FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » What Greatest SF Novel? (Page 4)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: What Greatest SF Novel?
Bokonon
Member # 480

- posted      Profile for Bokonon           Edit/Delete Post 
I second Slaughterhouse 5!

[Smile]

-Bok

Posts: 7021 | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beren One Hand
Member # 3403

- posted      Profile for Beren One Hand           Edit/Delete Post 
[Big Grin]
Posts: 4116 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
It's funny though--it was a tough book to find. Somehow it was in the erotica section of a sleazy used bookstore.

Or...so I'm told. By...by the guy who sold it to me at the...uh...church booksale. Yeah, that's the ticket, the church booksale. All the proceeds went to, um, orphans. Or something. Yeah. Well,

::clears throat, cocks head, pretends to hear someone calling::

What? Oh! Okay, I'm coming!

Listen, gotta run. Anyway, you should see the cover on this thing. It's something else.

Bye!

Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fallow
Member # 6268

- posted      Profile for fallow   Email fallow         Edit/Delete Post 
Ali was the Greatest. We all know that. And, I can't pop a single memory of an SF novel about the guy (even loosely analogistic) out of my memory stacks...

If there were, that would get my vote.

fallow

Posts: 3061 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the_Somalian
Member # 6688

- posted      Profile for the_Somalian   Email the_Somalian         Edit/Delete Post 
Dune.
Posts: 722 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Erik Slaine
Member # 5583

- posted      Profile for Erik Slaine           Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, one day and a weird virus later, the nominations are officially closed.

I will compile results and post them Here:

Sakeriver Nomination Results

Posts: 1843 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
[Frown] Nobody seconded Mouth Hungry. Do none of you recognize good SF when you see it?

[Edited to say "Oh, the humanity"]

[ August 13, 2004, 11:40 AM: Message edited by: Noemon ]

Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Erik Slaine
Member # 5583

- posted      Profile for Erik Slaine           Edit/Delete Post 
Updated list now available on sakeriver. [Big Grin]

Thanks Hatrack!

Posts: 1843 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TimeTim
Member # 2768

- posted      Profile for TimeTim   Email TimeTim         Edit/Delete Post 
If the nominations were still open I would nominate the entire War Against the Chtorr series by David Gerrold. Specifically, A Matter for Men and A Season for Slaughter.

And I really liked Battlefield Earth. Definitely not greatest of all time, but certainly up in the top 100.

Posts: 218 | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.