FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Hatrack Gift Exchange: If you haven't gotten a gift, read last page (Page 5)

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Hatrack Gift Exchange: If you haven't gotten a gift, read last page
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Synesthesia:
Darn. I hope my gift got received

i do not want to get banned. My neighbour sent it ages ago....

Your package arrived the day my brothers were leaving for Japan, so I just go it!

Thanks for the Dir En Gray CD! I would have expected nothing less from Synethesia. In truth I really did want one, just because you speak so highly of them. Love it, I'll post impressions later.

Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KetchupPrinceConsort
Member # 8047

- posted      Profile for KetchupPrinceConsort   Email KetchupPrinceConsort         Edit/Delete Post 
I hope my package was received as well. I checked the delivery confirmation and it shows it was delivered on the 15th. I am hoping someone else didn't pick it up and not give it to my giftee.
Posts: 137 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by BlackBlade:
quote:
Originally posted by Synesthesia:
Darn. I hope my gift got received

i do not want to get banned. My neighbour sent it ages ago....

Your package arrived the day my brothers were leaving for Japan, so I just go it!

Thanks for the Dir En Gray CD! I would have expected nothing less from Synethesia. In truth I really did want one, just because you speak so highly of them. Love it, I'll post impressions later.

Awesome.It's currently my favourite CD.
Especially Ware Yami Tote and Toguro.

Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
If anyone wants to organize the gift exchange next year could you please email hatrackfestivus@gmail.com
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Derrell
Member # 6062

- posted      Profile for Derrell   Email Derrell         Edit/Delete Post 
Still no package. [Frown]
Posts: 4569 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

- posted      Profile for sarcasticmuppet   Email sarcasticmuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
Supposedly my gift was delivered on the 26th, but that might just mean it's stuck in the post office, I'm not sure.
Posts: 4089 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Dark Knight
Member # 11592

- posted      Profile for The Dark Knight   Email The Dark Knight         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Derrell:
Still no package. [Frown]

You're patience will not go unrewarded, In my efforts get you something cool from my area I had to put off mailing your gift for quite some time.

On the downside, once you do get it, everyone will know who this alt is. Bleh! I will warn you that I can't send you anything bat related. DC would sue me for intellectual property infringement, and I refuse to buy anything from those corporate schlubs.

Posts: 6 | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Luet13
Member # 9274

- posted      Profile for Luet13   Email Luet13         Edit/Delete Post 
I checked UPS today, and it claims my gift was delivered. I sure hope so.
Posts: 511 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Derrell
Member # 6062

So, you're sending me something from Wayne Manor? [Big Grin]
Posts: 4569 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
I've always wanted a butler. A person gets so weary of always doing all her own butling.
Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
If you have not gotten a gift and have not already posted or emailed, please email hatrackfestivus@gmail.com If you're willing to admit that you haven't sent a gift, email too. I'm contacting every sender of recipients who have worried.
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dark as night
Member # 9577

- posted      Profile for Dark as night   Email Dark as night         Edit/Delete Post 
I got mine!!! [Party]

It actually was delivered earlier, but I was at work, and then I left town for a couple days and finally today was able to pick it up at the post office.

My package came all the way from Spain!! With amazing treats from the anti_maven family.

I got a REALLY cool CD of various Basque music. I LOVE it!!! The CD is awesome and will be a great addition to my collection of ethnic music. It was also accompanied by a little book with lyrics and what I guessed to be stories about the places they came from. That is a perfect thing since I'm learning Spanish right now and will be having fun translating!

I also got yummy treats called Xaxu de Tolosa. Perfect little sweet bite!!! And the Christmas card was cute and creative. I love the picture of the happy pirate! [Smile]

Thanks for everything, Rich!

Posts: 155 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
socal_chic
Member # 7803

- posted      Profile for socal_chic   Email socal_chic         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks ambyr! I got a really pretty necklace made with blue beads (blue is my favorite color!) and I got cute little socks from Washington D.C. These will be great for the cold Provo weather!

Sorry I didn't post sooner...and thanks again ambyr!

