FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Obama stretching beside the presidential race starting blocks (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Obama stretching beside the presidential race starting blocks
Amanecer
Member # 4068

- posted      Profile for Amanecer   Email Amanecer         Edit/Delete Post 
Obama is officially running.

I also finishsed his book a few weeks ago. I think he has some ideas that I like, some ideas that I think would be disastrous, and is generally far more liberal than I am. But at this time, I think he'd get my vote. I want out of Iraq and I want public healthcare- which happen to be two of his biggest issues.

Posts: 1947 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aspectre
Member # 2222

- posted      Profile for aspectre           Edit/Delete Post 
Catch the interview with Barak and Michelle Obama on 60 MINUTES, Sunday Feb. 11 (7:00-8:00 PM, ET/PT) on CBS. Excerpts:
quote:
...asked..if growing up in a white household had caused him to make a decision to be black, Obama replies, "I'm not sure I decided it. I think... if you look African American in this society, you're treated as an African-American. It's interesting though, that now I feel very comfortable and confident in terms of who I am and where I stake my ground. But I notice that... I've become a focal point for a racial debate," says Obama.

...when asked...whether she fears for her husband's life as a black candidate. "I don't lose sleep over it because the realities are that... as a black man... Barack can get shot going to the gas station," says Michelle Obama. "You can't make decisions based on fear and the possibility of what might happen."

Will being African-American hold him back as a candidate? "No.... If I don't win this race it will be because of other factors --[that] I have not shown to the American people a vision for where the country needs to go that they can embrace,"

Posts: 8501 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
I need to figure out a plan to get as many canadians to pretend to be Americans long enough to vote for Obama.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.