FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » WenchCon - Stuff to bring (Page 5)

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: WenchCon - Stuff to bring
JaneX
Member # 2026

- posted      Profile for JaneX           Edit/Delete Post 
MACARONI GRILL!!! [Big Grin]

(Not necessarily for Saturday night, but I'd like to go there at some point during the weekend. I loved writing stuff from The Book on the tablecloths last year. [Smile] )

~Jane~

Posts: 2057 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Not asian or seafood, and preferably family-friendly, is all I ask.
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ben
Member # 6117

- posted      Profile for Ben   Email Ben         Edit/Delete Post 
no asian? awww...
Posts: 1572 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ela
Member # 1365

- posted      Profile for Ela           Edit/Delete Post 
Mexican or Chinese could be problematic for us. Mexican - could contain lard. Chinese - they use meat broth in the stir fry - unless they have specifically vegetarian options.
Posts: 5771 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivetta
Member # 6456

- posted      Profile for Olivetta   Email Olivetta         Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, then. Macaroni Grill for the big group outing Saturday night.

We'll probably do other stuff for other meals.

I will be providing delivery services for Ela and JaneX Saturday (will you need something Friday night, too?), but only because I like them better than the rest of you. [Wink]

Ben, we can do a smaller group eating Asian for another meal.

I should have had our pre-WenchCon lunch at Mama Fu's! [Wink]

Posts: 1664 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ela
Member # 1365

What kind of Asian are you talking? [Smile]

We will probably get take-out like we did last year for Friday night, so that shouldn't be a problem. [Smile]

Posts: 5771 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Little_Doctor
Member # 6635

- posted      Profile for Little_Doctor   Email Little_Doctor         Edit/Delete Post 
You kids and your foreign food nonsense. A good ol' burger would do it for me. Just be happy I ain't there torturing you!
Posts: 1401 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivetta
Member # 6456

Mama Fu's is a fast foodish place with Thai, Chinese and Japanese food. It's a franchise started by the same guy who did the Moe's chain.

Everything I've had there has been good, though I usually prefer real Chinese food, Japanese hibachi or real Thai places.

Ron will go to Mama Fu's because he can get decent thai, and I go because he won't go with me to Peking Tokyo and the boys won't sit still at Chin Chin.

Oh, CRAP. I've gone and made myself hungry. [Frown]

Posts: 1664 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivetta
Member # 6456

Okay. [Frown] Looks like fencing is OUT, since Jamie and Nathan can't swing thw weekend after all.

Dang, I wish I had the money to just hand out tickest to Atlanta.

I bet everybody in the state will be playing Hurley's numbers this week, or I'd give it a try. [Smile]

Karaoke is out, since nobody will rent me the music and DJs are just out of my price range. Bleh.

Trivia will be fun, though

mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
[Frown] [Frown] [Frown]
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
[Frown] So sad when people can't make it.

Does anyone like improv?

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TMedina
Member # 6649

- posted      Profile for TMedina   Email TMedina         Edit/Delete Post 
No, that's why we're planning now. [Taunt]

-Trevor

Posts: 5413 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

[Razz] You're mean. [Cry] [Wink]
Ben
Member # 6117

Love Improv! I tried getting people to goto Dad's Garage last year but nobody came with me. It's an Improv Theater.
Posts: 1572 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TMedina
Member # 6649

Considering I might be the one picking you up from the airport, I think I'm quite nice. [Taunt]

-Trevor

Posts: 5413 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Are you? I'm the one coming in Thursday.
TMedina
Member # 6649

Well, I'm in the rotating pool. We're supposed to be meeting Saturday to divy up assignments and coordinate times and whatnot.

