FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Thor, where are you?

Author Topic: Thor, where are you?
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey gang, I haven't seen him for a while. Do we know if he is ok?

AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ana kata
Member # 5666

- posted      Profile for ana kata   Email ana kata         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, where did Thor go?

And karnivore. I really miss him too. [Frown] I hate it when people leave and don't let us know how they are doing.

Posts: 968 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
I hate it when people change their ID's to avoid a landmark. (glare)
Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ana kata
Member # 5666

Ryoko, did you mean me? I didn't change to avoid a landmark this time at all! I just like this name. The full explanation for why I took this name may be found here, if you're interested. [Smile]
Posts: 968 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

and ak here I thought it was just because you knew you were going to get a 666 suffix. [Wink]

The real reason was much cooler.

So where is Thor?

AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheTick
Member # 2883

- posted      Profile for TheTick   Email TheTick         Edit/Delete Post 
Hmm...he checked his fantasy football team this week, so he's still around.
Posts: 5422 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ana kata
Member # 5666

Yeah, the 666 was purely coincidental! But it's cool! I wonder who will get 6666? 666 belongs to someone named ldfahrni who only has one post. [Smile]
The Silverblue Sun
Member # 1630

- posted      Profile for The Silverblue Sun   Email The Silverblue Sun         Edit/Delete Post 
Where have I been?

A> WORKING - I got a full time job as a bookseller for a major bookstore chain. As far as Jobby-Jobs go, I love it. Sure, it's got some of the hassles and drag downs that go along with retail, but it's books and the people I work with are nice, sweet, cool and awesome (and it doesn't hurt that they all find me charming, smart, funny and always in a good mood).

B> STUDYING - I've been jammin' man on Photoshop and Html and attempting to draw horses. I'm doing quite well, but I'm a bit pissed of that in my new "page 2" I've got three rollover images, that needed about twelve layers in Imageready so I've got to down grade to like a 8% quality to get it under 60k. Which sucks because there is a lot of downgrade in my super cool image, looking to solve this problem, also, how one earth to I freeze the frame so that people cannot grow their browser window bigger than the original frame?

C> OUT AND ABOUT Now that I've got paychecks rolling in again, I'm going out in the spirit of the Great Viking.

So why haven't I posted much?

I've reached a point of peace.

There are 6 billion people on Earth and 250 million people in America.

They are going to do what they are going to do, and right now I don't have much influence over them at all, so I've kept my voice pretty low.

I mean really, if 56% of Americans want to go to sleep thinking that George W. Bush is a great president and a visionary leader. It's their right. I cannot convince them other wise at this point, even though the facts point to Bush being lousy, crappy and cruddy at the job of President of the United States.

George W. Bush is PROOF that the Corporations of the World now OWN us and our government.

Did you know that in the last 2 1/2 years since Bush #2 has been president that the top 10 Billionares have all grown in wealth at least an extra %17?

...but the american jesus loves a Billionare more than he loves Children, so I will wait, train, prepare and ready myself for when then fake american jesus is overthrown and the True King of Kings returns to the throne of the American mind.

I love you guys.

<T>

PS. I've recommended and sold many copies of Ender's Game to customers. [Wink]

[ September 26, 2003, 03:08 PM: Message edited by: The Silverblue Sun ]

Posts: 2752 | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats on the job, Thor! You sound busy and happy. [Smile]
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

Awesome, I'm glad things are rolling for you Thor! I was just wondering why we hadn't seen you.

You won't desert your Hatrack family completely will you?

((Thor))

AJ

eslaine
Member # 5433

- posted      Profile for eslaine           Edit/Delete Post 
Yay, Thor! Keep the faith, baby!
Posts: 2506 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ludosti
Member # 1772

- posted      Profile for ludosti   Email ludosti         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm so glad to hear you're in good spirits! Congratulations on the job and good luck on the other work you're doing!! I am thrilled that you have reached a point of peace in your life! [Smile]
Posts: 5879 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
((Thor!))

Keep a doing what you're doing. I bet that discount doesn't hurt at all, does it? [Wink]

Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob the Lawyer
Member # 3278

- posted      Profile for Bob the Lawyer   Email Bob the Lawyer         Edit/Delete Post 
Yup, same old Thor [Smile]
Posts: 3243 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
Thor, that's great news! Glad to hear that the new job is having such a revitalizing effect.
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
[Big Grin] [Group Hug] (((((((((((((Thor)))))))))))) [Group Hug] [Big Grin]

Hobbes [Smile]

[ September 26, 2003, 04:20 PM: Message edited by: Hobbes ]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ela
Member # 1365

- posted      Profile for Ela           Edit/Delete Post 
Good to hear from you, Thor. [Smile]

**Ela**

Posts: 5771 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
James Tiberius Kirk
Member # 2832

- posted      Profile for James Tiberius Kirk           Edit/Delete Post 
About Karn: I saw him on ansible moo a while back; he doesn't go there anymore, i don't think.
Posts: 3617 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shan
Member # 4550

- posted      Profile for Shan           Edit/Delete Post 
Way to go!!!! Congrat's on the job, good luck on the art project and stay in shape for the big she-bang. The NY Times just did a front page piece on the growing disparity between rich and poor and how many children are living in poverty.

"Suffer the little ones", hmmmm?

Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.