FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » WenchCon - Stuff to bring (Page 6)

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: WenchCon - Stuff to bring
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
I've decided to basically bring everything I've got, costume-wise. So anyone who remotely fits my description (I'm 5'5", 140 lbs., 40 E, big boned-- so probably taller but more slightly built women could wear my costume pieces, as well), is welcome to whatever extras I end up having (although Lucky 4 has already been promised first pick of everything, as my roomie).

[ March 06, 2005, 12:18 PM: Message edited by: ketchupqueen ]

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ela
Member # 1365

- posted      Profile for Ela           Edit/Delete Post 
That was kwsni's dress...and she's not coming. [Frown]

We'll miss you kws - not just cause of the dress. [Razz]

Posts: 5771 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
Damn. [Frown]
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lucky4
Member # 1420

- posted      Profile for Lucky4   Email Lucky4         Edit/Delete Post 
Ketchupqueen Officially Rocks.

(I have the coolest roomy!! [Razz] [Wink] [Big Grin] )

Posts: 186 | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jenny Gardener
Member # 903

- posted      Profile for Jenny Gardener   Email Jenny Gardener         Edit/Delete Post 
I also have fun with the song the dwarves sang to Bilbo when they crashed his house. I tried to make it sound cool and spooky...

"Under the Misty Mountains cold
To dungeons deem and caverns old,
We must away ere break of day
To seek our long forgotten gold.."

Posts: 3141 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ela
Member # 1365

Anyone want to buy an extra large Wenchcon shirt? I bought it for Shlomo, but he decided he wants large instead. I was going to just return it, but if someone wants it, I won't. It cost me $9.99 plus about $2.30 in shipping.

The logo is real nice. [Big Grin]

Posts: 5771 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megan
Member # 5290

- posted      Profile for Megan           Edit/Delete Post 
Ela, I'll take it. I'll get it from you when I get to Atlanta, if that's ok. [Smile]
Posts: 4077 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megan
Member # 5290

You know, I need to see if my pub wench costume still fits.
Posts: 4077 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ela
Member # 1365

Cool, Megan. I'll throw it in my suitcase. [Smile]
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Olivia? What were all those things we are supposed to bring with us?
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mormo
Member # 5799

- posted      Profile for Mormo           Edit/Delete Post 
Books for a book exchange.
Costumes and outfits.
Maybe some games or DVDs.
Morbo

Posts: 327 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megan
Member # 5290

Got the others, but I'm afraid I don't have any Morbo.
Olivetta
Member # 6456

- posted      Profile for Olivetta   Email Olivetta         Edit/Delete Post 
There will be enough Morbo to go around. [Smile]

Also, remember Swimsuits, because there is a hot tub.

Also, Ben wants to drag those interested to a comedy club, and Jenny G and I are probably going dancing after, so whatever clothes you think are appropriate for that.

Also, if anybody has Karaoke cds, we may get a player after all.

Posts: 1664 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lucky4
Member # 1420

This book swap. Is it a permanent thing, or do you mail the books back when you're done? It influences what I would bring (or more precisely, what I would be willing to lose). Thanks!
Posts: 186 | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ben
Member # 6117

- posted      Profile for Ben   Email Ben         Edit/Delete Post 
Lucky, i may be wrong but i think it's to keep. I don't know. Those books i find most precious to me are the ones i love giving away the most. I end up rebuying Perks of Being a Wallflower at least 3 times each year because i keep giving my copy away...i am thrilled to do it.
Posts: 1572 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mormo
Member # 5799

Lucky, I had thought a permanant swap, but if you want to bring some books to loan out that's OK. I'm asking everyone to please bring at least 1 good book to swap permanently. More are optional, and you could bring others of lesser quality.
I'm planning on bringing at least one Card to swap, Treasure Box, maybe more.
And the Golden Compass--I got this at the last WenchCon book swap and I thought it was OK but not my thing. I know others like it though.
Maybe also some Vernor Vinge, I haven't decided.

