FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » High school senior wears racist T-shirt to school (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: High school senior wears racist T-shirt to school
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
"My step-father was one of the most bigoted people I ever knew, and it was one reason my mother left him, honestly, it got to be too much to take. He used to tell me (as if passing on bits of wisdom) that there were three kinds of black people: First there were cops, like him. And they were okay, because they were cops. Then there were people who were "just black people" because they made attempts to lift themselves up and be better people through education or hard work and thirdly there were (insert epithet), and that was the vast majority of them and they just weren't worth anything.

Then, he would tell you he wasn't a racist because he went to a black doctor. But of course, that black doctor was in category number 2, so he was okay."

Y'know, the Black Comedian/Actor Chris Rock went through the EXACT same bit but as HIS view. And except of being three kinds, just 2. Black people, and [insert You-KNow-What here].

*shrug*

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Treason
Member # 7587

- posted      Profile for Treason   Email Treason         Edit/Delete Post 
aspectre posted "Traitor [Mad] "

[Big Grin]

Posts: 870 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.