Posts: 137 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The White Whale
Member # 6594

- posted      Profile for The White Whale           Edit/Delete Post 
I got mine! Hank sent me a Cowboy Cookbook (one recipe calls for three whole camel. Another instructs me to serve to old men and dogs first [Big Grin] ), some Bluebell seeds, and an ornament. Thanks!
Posts: 1711 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KetchupPrinceConsort
Member # 8047

- posted      Profile for KetchupPrinceConsort   Email KetchupPrinceConsort         Edit/Delete Post 
I picked mine up from the post office today! It was Star Wars Risk! I can't wait to convince kq to play too. It happens to be two things I like rolled into one. Thank you!
Posts: 137 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I can't wait to convince kq to play too.
Does this involve bribery?
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
KPC just asked me what I got for my gift, and I realized mine hasn't come yet... I was so worried about getting ours out I didn't realize that. I guess mine isn't here yet.
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

I emailed your gifter, they have been very busy but I think they should have sent it out.
Hank
Member # 8916

- posted      Profile for Hank   Email Hank         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm glad it finally came. I sent it three weeks ago, and I was beginning to give up hope. The mail here is ridiculously slow.
Posts: 368 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DDDaysh
Member # 9499

- posted      Profile for DDDaysh   Email DDDaysh         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm glad you liked it KPC! I'm sorry it was so late. Stupid shipping carrier sent it back to the seller, and so he had to resend it.
Posts: 1321 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

It wasn't the carrier; he had put the wrong name on the package.
TH
Member # 11441

- posted      Profile for TH           Edit/Delete Post 
Still haven't gotten mine! *sob*
Posts: 23 | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valentine014
Member # 5981

- posted      Profile for Valentine014           Edit/Delete Post 
I got mine! Katie sent me some minty chocolates, a ruler with all of the presidents on it (including our newest), and some magnets with paintings of famous hands on them that she got at a local art shop. Thanks, Kat!!
Posts: 2064 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Darth_Mauve
Member # 4709

- posted      Profile for Darth_Mauve   Email Darth_Mauve         Edit/Delete Post 
TH, I owe you a big apology.

I was going to email you that apology, but I didn't have your email.

Due to unforeseen problems, your gift didn't get out until late. It did go out, New Years Eve, so expect it soon.

One thing I put in there was a comedy math quiz, and I realized I left out the instructions. I'll reproduce it, with the instructions, here so you can play with something until it arrives.

Part One--Geometry.

Divide this box into 4 equal parts:
(There should be a box at the end of this question, but I am not good with the ascii box making art)

Since you didn't study for this test you know you are going to get that question wrong, so to save the teacher some time and maybe get a brownie point, you put an x in the box, which just so happens divides box into 4 equal parts.

Part two: Multiplication

2 x 9 =
3 x 9 =
4 x 9 =
5 x 9 =
6 x 9 =
7 x 9 =
8 x 9 =
9 x 9 =

Well that is another thing you didn't study. Wonder how many of these you'll get wrong? You decide to count them.

2 x 9 = 1
3 x 9 = 2
4 x 9 = 3
5 x 9 = 4
6 x 9 = 5
7 x 9 = 6
8 x 9 = 7
9 x 9 = 8

Wow, 8 wrong. But since you have problems with math, maybe you had better count them again. This time start at the bottom.

2 x 9 = 18
3 x 9 = 27
4 x 9 = 36
5 x 9 = 45
6 x 9 = 54
7 x 9 = 63
8 x 9 = 72
9 x 9 = 81

Yep, 8 more wrong.

Then the teacher comes over and gives you a 100% correct grade.

Posts: 1941 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carrie
Member # 394

- posted      Profile for Carrie   Email Carrie         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I got my held mail delivered today and found books! Wonderful books I've never read before! Thank you, sarmup!

It's all terribly exciting - I have even more to read. [Big Grin]

Posts: 3932 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TH
Member # 11441

- posted      Profile for TH           Edit/Delete Post 
I spoke too soon! I came home from school today and there was a package waiting for me. Thank you so much for the She Love Me CD, as well! It's one that I didn't have yet, so I can add it to my collection!
The joke geometry test is great, and I'm sure I'll be able to amaze my brothers with the numbers trick card. And the short story looks great! I look forward to reading it.
Thanks again, Darth_Mauve! [Big Grin]

[ January 05, 2009, 07:42 PM: Message edited by: TH ]

Posts: 23 | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Genuine
Member # 11446

- posted      Profile for The Genuine           Edit/Delete Post 
I haven't gotten my gift.
Posts: 158 | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Genuine
Member # 11446

Thanks, Sarah, it just came. [Big Grin]
Posts: 158 | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

No problem, it was cheap.
Luet13
Member # 9274

I hope my person got his gift. UPS said it showed up and now I'm getting nervous.
Posts: 511 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

He said at one point that he was pretty sure it was at his dad's. I'll check again.
The Genuine
Member # 11446

I was a latecomer to the thread, so that's probably why mine was tardy.

