FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Shows canceled before their time (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Shows canceled before their time
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Lois & Clark.

Canceled after they had filmed the last episodes of season four -- which finished on a cliff-hanger. [Wall Bash] Then again, if the writers had done some of the things they had planned, season 5 would have been dreadful.

What they should have done is let certain other people write Season Five. [Big Grin]

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MyrddinFyre
Member # 2576

- posted      Profile for MyrddinFyre           Edit/Delete Post 
Oh my gosh I forgot about that show! I used to watch it every day when I was little, it was so awesome!

And Jimmy was so cute [Smile]

Posts: 3636 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

Myr, if you liked the show, follow the link in my post above.

Or this one. [Big Grin]

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MyrddinFyre
Member # 2576

Haha, I love how they bring HG Wells into it! *giggle*
Posts: 3636 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
That's what that old Monster's Inc reminded me of! The grandmother in Dinosaurs. My brain was itching trying to figure that out.
I think she just hated most of what I liked, plus she thought it was silly. Talking dinosaurs.
I liked the one when the men got in touch with their feminine side and the women watched football.

Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Irami Osei-Frimpong
Member # 2229

- posted      Profile for Irami Osei-Frimpong   Email Irami Osei-Frimpong         Edit/Delete Post 
Voyagers

They should come out with a DVD for that show.

Posts: 5600 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

[edit: to Myr] *snort* Ok, if you ever visit the L&C fanfic boards, do yourself a favor and don't mention H.G. Wells to a poster by the name of Hazel.

I, OTOH, am a Wells fan. [Big Grin]

[ January 23, 2005, 01:42 AM: Message edited by: rivka ]

MyrddinFyre
Member # 2576

I'll be sure not to [Wink]

(I love Wells too ^^)

rivka
Member # 4859

[Big Grin] If you do join the boards, I won't be the only one both there and here anymore. [Cool]

And you'll have another board to mostly-lurk on. [Wink]

MyrddinFyre
Member # 2576

*laughs*
Dobbie
Member # 3881

- posted      Profile for Dobbie           Edit/Delete Post 
"Condo"? Wasn't that that sitcom with the guy from "The Electric Company" that was on for about three weeks back in the '80s.
Posts: 1794 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
urbanX
Member # 1450

- posted      Profile for urbanX   Email urbanX         Edit/Delete Post 
I vote for Space Above and Beyond.. Great special effects, great stories, great plot and a great cast. I'm noticing a trend here....fox has killed way to many great show's...Is it me or has baseball ruined the network (Fox has to postpone its fall scedule to after the baseball season). Also fox should stop putting shows on friday nights....thats instant death for shows. And at least Forefox fans have a movie coming out. Theres nothing for Space Above nad Beyond...not even a DVD release.
Posts: 421 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Epictetus
Member # 6235

- posted      Profile for Epictetus   Email Epictetus         Edit/Delete Post 
More and more I find myself missing The Tick. Sure the humor isn't what I would call mainstream, but it was way too funny to just cancel after one season.
Posts: 681 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
ha ha! I forgot about the grandma. She was sort of like The Fruitcake lady on Leno.
Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
Static Shock.
It was so good.

Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mrs.M
Member # 2943

- posted      Profile for Mrs.M   Email Mrs.M         Edit/Delete Post 
Let me second:

The Tick (cartoon)
Dead Like Me
My So-Called Life
Bernie Mac
Get a Life
Boomtown

Addition:
Andy Richter Controls the Universe

Posts: 3037 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
Wait, they've stopped making Static Shock episodes? Damn.

And Space: Above and Beyond was great. It would have been better had they not had the obvious contrived separation at the beginning, and it suffered by ending too abruptly, but it was a great show.

Dagonee

Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah! Bernie Mac isn't canceled yet!!!
Even though it's on Friday night -_-
Gah, I love that show. Best sitcom out there.

Cool someone else besides me has heard of the coolness that is Static Shock.

Also, Season 5 will be Queer as Folk's last season...
And, I think this will probably be the last season of the Sopranos... Both of them excellent shows with a bit too much cussing.

[ January 29, 2005, 10:35 PM: Message edited by: Synesthesia ]

Allegra
Member # 6773

- posted      Profile for Allegra   Email Allegra         Edit/Delete Post 
Queer as Folks last season. *faints* That really really bites. They can't take my Brian away from me. [Cry]
Posts: 1015 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

And from me too [Frown]
He is such a hottie fox. And JUSTIN AS WELL.

Allegra
Member # 6773

- posted      Profile for Allegra   Email Allegra         Edit/Delete Post 
Justin is a cutie. Brian and him are soo cute together.
Posts: 1015 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Da_Goat
Member # 5529

- posted      Profile for Da_Goat           Edit/Delete Post 
Dinosaurs! Yes! I so want that show on DVD!
Posts: 2292 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
What's sad is that Fox's baseball coverage sucks some serious eggs.
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dobbie
Member # 3881

- posted      Profile for Dobbie           Edit/Delete Post 
I would have sworn Sledge Hammer was on Friday nights.
Posts: 1794 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xnera
Member # 187

- posted      Profile for xnera   Email xnera         Edit/Delete Post 
Wonderfalls came out on DVD today. I stopped at Best Buy on my way home to buy them. [Big Grin]
Posts: 1805 | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.