FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » For cat lovers (and haters)

Author Topic: For cat lovers (and haters)
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
http://www.students.bucknell.edu/nroseszu/cat.wmv

[Evil Laugh] [ROFL] [Evil Laugh]

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belle
Member # 2314

- posted      Profile for Belle   Email Belle         Edit/Delete Post 
Man, I was hoping it was something new. [Frown]

That's already been well circulated here, not that it isn't worth another look. [Smile]

Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
well drat. I hadn't seen it until today. It sure got a laugh out of me though!!
Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dragon
Member # 3670

- posted      Profile for Dragon   Email Dragon         Edit/Delete Post 
Me too Belle.
Posts: 3420 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fitz
Member # 4803

- posted      Profile for Fitz   Email Fitz         Edit/Delete Post 
My cat is so fat, he probably would have brought the entire fan ripping down from the ceiling. That is if he could even jump that high in the first place.
Posts: 1855 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
O_O Wow. Ouch?
Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

- posted      Profile for Ralphie   Email Ralphie         Edit/Delete Post 
O_O

That was terrible. [Frown]

(Fitz - Yeah, my cat too.)

Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Professor Funk
Member # 5608

- posted      Profile for Professor Funk   Email Professor Funk         Edit/Delete Post 
I haven't seen that yet...

it made me laugh so hard I cried!

Posts: 99 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
That's horrible! [Frown]
Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
How awful. I hope the cat survived intact. It's funny, until you know it may have been a bloody mess on the floor.

I am sorry to be a party pooper, but this makes me very sad.

Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fitz
Member # 4803

- posted      Profile for Fitz   Email Fitz         Edit/Delete Post 
Cat's are very resilient creatures. I've had four cats in my life, and I've seen them take some of the craziest falls ever. Falls that would kill your average human being. They usually just get up, shake it off, and walk on. Albeit with a very hurt pride.

It seems that we have quite a difference in perspective here. Some people think it's hilarious, and I know some of us cringe when we see that clip. Maybe cat lovers just can't laugh at that kind of thing. Or am I wrong? Any cat owners who found that clip funny?

Posts: 1855 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not a cat owner and I found that to be thoroughly unpleasant. [Frown]
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

- posted      Profile for Ralphie   Email Ralphie         Edit/Delete Post 
I didn't. [Frown]

Even if the cat was okay, the last ::thump:: at the end made me a little sick. It was still painful, even if not lethal.

It's odd, because I've found other things that were probably painful to animals funny, in the set-up and execution of clips, etc... And I have a really bad habit of being entirely irreverant and laughing at most anything. I'm not sure why this, in particular, wasn't funny to me.

Maybe I just have a particular soft-spot for kitties.

Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

I'm sure that the thump didn't hurt the kitty TOO much... Cats are amazingly able to take a fall as was said earlier. I was just thinking about how painful it would be to hang from a rotating ceiling fan by one finger. (claw)
Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
newfoundlogic
Member # 3907

- posted      Profile for newfoundlogic   Email newfoundlogic         Edit/Delete Post 
I agree with Ryuko, my cats have tried to jump from ledges and missed, fallen off shelves, ran into walls, and everytime they just got up and did it again.
Posts: 3446 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

O_o; newfoundlogic, it sounds as if you've had some phenominally stupid cats.
newfoundlogic
Member # 3907

- posted      Profile for newfoundlogic   Email newfoundlogic         Edit/Delete Post 
The Cat IQ book says they're geniuses but... [Dont Know]
Edit: Can't spell geniuses

[ September 03, 2003, 10:51 PM: Message edited by: newfoundlogic ]

Posts: 3446 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WheatPuppet
Member # 5142

- posted      Profile for WheatPuppet   Email WheatPuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
Strangely enough, the first time I saw that clip it was in my Operating Systems (a.k.a. Sysadmin) class last spring and was being displayed by my professor. That's what system administrators do when they aren't fixing your printer, or at least that was his justification... we also watched Ninja Monkies among some other things. [Big Grin]
Posts: 903 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beren One Hand
Member # 3403

- posted      Profile for Beren One Hand           Edit/Delete Post 
For the love of god I hope that was a seamlessly executed CGI clip. [No No]
Posts: 4116 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Maccabeus
Member # 3051

- posted      Profile for Maccabeus   Email Maccabeus         Edit/Delete Post 
Cats are very tough creatures...I suspect it came out with little harm. I hope so.
Posts: 1041 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
"Cats are amazingly able to take a fall as was said earlier."

I saw a PBS special "Cats: Caressing the Tiger." It was fascinating. Anyway, it showed how cats don't actually do well at all from short falls. They will be injured or die more often if they fall from a two story window than from a high rise building. They need the extra height to go into a freefall state.

If you like cats, or are interested in them at all, definitely try to see that show.

[ September 04, 2003, 04:26 PM: Message edited by: Elizabeth ]

Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
newfoundlogic
Member # 3907

Well I think that if the cat was really hurt than the person who made the video wouldn't have released it all over the internet. So because of my confidence that the cat is ok I can't stop watching it, its sooo funny.
Bokonon
Member # 480

- posted      Profile for Bokonon           Edit/Delete Post 
Ummm, it looks like computer-generated cat to me (right as the cat turns to face the camera, and then turns back to grab the swing on the fan).

-Bok

Posts: 7021 | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.