-Trevor

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Um, about church. Is anyone else going who's LDS? I looked up the nearest chapel, and it seems to have wards that meet at 9 and 1. I am leaving at 4:10, which means we would have to leave for the airport pretty much right after Sacrament if we went to the 1 pm service. I'd prefer the 9 am, because then I would have time in between church and departure, but I will cede my preferences if there is someone else LDS who will be going with and wants to go at 1.
Lady Jane
Member # 7249

- posted      Profile for Lady Jane   Email Lady Jane         Edit/Delete Post 
Y'all are going to have to have fun without me. [Frown] I was supposed to go from Vegas to Atlanta to Dallas, but the travel office flubbered and someone gave an override and I come home from Vegas to Dallas on Thursday night. I don't have money to buy a ticket for next weekend, so I can't come. I'm sorry. [Frown] Someone flirt with Frisco for me. And I have a dress!! A lovely red, crushed velvet dress that Ketch made me. I'll have to save it for another time.

[ March 03, 2005, 02:55 PM: Message edited by: Lady Jane ]

Posts: 1163 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Lucky 4, will you e-mail me? I wanted to ask yous something, but I can't get your e-mail 'cause it's not in your profile, you know. Mine is. [Smile]
TMedina
Member # 6649

I'm sure we can make arrangements Ketchup - if needs must, I'll buy a magazine and loiter in the parking lot till you're done.

I can't vouch for what your fellow church goers might think, but oh well. [Taunt]

Sorry to hear it LadyJ - someone will post WenchCon photos so you can bask in what you missed. [Big Grin]

-Trevor

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Oh, I wouldn't care what anyone else thought. I do wonder, though, if you're really willing to loiter for 3 hours... (Of course, we don't always get through all 3 hours, because of Emma, but she's getting better.)
TMedina
Member # 6649

We can work something out - worst case scenario, I come back and pick you up or leave you with my cell so you can call someone back at the hotel.

Or I can just buy a book I haven't read yet and kill three hours. Trust me - I've done it before. [Big Grin]

-Trevor

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Wow, you are sweet. [Kiss]
Ben
Member # 6117

Dude Kat, you aren't going to make it? That sucks... Anything we can do for you in your absence? Get you a T-Shirt? I have a new digital camera, so pictures galore would be available...
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

I'll bring you back a hotel shampoo, if you want. [Wink]
Ben
Member # 6117

I could send Lindsay back to you via KetchupQueen if you want.
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

[ROFL]
Frisco
Member # 3765

- posted      Profile for Frisco           Edit/Delete Post 
Will there be anyone in Atlanta free to entertain me if I come in Friday afternoon?
Posts: 5264 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ben
Member # 6117

Lindsay and i will be arriving in the early afternoon to set some stuff up.
TMedina
Member # 6649

I don't know about entertain, but it looks like I'll be committed to the festivities until late Sunday.

And since Ketchup's coming in on Thursday, we may have a handful of people in need of attention so you probably won't be alone Frisco.

-Trevor

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Emma will entertain you, Frisco. [Laugh]
Frisco
Member # 3765

The bus'll take me either to the station by the airport at 11:25 or to Marietta at 12:55. Which would be best for whoever will be doing the running around?
Posts: 5264 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Frisco
Member # 3765

Kids are often better entertainment than adults, kq. [Razz]
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Oh, wait 'till you meet her. She's a little flirt. Babies are supposed, according to studies, to like to look at and interact with children and people of their own gender better than others. However, while she is getting more interested in babies, I suppose, she has been going for adult men over anyone else in the room since she was born. Especially handsome ones.

Her father is worried.

TMedina
Member # 6649

Olive hasn't handed out the assignments yet - we're doing that on Saturday.

Give her as much information as you can, including any space requirements for luggage and the like.

