FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » DallasCon: Make your reservations, please! (Page 5)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: DallasCon: Make your reservations, please!
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
!!!

. . . um . . . let me get back to you on that. [Angst]

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Don't worry, I won't sneak into your room and watch you wash your hair while you're here. Really I won't. *looks absolutely innocent*
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

O_O
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Have you noticed how innocent I always seem to look around you? And yet you're always making faces at me. *sigh*
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

INNOCENT?

HAH!

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Oh, yes, you have daughters. You probably see right through that face.

*thinks*

*Googles to find a better innocent face*

[Big Grin]

rivka
Member # 4859

Daughters schmauters. My son does a better innocent face than either, and none comes close to the one I have perfected.

*polishes halo*

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Really? See, my brother, and most of the boys I knew, never really cared to perfect the innocent face. They would rather just quietly (or loudly) cause mayhem, then become silent and sullen when questioned about it.
rivka
Member # 4859

He has that mode as well. He's just multi-talented. [Wink]
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

lol! Well, he is related to you. [Wink]
rivka
Member # 4859

I'm not sure if that was meant to be a compliment, but I will take it as such. [Big Grin]
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
A little glitch on our end.

Our church choir has a big number scheduled for Memorial Day weekend -- and I didn't know about it until yesterday. I told the director we would probably not be here for it, and he was very alarmed -- see, our small church choir only has about 15 to 20 members total -- and my family (myself and my kids) are FOUR of those members. So he would be losing a substantial part of the choir if we are absent.

So I don't know - I will talk with him and see if we can perform on a different date, or if they feel they can do okay without us.

Plus there is a Sunday School "cookout" that weekend, and last year they used my farm as location, and want to again this year (although they didn't ask me until now, so I can truthfully say I had other plans).

The thing is, my kids would rather stay here and do the cookout than go to Dallas. So I'm getting a lot of pressure to abandon DallasCon.

Farmgirl

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jim-Me
Member # 6426

- posted      Profile for Jim-Me   Email Jim-Me         Edit/Delete Post 
Farmgirl,

I *do* hope youy can make it... I'd hate to fly all the way back into Dallas and miss you.

[ April 18, 2005, 10:37 AM: Message edited by: Jim-Me ]

Posts: 3846 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

[Confused]

I know I was offline for three days, and I'm kinda tired at the moment, having just given up on getting to sleep tonight . . . but wasn't there a more recent DallasCon thread? It seems not to exist any longer.

[Dont Know]

Farmgirl
Member # 5567

Yes there was! Let me see if I can find it. It was the one where Coccinelle offered to help...
Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

Well, apparently the other thread...

quote:
April 22, 2005
Some DallasCon Issues. Please only reply if you are planning on coming/are involved!

no longer exists. It was deleted.
rivka
Member # 4859

Yep, that's what I discovered.

What I don't know is why, and/or if more discussion occurred in it after I last saw it and before it was deleted. [Dont Know]

katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
Hmm...KQ was going to make another thread, but I don't know exactly what's going on. She is still handling everything for DallasCon. I suggest contacting her directly. [Smile]

[ April 26, 2005, 12:14 PM: Message edited by: katharina ]

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

She is currently waiting for updated quotes from a couple of hotels. She is rather irritated, as she left the messages on Friday.
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
They won't call you. You'll probably have to call them back. *wrinkles nose* Sorry.
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

*trying not to noodge*

*noticing ticket prices rising*

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

I have called three times.

I finally got one call back.

rivka
Member # 4859

Not blaming! Just tzittering.

*goes to find something useful to do*

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

*tzitters herself*
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

*slams down phone* Since when do reservation agents get half days? [Grumble]
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Have now eliminated several people who aren't there to talk to me; getting closer.
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

The hotel is awaiting your reservations! This is going to be great, guys. Not too many of us are coming, so those who are, shall we decide what we're doing? What's important to do or see in Dallas? I figure we're going out to dinner Sat. night (should I reserve the private dining room?) Night life, Texas music, improv games, historical sights, what are you up for?
Boon
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
I'm goin' with the flow on this one. I'm just happy to get to hang out with you guys.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

That's cool, too, but if we want to do anything we need reservations for, we should decide that at least a couple of weeks in advance. [Smile]
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Or, like, if we wanted to do a book or accessory exchange, we should decide that in time for everyone to decide what they want to bring.
rivka
Member # 4859

I have a couple books that I have no interest in reading again, but someone else might.

Turtle Moon for one, and I think one or two others.

Remind me who all is joining us or likely to?

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Lessee...

You
Me + family
FG + kids
Boon
Coccinelle
kat, for at least some of the stuff, but she doesn't know how much, because of a work thing
Fishtail + hubby
Risuena (maybe, maybe not, going to try)
rav (possible, not sure)
Jim-me + kaboodle of kids
Tink said yes-- maybe but haven't seen her around in a bit

I think that's everyone who's expressed interest and then not said they can't make it.

rivka
Member # 4859

Ok, so that doesn't sound like there are any likely roomies anyway. So, unless someone (female) yelps real quick that they are interested in sharing a room with Boon 'n me, I'll just book the room.

[ April 28, 2005, 03:10 AM: Message edited by: rivka ]

Farmgirl
Member # 5567

Blackcatwings (Ivygirl's best friend) may be coming with us as well. (She posted on here back in December some).

If she does, that will make me have to re-think my whole room setup. Because if it is just my family, we will all share one room. But if I have an additional 17 year old girl, then probably her sharing a room with us, including my 17 year old boy, would be something her parents would frown on, no matter whether I'm there or not.

But we'll figure it out.

Farmgirl

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

So, is everyone who's coming planning on going to dinner together Sat. night? I think that will be our one big "all together" activity, and it will be really fun. But I need to know how many are going to make it to figure things out with the restaurant. (Madras Pavilion, kosher Indian vegetarian food.)
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

And we're still having a birthday cake; everyone wanted chocolate, right?
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.