FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Big Favor

Author Topic: Big Favor
Scott R
Member # 567

- posted      Profile for Scott R   Email Scott R         Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, I fall upon Hatrack's mercy.

Some of you may be familiar with my dark urban series, about a little boy named Anthem. One of the stories, appropriately titled 'Anthem,' was a top 20 in last year's Phobos contest.

I've added a prequel, called 'Elephant and Mouse.' Or something like that.

Anyway, I'm in need of serious critiquers (favor returned). The problem is that Elephant and Mouse is LONG for a short story-- 41 pages/12000 words. More like a novella.

Anyway, if you're interested in my undying gratitude, please let me know if you'll critique this drivel.

Email's in the profile.

Thanks.

Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
I'd like to read BOTH stories. [Smile]
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

- posted      Profile for Ralphie   Email Ralphie         Edit/Delete Post 
dandadodge@comcast.net
Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fitz
Member # 4803

- posted      Profile for Fitz   Email Fitz         Edit/Delete Post 
I would also like to read both stories. [Smile]

seanlockley@hotmail.com

Posts: 1855 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kwsni
Member # 1831

- posted      Profile for kwsni   Email kwsni         Edit/Delete Post 
You know i'll read it, I've got nothing else to do. Though i might take you up on having the favor returned. [Smile]

Ni!

Posts: 1925 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
larisse
Member # 2221

- posted      Profile for larisse   Email larisse         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh... me too. Pretty please. I would love to read both. Thank you.

Who needs sleep... [Sleep] .

Posts: 822 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zotto!
Member # 4689

- posted      Profile for Zotto!   Email Zotto!         Edit/Delete Post 
In the words of the Beatles, "Please Please Me" too.

I don't have a whole heck of a lot of time to be on the computer where I'm temporarily living, unfortunately, so if you're looking for a QUICK reply I won't be able to provide it. [Frown]

I'd be really interested in reading the stories, though. [Smile]

zotto_exclaim@softhome.net

[ September 02, 2003, 01:18 AM: Message edited by: Zotto! ]

Posts: 1595 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
I'll happily sign up too. But as Zotto! said, don't expect to hear back quickly. [Wink]
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Maccabeus
Member # 3051

- posted      Profile for Maccabeus   Email Maccabeus         Edit/Delete Post 
Are these stories realistic fiction, or speculative? Only the latter interests me much...
Posts: 1041 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

- posted      Profile for Papa Moose   Email Papa Moose         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm certainly willing to give it a look, Scooter. PapaMooose@adelphia.net. Hope I can come up with something more useful than I did on the last story of yours I read. Is there a timeframe within which you need a response?

When another Scott on this board (can't recall the last name right now, but I'm pretty sure his name was Scott) requests that people read stories from a series, he often asks specifically for any contradictions with other books in the series. If you need this info as well, you're welcome to send additional stories, and I'll try to get through them, too. But that will take longer.

--Pop

Posts: 6213 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
I'd love to read them.

frodowiththeninefingers@yahoo.com

Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.