FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Bush Secretly Lifted Some Limits on Spying in U.S., Officials Say (Page 5)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Bush Secretly Lifted Some Limits on Spying in U.S., Officials Say
Silkie
Member # 8853

- posted      Profile for Silkie   Email Silkie         Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you both for this information. The Hamdi case is indeed food for thought. I can't say that I agree that the decision goes as far as you say it does, but as a lay person discussing this with a third year law student, I am at a disadvantage. I conceed that you could be right.

And thanks for making me do my homework [Wink] by looking up Hamdi v Rumsfeld. That was interesting reading too.

The best thing about BB discussions is that they can make people THINK. My compliments to you all. You have made me think. [Hail] I like that.

Posts: 337 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you as well.

In case I skimmed over this, I HATE the Hamdi decision. I think I lost at least one clerkship for being a little too vocal about my preference for the Scalia dissent.

Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.