FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Canadian Jatraqueros, Now Is Your Chance!

Author Topic: Canadian Jatraqueros, Now Is Your Chance!
saxon75
Member # 4589

- posted      Profile for saxon75           Edit/Delete Post 
Well, not now, maybe. But soon. And perhaps not "is" but definitely "could be."

Here's the deal:

Juliette and I are going up to Ontario for Christmas this year to visit her grandmother, who lives in St. Thomas. We'll be in the St. Thomas/Port Stanley area from the evening of 12/23 through 12/30. I was thinking that it might be nice to meet some of you folks, if any of you were interested.

There are definitely some restrictions on our ability to hang out. The 23rd through the 25th (and probably the 26th as well) are booked up solid, but I figure that won't be a problem as most of you will be with your own families anyway. We will almost certainly have some other family function to attend, but I won't know details until it gets closer to the time. The main thing, though, is that we may or may not have a car, so it's unlikely we'd be able to go much further than London.

So it's tentative at this point, but I thought I'd go ahead and see if there was any interest. Let me know what you think. And rest assured that this thread will be bumped as the time grows nearer.

Posts: 4534 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saxon75
Member # 4589

*bump*
Posts: 4534 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ophelia
Member # 653

- posted      Profile for Ophelia   Email Ophelia         Edit/Delete Post 
I could probably do something, assuming I don't have to go to Delaware for the holidays. [Smile]

[ September 29, 2003, 01:53 PM: Message edited by: Ophelia ]

Posts: 3801 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

- posted      Profile for twinky   Email twinky         Edit/Delete Post 
I'll be spending the Christmas break back home in Nova Scotia...
Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm shocked, just stunned.

Why are you Canadians not jumping at the chance to meet the lovely saxon and the remarkable Juliette? (Err, reverse that.)

Where are your priorities, people?

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

- posted      Profile for Ralphie   Email Ralphie         Edit/Delete Post 
Come to Portland, Mike. Dan and I would love to hang wichoo guys.
Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saxon75
Member # 4589

Toni, I would, but I don't think that would really accomplish the holiday goal of hanging out with Juliette's grandma and other Canadian relatives.
Jaiden
Member # 2099

- posted      Profile for Jaiden   Email Jaiden         Edit/Delete Post 
Heya [Smile]

Sorry, I don't have internet access right now (just moved), and Pod at present only has it at school (just moved too).

Last I checked (as of last week- we have no phone lines yet) we're not positive about what we're doing. [Dont Know]

Here's the possibilities of where in the world we could be at that time:

A) Depending on our financial situation we could be in Tokyo (his mother and brother's are there at present).

B) Depending on my Grandfather's health, we could be in Florida (St. Petersbourgh/Clearwater area).

C) Depending on immediate family situations we could be (in no order *coughs in brother's/brothers' direction(s)*)
C1)Columbus Ohio
C2)Akron Ohio (I believe- somewhere else in Ohio [Wink] )
C3)Aylmer Ontario
C4)London Ontario
C5)Sudbury Ontario
C6)?????

We (*grins* perhaps that should be I- I haven't asked Pod yet) would love to meet you [Big Grin]

If we're in Aylmer or London it'll be a piece of cake- it's about a 30-40 minute drive from London to St. Thomas and about a 15-20 minute drive from Aylmer to St. Thomas.

Posts: 944 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob the Lawyer
Member # 3278

- posted      Profile for Bob the Lawyer   Email Bob the Lawyer         Edit/Delete Post 
I'll be spending the holidays in the Sault, so you're going to miss me too. You just picked a poor time to come and visit, yo.
Posts: 3243 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.