FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » WenchCon - Stuff to bring (Page 4)

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: WenchCon - Stuff to bring
Jenny Gardener
Member # 903

- posted      Profile for Jenny Gardener   Email Jenny Gardener         Edit/Delete Post 
Nah, Ela, it's just that we already talked about it. If she doesn't get a room, then you're on my list, ok? And like I previously mentioned, I'll probably sleep in various rooms.
Posts: 3141 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ela
Member # 1365

- posted      Profile for Ela           Edit/Delete Post 
JaneX, she's running out of time...

[ February 16, 2005, 08:13 PM: Message edited by: Ela ]

Posts: 5771 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ela
Member # 1365

quote:
Nah, Ela, it's just that we already talked about it. If she doesn't get a room, then you're on my list, ok? And like I previously mentioned, I'll probably sleep in various rooms.
It's starting to look like you and Livvy could both stay in our room the whole weekend, Jenny. If you wanted to, that is. [Wink] As Jane said, we are not getting an answer out of her friend.

[ February 16, 2005, 08:16 PM: Message edited by: Ela ]

Posts: 5771 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JaneX
Member # 2026

- posted      Profile for JaneX           Edit/Delete Post 
The verdict from my friend is no, so we will need two roommates after all. Jenny and Livvy, how 'bout it? [Smile]

~Jane~

Posts: 2057 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
I am so so excited! Only 18 more days! [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivetta
Member # 6456

- posted      Profile for Olivetta   Email Olivetta         Edit/Delete Post 
Consider me a roomie!

I'm going to be able to stay at the hotel after all. [Smile]

Anybody can still get a room at the the reduced rate, as long as they havethe rooms free (which, frankly, they should), so it's still not too late for last minute people.

We have the room starting around six pm on Friday, when the meeting that has hired it out for the day ends. I hope some folks will be available to help set up for the movie night. [Smile]

Things are looking good! I'm getting all excited.

Posts: 1664 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
I'll be happy to do any "setting up" I can do one-handed. [Smile]
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JaneX
Member # 2026

Yay! [Smile]

~Jane~

Posts: 2057 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lucky4
Member # 1420

- posted      Profile for Lucky4   Email Lucky4         Edit/Delete Post 
So, what's the final head count on women needing rooms/roommates? I feel that I was the last to join the group, and if there are too many people for the number of spaces in rooms, I'm glad to call and register another room for the surplus people (even if it's just for me). I'm fine with staying with people to reduce costs, but I don't want to cross that fine line into crowding people. [Big Grin]
Posts: 186 | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

I think we're okay. I think you staying with Katie, Emma, and me will be fine. [Smile]
Lucky4
Member # 1420

Thanks for responding, KQ. [Smile] I didn't know if Olivia maybe needed that spot. I'm really looking forward to it! [Big Grin]
Posts: 186 | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Looks like if Olivia wants to share, she's got a place with Ela and Jane. [Smile]

Oh. I did say that we would have 2 adults staying in our room, but I think they'll be okay with 3, right?

[ February 21, 2005, 03:02 PM: Message edited by: ketchupqueen ]

Megan
Member # 5290

- posted      Profile for Megan           Edit/Delete Post 
To re-re-clarify, I'm sleeping on someone's floor for the all-nighter on Friday, right?
Posts: 4077 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lucky4
Member # 1420

Or is Ela and Jane's room full now with Jenny G and friend?

Surely an extra adult wouldn't be a problem.

And Megan, I'm sure you'll be fine on our floor or anyone else's. [Smile]

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

I'm sure there'll be a place for you. In fact, if you don't mind sharing a bed (or babies), we only have 3 adults in ours so far.
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

I think Jenny was going to share with Olivia, so that's the 4.
Lucky4
Member # 1420

[Blushing]

Right. Of course. Nevermind me and my inability to catch on to blindingly obvious nicknames.

