FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Out of context (Page 5)

This topic comprises 21 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  ...  19  20  21   
Author Topic: Out of context
Da_Goat
Member # 5529

- posted      Profile for Da_Goat           Edit/Delete Post 
You have to use too much of your imagination for that one to work.
Posts: 2292 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
Not if you know what you're doing.

[Razz]

Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
St. Yogi
Member # 5974

- posted      Profile for St. Yogi   Email St. Yogi         Edit/Delete Post 
You people do know that when you put something in this thread, you're not actually saying anything about the person who originally said it. You're just revealing your own filthy minds [Smile]
Posts: 739 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zgator
Member # 3833

- posted      Profile for zgator   Email zgator         Edit/Delete Post 
You're point being...
Posts: 4625 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Da_Goat
Member # 5529

That's assuming people don't know our minds our filthy in the first place.
Posts: 2292 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
St. Yogi
Member # 5974

You all have filthy minds! [No No]
Posts: 739 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sndrake
Member # 4941

- posted      Profile for sndrake   Email sndrake         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Now that I think of it I don't think slash ever ate me.
MEC in CT's faq thread

quote:
MEC, if it happened to you, oh boy howdy, you'd remember it.
CT's reply to MEC in CT's faq thread.

(some things even editing won't help)

Posts: 4344 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

quote:
You people do know that when you put something in this thread, you're not actually saying anything about the person who originally said it. You're just revealing your own filthy minds.
Well, duh.

That's why it's the out of context thread: i.e., it is taken out of the original context and made to look risque by someone who thinks in risque.

(I don't mean to spoil anything, but the poetry threads usually are about poetry, the movie review threads usually include the review of a movie, and in the book recommendation threads ... well, let's just say that there are a lot of books that get recommended. Watch out. [Wink] )

[Edit: sndrake has a filthy mind! sndrake has a filthy mind! Naughty sndrake. *admiringly [Big Grin] ]

[ March 04, 2004, 03:03 PM: Message edited by: ClaudiaTherese ]

Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
St. Yogi
Member # 5974

Okay then...

Keep up the good work! Some of these are really funny [Smile]

ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

*becomes a St.Yogihead

You're all right, my friend. [Smile]

BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
*wonders how many heads CT has these days.

Five heads on one neck must be getting a little heavy for that weak heart of yours...

AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

AnnaJo, I view heading someone as a unique transitory experience. Briefly, I allow my awe and total dig-ness for the person in front of me to completely overcome my sense of self. I become that person.

However, heading never lasts long enough. It's a rule of the universe. [Smile]

[ March 04, 2004, 03:09 PM: Message edited by: ClaudiaTherese ]

BannaOj
Member # 3206

quote:
I view heading someone as a unique transitory experience.
Well we are in the right thread for THAT quote!

AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

Okay. *sigh Time for the spankings.

(*bans self for 24 hours)

sndrake
Member # 4941

- posted      Profile for sndrake   Email sndrake         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
sndrake has a filthy mind! sndrake has a filthy mind! Naughty sndrake. *admiringly
Well, what did you think would happen when you went and announced you edited a post just to avoid being shafted to this thread? [Smile]
Posts: 4344 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
However, heading never lasts long enough. It's a rule of the universe.
*sadly takes off her "CT Loves Me" sandwhich board*
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

[Cry]

katharina, I am reformed. I really am. Once the ban is over, I will come back a more virtuous woman. I promise!

[No No] CT. Punishment first, then the remorse.

Da_Goat
Member # 5529

quote:
(paraphrase) I don't want a perfectly reasonable excuse; I want you to get busy!
Phillip J. Fry in Futurama a few days ago.
Snarky
Member # 4406

- posted      Profile for Snarky   Email Snarky         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
well start spanking then!
PSI Teleport to celia in Scrabble chat
Posts: 586 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
St. Yogi
Member # 5974

quote:
I view heading someone as a unique transitory experience. Briefly, I allow my awe and total dig-ness for the person in front of me to completely overcome my sense of self. I become that person.

Wow. *Is honored*
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh CT, I would be delighted still wear it! I was sad because I feared your quote implied that my sandwhich board was trumpeting an empty fantasy, and I wanted to be honest when I marched around my office, hoping to impress people with the quality of people I impressed.

