FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » DallasCon Hotel Info! We have a go! (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: DallasCon Hotel Info! We have a go!
Boon
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
I should be in town about noonish Friday. It's a 6-8 hour drive, and I'll be leaving about 5am. (That's the earliest I could possibly leave...) If that's not convenient for everyone, I could wait and leave here later. Or whatever...
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
I'll give you my husband's cell phone in case you need directions when you get into town, Boon. [Smile]
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boon
unregistered

And I'll give you my husband's cell number, which I will have with me that weekend. [Big Grin]
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
*resists pointing out that kq has just promised Boon a cell phone, and Boon has decided to bring along a phone number*

O:)

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
*resists thwapping rivka with a cell phone in a sock*

We understood each other just fine. *sniffs*

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

*resists saying ow!*
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boon
unregistered

Haha...this is gonna be so much fun!
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

I know, isn't it? I think I'm going to start a "schedule" thread soon, so everyone's schedule can be coordinated in one place.
rivka
Member # 4859

. . . and didn't have time today. Actually, the reason why I was even here for that brief bit noonish was because I had to make an unplanned trip home at lunchtime to take care of a couple things I forgot.

First day back at work -- good thing my head is firmly attached.

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

It took me a bit to figure out what the heck you were talking about, Rivka. [Big Grin] I guess my head isn't on too firmly, either.
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Reminding everyone that you need to make your reservations...
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
Okay - here's the deal.

I'm going to book ONE hotel room - with two beds (Queen) for two days, because that will probably be the max that I can afford.

However, as I said, I'm bringing myself, my daughter, my son and my daughter's friend.

So something has to give. It wouldn't be "appropriate" for my son and my daughter's friend to be in the same room -- despite the fact that they have no feelings for each other, etc. I just know that would not be kosher with her folks.

So solution #1) - have daughter's friend (17) stay in someone else's female-only room. Then my family all stays together in ours.

solution #2) - have my son (also 17) stay in someone else's male-only room. Then we three girls stay in mind.

Suggestions?

Farmgirl

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

I think it's most likely that there will be a place for your daughter's friend in someone else's room.

Rivka, did you reserve two beds? Because that would mean more sleeping room, and that might work...

I don't know that we're even going to have a male-only room. The only males I know of who will be staying at the hotel are your son and my husband.

[ May 04, 2005, 03:59 PM: Message edited by: ketchupqueen ]

Boon
unregistered

[Big Grin]

I officially do not have to borrow my mom's car for the trip, and I'll have 6! extra seats to haul people around, besides my driver's seat.

[Party]

rivka
Member # 4859

Today was a very long day. I did not even THINK about making a reservation.

When I do, I can certainly book a room with two beds. [Smile]

Boon
unregistered

:bumpityuppity!:
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

*bump*
Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Is everyone making reservations? I hope?
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

Okay - I just made ours (That's why I bumped the thread - was checking the phone number).

The guy seemed to have NO idea what "group" I was talking about, even when I spelled it, etc. (of course, he also made me spell my last name three time before he got it right). But I figure that point we can get straightened out when we arrive.

I asked for the "double queen" as you had in first post, but he said all doubles are standard full, not queen. So I said that was okay. I hope he does get the group right - otherwise we will be a long ways away from each other.

The conversation was one long effort in futile communication -- I couldn't understand his accent, and he couldn't understand me. I must have said, "I'm sorry, I don't understand what you said." about fifteen times.

But it's done. I have a confirmation number. So hopefully that means all is well.

Farmgirl

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Yeah. Jeff said heavy accent... But at least the price is good, right? [Frown]
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Well, the guy didn't seem to give us too much trouble about the group thing, when Jeff asked if they'd put us with the other members of the group. We'll see if they actually do it. [Dont Know]
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

*uppity*
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

*up* Anyone who wishes to come is still welcome; make your reservations!
rivka
Member # 4859

Reservation made.

FYI, for anyone booking a 2-bed room, make sure they have you down for the correct rate. Tried to charge me $10 more a night, but when I said I had been told $69/night, apologized and agreed.

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.