FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Science Fiction/Fantasy critting group - now LIVE! With an introductory special!! (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Science Fiction/Fantasy critting group - now LIVE! With an introductory special!!
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
Enigmatic -

If you break the story down into two parts so it's posted on two threads to break up the critting, you would post a 1/2 and 2/2 as a matter of course anyway.

But if you wanted the manuscript to remain intact, you would post it in one thread. You could post a comment at the top saying something like "This is a long short story, but I don't want to break it up. I will, however offer double crit credits." Or something like that.

Then, when posting it to the database (because that has to be done in order for the critters to get their credits), even though it's posted in one thread, you can post it as "SS Enigmatic 1/2" and "SS Enigmatic 2/2" (only you would use the title rather than your screenname) to give critters the opportunity to claim double the credits.

Does that make sense?

Olivet -

quote:
I sort of got ... propositioned by somebody who wanted a spanky
Ewwwwww!!!! I think I'd be a little freaked out, too. Ewwwwwww!!!!!!
Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivet
Member # 1104

- posted      Profile for Olivet   Email Olivet         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, that was back when the OWW was free, so it wasn't that hard to flush my persona. Then I came back with a gender-neutral name. I was mostly working on something else back then (a fantasy novel I'm too ashamed to even dig off my hard drive) but I had posted this one chapter because I couldn't get it out of my head, and to see what folks thought of it. I didn't post any more of it for a long while, and by then it was a paid workshop and had almost no people just browsing.

But, yeah. I freaked.

Posts: 9293 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.