FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Publication date -- August 26

Author Topic: Publication date -- August 26
Lalo
Member # 3772

- posted      Profile for Lalo   Email Lalo         Edit/Delete Post 
This can't be right. George R. R. Martin's fourth book in the A Song Of Ice And Fire series in coming out in, what, three days -- and there's no excitement about it at Hatrack?
Posts: 3293 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
That's my 25th birthday...
Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fitz
Member # 4803

- posted      Profile for Fitz   Email Fitz         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm excited, but I'm either going to be put on a huge list at the library, or wait for the paperback. I'm too poor to buy a hardcover book.
Posts: 1855 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
Happy almost birthday, Synesthesia!!

(It's my birthday today, hooray!)

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
plaid
Member # 2393

- posted      Profile for plaid   Email plaid         Edit/Delete Post 
GRRM's website -- www.georgerrmartin.com -- says he's not finished yet...

[ August 23, 2003, 12:57 PM: Message edited by: plaid ]

Posts: 2911 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fitz
Member # 4803

Now I see at barnesandnoble.com that the publication date is April 27, 2004. Where'd you get your information from? Are you messing with us? [Grumble]
Posts: 1855 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

(It's my birthday today, hooray!)

thanks [Big Grin] Happy B day to you too!
[Party]

Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fitz
Member # 4803

Apparently there is a conflict of rumors circulating in regards to the release date. I haven't been able to find anything concrete. This is the closest I've come to finding any solid information.
fil
Member # 5079

- posted      Profile for fil   Email fil         Edit/Delete Post 
As noted, the best and up to date info is on GRRM's site. When the "I'm still writing" note is down, the smoke is white. Until then we wait.

If you see any release info with page numbers, giggle and move along. Can't count what ain't done.

But...he just released the start of a comic book arc entitled "The Hedge Knight" which is sort of prequel to the main Fire and Ice storyline. The art was great, the story piqued my interest and it was nice to fill time until the new book is finished. First issue just out a few weeks ago. Go get it.

fil

Posts: 896 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
PS. Happy Rai Day yesterday.
Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.