[ March 04, 2004, 03:38 PM: Message edited by: katharina ]

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JonnyNotSoBravo
Member # 5715

- posted      Profile for JonnyNotSoBravo   Email JonnyNotSoBravo         Edit/Delete Post 
Now I'm hungry for sandwiches.
Posts: 1423 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

- posted      Profile for PSI Teleport   Email PSI Teleport         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
i don't swallow that
digging_holes in Chat
Posts: 6367 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T. Analog Kid
Member # 381

- posted      Profile for T. Analog Kid   Email T. Analog Kid         Edit/Delete Post 
*taking time off from thread to contemplate heading, spanking, and sandwich eating*
Posts: 2112 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Da_Goat
Member # 5529

quote:
i gnawed mine in two a long time ago
digging_holes in AIM chat
BannaOj
Member # 3206

quote:
Since I'm the only one I can have a Hatrack French get-together in my own bathroom. Isn't that cool
[Big Grin]

Anna in http://www.hatrack.com/ubb/forum/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=021983;p=2
peterh
Member # 5208

- posted      Profile for peterh   Email peterh         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
She's been sort of easing me into the thing gently
Bob in I Can See God’s Sense of Humor All Over This (Page 5)
Posts: 995 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JonnyNotSoBravo
Member # 5715

- posted      Profile for JonnyNotSoBravo   Email JonnyNotSoBravo         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I love good bumpage like this!
- Narnia, in the Tom - Get out of the thread. You have not been elected High Bumper thread.
Posts: 1423 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
*gasps* I never make the Out of context thread! I'm so proud!!
Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beren One Hand
Member # 3403

- posted      Profile for Beren One Hand           Edit/Delete Post 
*pat pats Narnia*
Posts: 4116 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

- posted      Profile for Papa Moose   Email Papa Moose         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Way to rub it in Mr. Funny!
--Narnia, I really hate making subject names
Posts: 6213 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Da_Goat
Member # 5529

quote:
Well, y'all only got like 1/10th of an inch...
Feyd in AIM Chat.
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Love makes you do the wacky.
CT, here

I don't know how out of context this is, but more people need to read this post. It is HIL-ARIOUS!

Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

Did I mention that I love this thread? [Wink]
Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

Why, Ryuko, you made me blush. [Blushing]

That line is a Buffy reference, which was aptly picked up and fielded left by the incomparable Dagonee.

Da_Goat
Member # 5529

quote:
***Svetlana stuffs it back in.
PSITeleport in Scrabble
Narnia
Member # 1071

quote:
What about ants and their pheremones?

Jenny Gardener in Hatrack Chat [Smile]
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

- posted      Profile for Papa Moose   Email Papa Moose         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Vaseline is your friend. Slather it on everywhere you think you might chafe. Yes, it's messy, but it saves on a lot of discomfort.
-xnera, Some thoughts make me hysterical...
Posts: 6213 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

- posted      Profile for PSI Teleport   Email PSI Teleport         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
::tickles imaginary thingy::
Nathan in chat
Posts: 6367 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JonnyNotSoBravo
Member # 5715

quote:
I'm wrangling with a Mr Furry, who is trying desperately to block the computer screen so he can get some quality lovin.'
- CT, in the Being Weird - a really LONG Landmark thread. I think she does these on purpose.
HRE
Member # 6263

- posted      Profile for HRE   Email HRE         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
And well theres the age factor, like the guy who hasnt made out, hes proly below 14
Hatrack Young Writer's.

Its not me saying that...its me arguing with him for making stupid assumptions.

Posts: 515 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

quote:
You're the one toying with people, I should be poking you
-Feyd in an IM

I wasn't going to put this here but...

Who wouldn't want to get poked by Feyd? [Razz]

ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

I have no idea what you are talking about, JohnnyNotSoBravo. [No No]
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
[Laugh] CT

Suuuure. [ROFL]

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

rivka, I can't help it if my words get twisted up into the happy dance. I'm an innocent.

People are just out to make me look bad. [Mad]

Stan the man
Member # 6249

- posted      Profile for Stan the man   Email Stan the man         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
i doubt the chafing will be the biggest of your concerns by the end.
Fallow to Lalo
Posts: 2208 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
CT, when I was still an innocent, wet-behind-the-ears newbie, I would've bought that.

But alas! Now I am a grizzled veteran, and I know that the lady doth protest WAAAY too much. [Big Grin]

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

[Big Grin] You rascally hellion, you.
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

quote:
PMS would be cool.
--Ryuko, Operationally -- this is just a great forum
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
LOL...I can't believe I missed that!! [ROFL]
Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 21 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  ...  19  20  21   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.