Posts: 327 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mormo
Member # 5799

That was funny, Megan. [Razz]
After a weekend trapped in a meeting room with me, you will be surfeited of Morbo, I promise.
[Evil Laugh] [Wall Bash]

Morbo

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Okay would anyone who's not interested in dancing or comedy, or can't stay out that late, be interested in, say, My Big Fat Greek Wedding or something? I'm bringing the portable DVD player anyway, so it's not much trouble to grab one more DVD. (Other options would be Galaxy Quest or Pirates of the Caribbean; I'm looking at our DVD shelf and thinking "light".)

[ March 09, 2005, 12:58 PM: Message edited by: ketchupqueen ]

TMedina
Member # 6649

- posted      Profile for TMedina   Email TMedina         Edit/Delete Post 
Oooh, decisions, decisions - out clubbing with the Wenches or giggling insanely with the Wenches.

While, granted, one does not preclude the other...

-Trevor

Posts: 5413 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JaneX
Member # 2026

- posted      Profile for JaneX           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I'm asking everyone to please bring at least 1 good book to swap permanently.
I'll leave it to my mom to bring one for me. All the books I have with me at college are my favorites, and I don't want to give 'em up. [Razz]

~Jane~

Posts: 2057 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mormo
Member # 5799

You had me at Pirates, ketchup.
Morbo

Mormo
Member # 5799

OK, Ela, rifle through Jane's books at home and bring some good ones.
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Okay, I'll just grab all three; we can decide later. So junk food and silly movies are an option for anyone who doesn't feel like going out (or, like me, just can't).
TMedina
Member # 6649

Worst case scenario, I can bring Pirates - my roomie has two bookshelves full of DVDs.

However, they do tend to be more in the "guy flick" category.

-Trevor

Edit: And I've been looking for an excuse to buy Underworld. [Big Grin]

[ March 09, 2005, 12:59 PM: Message edited by: TMedina ]

Posts: 5413 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JaneX
Member # 2026

I have Pirates too, and I'm bringing all my DVDs with me as usual. I also have Monsters Inc, as well as a whole bunch of anime, of course. [Big Grin]

~Jane~

Posts: 2057 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Emma just pulled out The Wedding Singer to remind me we have that. [Smile] If you have Pirates, I'll leave mine for my husband.
TMedina
Member # 6649

The Wedding Singer will make my decision that much easier. [Taunt]

I'll rummage through and grab an assortment of DVDs -

Pirates
Bastard (anime)
Louie, the Rune Soldier (anime)
Lodoss War (anime, if I can find it)

He's got the full-length movies of LotR and others, if I can find those...

I'll make a list tonight.

-Trevor

Ben
Member # 6117

No need to bring DVD player really. One will be setup in meeting room and i think will be free for viewing anytime LOTR isn't showing.

DVDs on the other hand there will be a shortage of...

[ March 09, 2005, 01:14 PM: Message edited by: Ben ]

Posts: 1572 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TMedina
Member # 6649

Yes, but I think one will be needed for a hotel room for a more cozy, informal setting.

Not everyone wants to go out and embrace the knight's life.

-Trevor

Megan
Member # 5290

I'll bring a few DVDs. [Smile]
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

I'm bringing the DVD player, along with Baby Bach and Baby Beethoven DVDs, to make plane travel with an 11 month old easier. And as mentioned, it can be set up in a hotel room for a more "slumber party" feeling. Plus, if there are two groups who decide they want to watch different movies at the same time, there you go.
Ben
Member # 6117

word.
Ela
Member # 1365

quote:
Also, Ben wants to drag those interested to a comedy club, and Jenny G and I are probably going dancing after, so whatever clothes you think are appropriate for that.
Haha, I am wondering if I am too old to go dancing. [Razz]
And what kind of clothes would I wear for that?

quote:
quote:

I'm asking everyone to please bring at least 1 good book to swap permanently.

