FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » You're invited! (or...somebody please invite me?)

Author Topic: You're invited! (or...somebody please invite me?)
Boon
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, I just can't stand it anymore.

You are the greatest group of people I've met in a very long time, and I'd be honored to call each of you my friend. That said...

Is there any kind of get-together thingie within, say, 4 hours driving distance from Tulsa, Oklahoma in the next couple of months? If there is, I'm coming.

If not, here's what I propose: I'm hosting a party. All you gotta do is show up. Mid-October, perhaps the weekend of the 18th, you can all come to my house. Bring a movie, a board game, some CD's, some of your original poetry/stories/artwork, or anything else you'd like to share. I have a VCR and a DVD player on my one and only TV, but both of my computers will play DVD's as well. If you have one, bring your laptop, as I'll only have my one computer in the house and my laptop, properly equipped to get online out in the pasture if I want. [Big Grin]

I'm providing the food, restroom facilities, maps, tours of the area, plenty of floor/couch/yard space for sleeping [Big Grin] and possibly even transportation to and from the airport, if anyone decides they have the money to blow on a plane ticket to see lil' ol' me.

I live on a lovely piece of property, 1 mile long by 1/2 mile wide, with horses, llamas, old delapidated barns, fishing ponds, and plenty of woods to explore. There *are* a couple of other homes on the property, but both families are very nice and won't mind a bunch of people exploring, so long as you don't try to explore *inside* their homes. [Evil] Here's the area, more or less.

So, consider yourself invited. [Party] The date is flexible, I expect it to last all weekend, and I'm not opposed to changing the itenerary at the drop of a hat. I just need to know how much food to buy a week in advance. [Big Grin]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
odouls268
Member # 2145

- posted      Profile for odouls268   Email odouls268         Edit/Delete Post 
Within four hours of Tulsa...hmm..depends on how fast you drive. If youre willing to break the land speed record...
Posts: 2532 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
odouls268
Member # 2145

- posted      Profile for odouls268   Email odouls268         Edit/Delete Post 
You know Boon, serendipitously, this thread made me think of the poem 'the greatest boon'. Ever read it?
Posts: 2532 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sndrake
Member # 4941

- posted      Profile for sndrake   Email sndrake         Edit/Delete Post 
Boon,

can't make it for this, but for what it's worth, Tulsa is a place I want to make a visit to sometime to make my own sort of pilgrimage, involving some time at possibly the University, newspaper archives, public library and one of the area cemeteries.

So I just might take you up on your offer sometime in the future... provided you're willing to extend it beyond this event.

Posts: 4344 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
Deal! It's five hours from Dallas, but it sounds lovely. It would have to be for the weekend, and it sounds just wonderful. [Smile]
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boon
unregistered

If you don't mind sleeping on a couch, or, if that's occupied, the floor...or, if that's occupied too, a tent in the yard, SURE, you can come anytime. [Big Grin] I'm not kidding, either. Oh, and I have a van that can haul around 7 adults with seatbelts, or we can squeeze in 5 or 6 more if seatbelts are optional. My car only holds 4 adults, but my husband has a truck...so...what? 15 or so in the back? Come on over! [Big Grin]
Feyd Baron
Member # 1407

- posted      Profile for Feyd Baron   Email Feyd Baron         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Boon, let me know when this event might be. I'm about 5 or 6 hours away (I think) and would be interested in attending provided I'm not going to be in another state on the day.

It'd be a blast.

Feyd Baron, DoC

Posts: 1000 | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ginette
Member # 852

- posted      Profile for ginette   Email ginette         Edit/Delete Post 
ARRGH! I wish I could come Boon, but I am from the Netherlands. A weekend trip to the US is just to expensive for me.

Your place sounds lovely. You have any photos to share?

Anyway, have a nice party! And tell us not-comers all about it please.

Posts: 1247 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kayla
Member # 2403

- posted      Profile for Kayla   Email Kayla         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
If you don't mind sleeping on a couch, or, if that's occupied, the floor...or, if that's occupied too, a tent in the yard
Why not sleep in the van? Fewer bugs than in the tent, I'm thinking. And fewer lumps. Well, depending on the van, I suppose. [Wink]
Posts: 9871 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kayla
Member # 2403

Hey, Boon, are you going to Caleb's at Thanksgiving?
Posts: 9871 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boon
unregistered

quote:
Hey, Boon, are you going to Caleb's at Thanksgiving?
What!?! Where? Details, please!

Why do I always miss the posts I wanna see?!

Boon
unregistered

And yeah, people can sleep in the van. I would rather sleep in a tent myself, but, hey, that's me.

So, bring your pillows, blankets, sleeping bags...and your tent if we get enough people coming, and we'll have a blast!

Kayla
Member # 2403

Caleb lives in Kansas City and is hosting Thanksgiving. Bob Scopatz and Mackillian are going to be there. Caleb will be back to post more information closer to Thanksgiving. I don't know who else will be there. Everyone is invited, though. [Smile] (Bob is in Texas, maybe y'all could carpool. [Wink] )
ludosti
Member # 1772

- posted      Profile for ludosti   Email ludosti         Edit/Delete Post 
Here is Caleb's thread.

[ September 12, 2003, 08:30 PM: Message edited by: ludosti ]

Posts: 5879 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boon
unregistered

Thanks for the linkage.
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

- posted      Profile for PSI Teleport   Email PSI Teleport         Edit/Delete Post 
Jeez Feyd. You get around. [Smile]
Posts: 6367 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.