FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Harry Potter & Half Blood Prince *SPOILERS* (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Harry Potter & Half Blood Prince *SPOILERS*
Fyfe
Member # 937

- posted      Profile for Fyfe   Email Fyfe         Edit/Delete Post 
How much do you really have to mean it? Does that mean you have to hate the person you're killing? Because it seems to me that Voldemort kills people just for fun, or just because they're sort of not convenient for him. He didn't seem to be in much of a strop with Frank Bryce or Cedric, and Mr. Weasley says in the fourth book that the Death Eaters did Muggle killings for fun. So what does it mean to "mean it"?

Jen

Posts: 910 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ron Lambert
Member # 2872

- posted      Profile for Ron Lambert   Email Ron Lambert         Edit/Delete Post 
Interesting point, Fyfe. And why wouldn't Harry's heart really be in hurling a Crucius curse at the man who killed his parents?

What was that about "a gleam of triumpth in his eyes"? I missed that. Did Dumbledore have a gleam of triumph in his eyes when he died? I read a library book, so I don't have it on hand.

Yes, it does look like Draco will have to hide out from Moldywart. That's an intriguing idea about Peter Pettigrew yet helping Harry somehow. Maybe he'll turn out to be the Gollum of the story.

I am somewhat disappointed at the so far apparent pairing up of Harry with Ginny and Ron with Hermione. I thought Harry and Hermione are best friends, and really belong together. Ron would just be a charity case for Hermione.

Posts: 3742 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.