FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » I never knew *that* was in my job description . . .

Author Topic: I never knew *that* was in my job description . . .
dkw
Member # 3264

- posted      Profile for dkw   Email dkw         Edit/Delete Post 
Yesterday I paid a pre-surgical pastoral call on a cat. Pre-surgical calls are something I did a lot of as a hospital chaplain, somewhat fewer as a parish pastor, but this is the first time the call-ee was feline. One of our second graders’ cats is having surgery today. She (the girl, not the cat) was a little nervous about it.

The thing I love most about my job is that it’s never the same from day to day. [Smile]

Anyone else done anything out-of-the ordinary at work this week?

Posts: 9866 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Christy
Member # 4397

- posted      Profile for Christy   Email Christy         Edit/Delete Post 
*giggle* That's wonderful! *hopes the kitty makes it through surgery okay*

I've been working out at the farm this week. I've never harvested corn before -- its quite some work! Actually, I wasn't doing the harvesting, my coworker was. I was measuring plot length and cleaning up the corn that had just fallen over and not made it into the chopper. I'm very glad these days are few and far between!

Posts: 1777 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
Last year, when I was working at the flower shop, I had to unpack a bunch of boxes of Christmas decorations that had been stored up in someone's barn all year.

In the process, I found no less than 27 dead bats. As to why they felt it necessary to crawl into a fake tree and die, I'll never know, but I was washing my hands every 8 minutes, and ended up scrubbing them raw. Awful stuff.

Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm sure the cat felt better knowing you care.

Good work!

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
littlemissattitude
Member # 4514

- posted      Profile for littlemissattitude   Email littlemissattitude         Edit/Delete Post 
How sweet. Cats need pastoral care too, as do the little girls who own cats that are going to have surgery. [Smile]
Posts: 2454 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trisha the Severe Hottie
Member # 6000

- posted      Profile for Trisha the Severe Hottie   Email Trisha the Severe Hottie         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, just searching through the old posts...
Posts: 666 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
I thought Christy worked in a lab? I am confused.

And this was before the Dana-Bob lovefest, was it not? Hee hee.

Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Christy
Member # 4397

- posted      Profile for Christy   Email Christy         Edit/Delete Post 
I work at an agronomy lab -- hence also do a bit of farm work, cow work and research plots.
Posts: 1777 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
Cool! I thought maybe you used to work on a farm, and now work in a lab.
Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott R
Member # 567

- posted      Profile for Scott R   Email Scott R         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm conspiring to axe murder everyone in our sales department.
Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Javert Hugo
Member # 3980

- posted      Profile for Javert Hugo   Email Javert Hugo         Edit/Delete Post 
My favorite pre-lovefest BobandDana moment was when Dana posted fluff to bump Bob's landmark on to the second page.
Posts: 1753 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dread pirate romany
Member # 6869

- posted      Profile for dread pirate romany   Email dread pirate romany         Edit/Delete Post 
That is so cool, Dana...I remember the day the senior pastor baptised Olivia's doll after a service. These things mean so much to the little ones.
Posts: 1021 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.