-Trevor

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

If I get fabric markers (that don't wash or dryclean out), will anyone use them to sign t-shirts, or do you prefer I just bring my extensive collection of Sharpies (which will wash out after a while, but come in ever so many colors)?
JaneX
Member # 2026

- posted      Profile for JaneX           Edit/Delete Post 
I'd like to use fabric markers this time so I can actually wear my WenchCon shirt... [Razz]

~Jane~

Posts: 2057 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Okay. I think a 6-pack is, like, $15, but I think my mother-in-law has a 30% off coupon for a store that should sell them. I'll try to pick some up before I go.
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

You know, since I don't actually get to buy a t-shirt. [Frown] But I will be bringing a plain one, as well as a onesie for Ems. [Smile]
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Or, after checking, Crayola makes a 10-pack that sells for about $4. But I don't know how much I trust Crayola; their reputation for stuff like this isn't as great as it could be.
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Well, I got the Crayola ones, because they were indeed $4 for a 10-pack at Target. The instructions say to put cardboard or something between layers, make sure to saturate the fabric, and that you need to set the color with heat, either by ironing or by throwing in the dryer for 30 minutes, but after you do that, it's permanent and won't run. Do you think we can deal with that, or do I need to get the good ones (that come in a 6-pack for about $15 but don't need to be set or anything and are instantly permanent)?
Jenny Gardener
Member # 903

- posted      Profile for Jenny Gardener   Email Jenny Gardener         Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, your Events Coordinator hasn't actually fallen off the face of Middle Earth.

I think it's already been decided to run a movie marathon (with games in the background) on Friday night.

ROTK will be shown Saturday morning. Afterwards, we'll break for lunch. Following that will be "naptime", and then on to the Activities!

Proposed Playtime Activities:

Dress-Up. This has been the most popular activity at all previous Wench Cons. We will take some time to put on our finery and take pictures. We will wear our costumes for the rest of the day. For those of you without capes, extras will be provided.

Dwarven Metalworkers Fashion Show. Teams of dwarves will compete to design the most fetching protective gear. All materials will be provided by your Wench Hostesses. The design period will be followed by a fashion show.

Uruk-Haiku poetry reading. All orcs welcome. You may read your own, or someone else's by permission. Please see the Uruk-Haiku thread.

Bard Contest. You might want to begin working on this one now. Create original music to any of Tolkien's poetry from the canon, or come up with your own original Middle Earth ballad. Instruments are encouraged.

Action Figure Action. Categories for this year's scenarios include "Best Scene from a LOTR movie/book", "Best Reality Show", and "Best Musical".

Dinner. When we go to dinner, everyone will be in costume.

Nightclubbing. Olivetta and Jenny Gardener have been trying for 3 years to go out in Sexy Boots. Anyone else want to party with us?

Any other ideas, suggestions, etc. are appreciated. I'm ready to have a wonderful time! [Party]

Posts: 3141 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TMedina
Member # 6649

Which knight are we clubbing?

-Trevor

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

quote:
Bard Contest. You might want to begin working on this one now. Create original music to any of Tolkien's poetry from the canon, or come up with your own original Middle Earth ballad. Instruments are encouraged.
I love this! I'm already working on putting two poems to music, and I'd love to sing them (if I get them done). I won't have an instrument, though, and even if I did, I don't think I'm to the level where I can play as I sing yet.
Olivetta
Member # 6456

Jenny has a lovely version of The Road Goes Ever On and On that she sang for us at the first WenchCon. Gave me chills. [Smile] She's read her little one the stories and sings the songs when she comes to them.

So, kq, without music is fine, probably the rule, not the exception.

UPDATE ON KARAOKE: I WILL have a karaoke machine, though it may be of the intensely cheap variety. [Wink] Bring any and all karaoke music you can lay hands upon, and we shall do our best.

I'm sure Jenny and I will only club a knight that really asks for it. [Razz]

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

The one I think I'll finish is Legolas' Song of the Sea. I think it's turning out well; I just need to pull out my music notation software and write it down so I can practice and will have something to glance at if I get nervous. [Smile]
kwsni
Member # 1831

- posted      Profile for kwsni   Email kwsni         Edit/Delete Post 
I just wanted to let you guys know that i'm really Jealous.

And that i still have two Lotr boardgames in my possession that technically belong to the wenches.

Ni!

Posts: 1925 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ela
Member # 1365

Hmmm....I don't have a costume...and no idea what to do for one.
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
That dress! That dress you wore last time!
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.