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

[Big Grin] Well, we'll know how to keep a secret from you if we don't want you to know what we're talking about... [Wink]
Ben
Member # 6117

- posted      Profile for Ben   Email Ben         Edit/Delete Post 
we cannot get into the meeting room until 6pm? Lindsay and i may not need to rush home from North Carolina as fast as originally thought.

that is all...

Posts: 1572 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivetta
Member # 6456

Yeah. The lady was willing to hold the meeting room for me if I wanted to pay for Friday, too, but she had a group that was booking 15 sleeping rooms on Thursday and wanted the meeting room on Friday.

I figured it'd be okay. So yeah, don't rush. [Smile]

Talked to my sister tonight, while she was helping her friend Zach pick out costumes to bring (to share and to sell, I think, if anyone's interested) and various other stuff for his dealer table. He asked her if anything less than opaque would be okay to bring. [Eek!] I said as long as it wouldn't break any indecency laws, he could bring it. So, if anybody wants to skip 'wenchy' and go straight for 'scifi/fantasy stripper' you'll have options. [ROFL]

Yeah, Lucky-- my real name is Olivia, and my nicks here are Olivet and Olivetta (the Hobbit Wench). But my dear Wenches have also been known to call me "Livvy". [Blushing] Sorry for the confusion!

Posts: 1664 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

[Eek!] [Angst] I think I'll be going with my own costume-- wenchy, but modestly cut.
Olivetta
Member # 6456

Yeah, I don't anticipate anyone wearing anything too out there. I think the guy just wants to bring some of the costumes he's most proud of, and the sheer fabric is a bear to work with. But I haven't really seem many of his designs.

He did make a reasonable facsimilie of the Princess Leia slaver girl outfit for my sister (though it was fabric with metal overlay, not anything entirely rigid). My sister is either brave or ... partly insane. [Wink]

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Wow, did it have a chain and everything? My husband may want to talk to him. (Not that I'll let him.)
Olivetta
Member # 6456

I honestly don't recall. The material was much heavier than the gauzy stuff on the bottom half, she may have worn a collar, but not a chain. My sister is way too dominant to ever wear a leash, even if it goes with the costume. [Smile]
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

- posted      Profile for SteveRogers           Edit/Delete Post 
I wish I could go! [Cry] But I can't. Two reasons:

- I'm too young.

- I don't know where it is, when it is, how to get there, and anyone who would be able to stand living in a hotel room with me if I went, other than my family but I'm pretty sure they wouldn't want to go.

So I'll just have to wait awhile. [Frown]

Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

I am so pumped!!! We fit Katie's dress tonight, and it is going to be great. Ketchup Princess helped. That's the dress in the corner; you'll see it finished when she wears it. [Big Grin] (Thank you for noticing the baby had the scissors, Katie!)
Lucky4
Member # 1420

KQ, so cute! [Kiss] I can't wait to see her in person!
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

I hope she doesn't scream at bedtime like she has lately next month... [Angst]
Lucky4
Member # 1420

[Smile] If she does, we'll have an excuse to stay up and have more fun!!
Little_Doctor
Member # 6635

- posted      Profile for Little_Doctor   Email Little_Doctor         Edit/Delete Post 
oh man. I missed a lot. Where is this being held?
Posts: 1401 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Atlanta, the Wingate, March 11-13.
Little_Doctor
Member # 6635

- posted      Profile for Little_Doctor   Email Little_Doctor         Edit/Delete Post 
Darn..too far away for me to walk. lol
Posts: 1401 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivetta
Member # 6456

Technically it's Kennesaw, GA. At the Wingate Inn. [Wink]

Could attendees please email me with their real names, screen names and email addresses? Also, flight info if you haven't already (Pssst, Katie).

I'd like to set up a mailing list so I can send a scedule of events (as soon as Jenny G and I work it out), plus, I need to arrange transportation for everyone to/from the airport.

Also... I can get a karaoke macine, but I don't have any discs. [Frown] Do you guys want to try to bring some or would it be just as fun to set up a You Don't Know Jack Tournament?

A Newly Wench Game? (like the Newly wed game, but played with an online partner)?