No cause for concern for anyone else.

breyerchic04
Member # 6423

Did you send one?
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

quote:
Originally posted by Luet13:
I hope my person got his gift. UPS said it showed up and now I'm getting nervous.

That's what KPC is going through, too.

He keeps fretfully checking the thread.

It's rather cure actually.

The Genuine
Member # 11446

quote:
Originally posted by breyerchic04:
Did you send one?

No, since I didn't get one.
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

But but but I sent you one. I get really sick of those who receive but don't return.
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

- posted      Profile for sarcasticmuppet   Email sarcasticmuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Carrie:
Well, I got my held mail delivered today and found books! Wonderful books I've never read before! Thank you, sarmup!

It's all terribly exciting - I have even more to read. [Big Grin]

Yay!! I hope you like them -- they're a particular favorite series of mine (Miles Vorkosigan series by Louis McMasters Bujold)
Posts: 4089 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Derrell
Member # 6062

Dark Knight, when did you send it? Was it by UPS, FedEx, Mail,etc.? The reason I ask is that our mail carrier said there might be a mix up with our mail. Our Neighbor put a hold on his mail when he went on vacation and it's possible they got the house numbers mixed up. We've been getting mail, but it's possible a few things may have gotten sidetracked.

Still waiting anxiously. [Big Grin]

The Dark Knight
Member # 11592

- posted      Profile for The Dark Knight   Email The Dark Knight         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Dark Knight, when did you send it? Was it by UPS, FedEx, Mail,etc.? The reason I ask is that our mail carrier said there might be a mix up with our mail. Our Neighbor put a hold on his mail when he went on vacation and it's possible they got the house numbers mixed up. We've been getting mail, but it's possible a few things may have gotten sidetracked.

Still waiting anxiously. [Big Grin]

According to my sources there was a postal service mix up and you should have it by Monday or Tuesday, if not sooner. Also your gift was two parts and my wife moved one of the parts without telling me when I left to mail it. I've long since sent the first piece but I will be sending you the other piece tomorrow.

I sorta went over $30 but I couldn't help it, everything where I spent Christmas costs more than $30.

Posts: 6 | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Derrell
Member # 6062

[Cool] Maybe it will get here tomorrow.
Derrell
Member # 6062

The first part just got here. I got a wooden statue from Japan. [Cool]

*edited to add a description*

The statue is dressed in a kimono and has the braided hilt of a sword sticking out of his sash. Very [Cool]

[ January 09, 2009, 08:23 PM: Message edited by: Derrell ]

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

A boy statue in a kimono? Progressive. [Wink]
The Genuine
Member # 11446

quote:
Originally posted by breyerchic04:
But but but I sent you one. I get really sick of those who receive but don't return.

I promise to return any gift you get me. I could use the cash!
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

- posted      Profile for PSI Teleport   Email PSI Teleport         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
A boy statue in a kimono? Progressive.
I'm not sure I'd call that progress. [Big Grin]
Posts: 6367 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hansenj
Member # 4034

- posted      Profile for hansenj   Email hansenj         Edit/Delete Post 
Kimono directly translates to 'thing someone wears' and is currently used to refer to traditional Japanese clothing. It doesn't actually have a specific gender connotation.

I was so confused by your comment at first...

Posts: 1635 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

There are alternate definitions of kimono which is why I attempted the joke.

Nevermind...

Luet13
Member # 9274

[Cry]

I hope my person didn't just hate his gift so much that he refuses to post about it.

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Yeah, it seems like an awful lot of people haven't posted yet this year.
Starsnuffer
Member # 8116

- posted      Profile for Starsnuffer   Email Starsnuffer         Edit/Delete Post 
When I hear kimono I think of the samurai robe/underclothes for their armor, and only afterward of dresses.
Posts: 655 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
The first part just got here. I got a wooden statue from Japan. [Cool]

*edited to add a description*

The statue is dressed in a kimono and has the braided hilt of a sword sticking out of his sash. Very [Cool]

I want one. That sounds so cute!
Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.