I'll leave it to my mom to bring one for me. All the books I have with me at college are my favorites, and I don't want to give 'em up.
You sure you trust me to do that, Jane? Last time I picked out some books to get rid of, you complained. Plus, I just gave a load of books to the Thespian yard sale.

Last time I didn't bring a book to exchange, so...what kind of books are we talking here? Are we limiting it to adult interest or are kids' books also fair game?

Ela
Member # 1365

Oh, and the only CD's and DVD's I have are mainly Israeli folkdancing music (with the exception of one "Mom's Oldies and Randomnes Mix" Jane made me for my birthday [Big Grin] ).

We could watch Shlomo folkdancing... [Wink]

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

You can always wear Wench attire out dancing. [Big Grin]

Of course, due to my recent illness, my selection of Wench attire will be more limited than planned. Oh, well. It'll get done before the Ren Faire season is upon me.

TMedina
Member # 6649

Heh.

As far as I know, the dancing locations haven't been determined and the "appropriate attire" can vary wildly. [Big Grin]

-Trevor

Ela
Member # 1365

quote:
As far as I know, the dancing locations haven't been determined and the "appropriate attire" can vary wildly.
That's not helpful, Trevor. [Razz]

I'm probably too old for that kind of stuff anyway. [Eek!] [Wink]

TMedina
Member # 6649

Ahem.

I can only pass along the information as it was passed to me, forged in the fires of Home Depot.

Or was it Mama Fu's?

-Trevor

JaneX
Member # 2026

quote:
Last time I didn't bring a book to exchange, so...what kind of books are we talking here? Are we limiting it to adult interest or are kids' books also fair game?
If you WANT. You don't HAVE to.

~Jane~

Lucky4
Member # 1420

Hmmm...books for keeps, eh? Normally I would reserve that action for a very advanced relationship, but I suppose I'll make an exception this time. [Wink] And I'll also spare everyone from the books I most want rid of (John Grishams bought in international airports).

As for Saturday night activities, I'm a pretty go-with-the-flow type gal, so any film or activity will suit me just fine!

See ya there! [Wave]

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Even if it's in our room? [Razz] [Wink]
Lucky4
Member # 1420

[ROFL]

Especially if it's in our room!

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

[Big Grin] Good. And since I haven't decided what to write on it yet, you can help me decide what to put on Emma's onesie that I'm going to have folks sign. So far the best I've thought of is "Jatraquera in Training".
Mormo
Member # 5799

Lucky, it's just one good book (more are optional), and hopefully you'll bring home one as good or better.

It's OK if anyone doesn't want to participate, but I think most of us are.

Ela
Member # 1365

Last year only some people brought books, and it worked out alright. [Smile]
Mormo
Member # 5799

Ketchup, what's a onesie, a jumpsuit?
How about "Future Ender."

rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
A onesie is a baby undershirt that snaps at the crotch.

Like so.

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Thank you, rivka. They are wonderful-- don't ride up when the baby crawls around like a t-shirt does.

And I hope she's not a future Ender! Especially since she's a girl. [Wink]

There's always "I went to WenchCon 2005, and people wrote on me. What's up with that?"

I had forgotten about the book! D'oh! Now I have to go find room in the bag that's not already half a pound away from the 50 pound limit... (I know a book doesn't weigh that much, but we're not sure how accurate our scale is, anyway.)

In five hours, we'll be on our way to the airport, from whence we will depart for WenchCon!!!! Yay!!!!!!

Mormo
Member # 5799

I know you have a girl, "Future Ender" just has a deliciously weird ring to it.

If you are that close to the weight limit you get a free pass if you want, ketchup. Especially since you have a kid and assorted toddler paraphanalia to lug.

Have a great flight! Is Olivetta picking you up?

rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Safe flights (or other travel) to all. [Smile]

Have fun, guys!

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.