If that sounds good, would anyone be willing to write the questions? [Big Grin] Preferrably someone LDS, so we don't stray from the straight and narrow. [Wink]

Also, I will use the email list to send suggestions/reminders of what to bring (swimsuit, permanent markers for T-shirt signing (WenchCon t-shirt not required) karaoke cds- we have one, but it's opera).

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Oooh, can you post the link to get WenchCon t-shirts again? In case any of us (read: me) want one.
Ela
Member # 1365

JaneX's and my Wenchcon shirts arrived in the mail today. [Smile]

It is one of the designs from last year (the only one without a year on it):

http://www.cafepress.com/wcladyday

There were some other designs last year, you can view them by following the links from here:

http://wenchcon.nacrimosse.com/tshirt.php

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Hmmm. I'm considering a t-shirt for me and a teddy bear for Emma, but I'll have to clear it with my huband. [Big Grin]
Olivetta
Member # 6456

Ela beat me to it. I have set the prices very close to the base price, to make it more affordable (like $0.50 to $1.00), but any money earned (if the shop ever earns enough to actually issue me a check) will go toward the next one's expenses or as a slush fund to help attendees out if unexpected things happen (like macccabeus' car not starting last year, or someone needing cab fare to the airport).

This year I'm getting a shirt. Last year I got one, but had everyone sign it for CT who had her leave time cancelled at the last possible moment.

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

I think he's going to let me, I just have to make sure it's not going to make the rent check bounce or anything.

I think the teddy bear is cute for a baby, right? Of course, I will also have to find a miniature mug or cup or a shot glass while I'm out there; we have a collection, one for each trip we've taken her on.

Olivetta
Member # 6456

Any feedback on Karaoke or You Don't know Jack?
JaneX
Member # 2026

I don't think I've ever played You Don't Know Jack. But I have some great recordings on my computer of my friends and me singing karaoke... [Razz]

Ooh! Ooh! Can we play Apples to Apples again? [Smile]

~Jane~

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

I think improv games are always fun. But that's just me, I think.
Megan
Member # 5290

- posted      Profile for Megan           Edit/Delete Post 
I loooove You Don't Know Jack. [Smile]
Posts: 4077 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ben
Member # 6117

screw your neighbor!
Posts: 1572 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivetta
Member # 6456

Eh, why can't we do it all? Except, um, that screw your neighbor game, which may be fun, but I've never heard of it.

I'm going to see if I can't get a karaoke machine with some songs with it. Surely the party rental places should have a package deal...

Apples to Apples sounds fun, but I don't have it. Whose cards were they last year? Can somebody bring Apples to Apples again?

My BIL may come for a You don't know Jack tournament, so I'd like to keep that one if I can. It's a really amusing trivia game. I love trivia, because I'm good at it, and You Don't Know Jack is the only trivia game that is a challenge. I think it's because of the whole "buzzing in" thing. I'm not terribly fast.

Ben
Member # 6117

screwing your neighbor is a feature in You Don't Know Jack...at least it was in all the versions i played.
Olivetta
Member # 6456

DUH Right

Been a while since I've played. [Blushing] I always get screwed. I'm a threat, especially on the Movie version.

mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
*resists*

*resists*

Oh, whatever.

I know I'd screw you.

Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Frisco
Member # 3765

- posted      Profile for Frisco           Edit/Delete Post 
So what time should I plan on coming in on Friday?

Am I still rooming with your friend, Livvy?

Posts: 5264 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivetta
Member # 6456

He's not really my friend, and yes [Wink] Seriously, I've met him and he's very funny, though I don't know what sort of roomie he'll be.

He made the reservations, and will be doing a dealer table in the meeting room.

I really, really need people's arrival times before Saturday.

mackillian, *noogies* if you are coming, are you renting a car? Would you be willing to drag some folks up from the airport or busstop if it was around the time you get in?

Olivetta
Member # 6456

I should probably also make a reservation for dinner Saturday night, if we want to do the group thing. Any suggestions?

Pizza? Asian? Mexican? One of those all-american barfood places?

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.