FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Debating an evolutionist-or- The pointlessness of it all (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Debating an evolutionist-or- The pointlessness of it all
Paul Goldner
Member # 1910

- posted      Profile for Paul Goldner   Email Paul Goldner         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm wondering, at this point, if the thread title isn't ironic?
Posts: 4112 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Morbo
Member # 5309

- posted      Profile for Morbo   Email Morbo         Edit/Delete Post 
Given Peter's abandonment of his own thread, perhaps it should be titled "Debating an creationist--is it even possible? "

[ December 21, 2004, 05:07 PM: Message edited by: Morbo ]

Posts: 6316 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
King of Men
Member # 6684

- posted      Profile for King of Men   Email King of Men         Edit/Delete Post 
Most certainly not. "Debating a creationist" I might accept. [/Grammar Communist]
Posts: 10645 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Morbo
Member # 5309

"Debating a Grammar Communist--is it better just to nuke them?"
Posts: 6316 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
King of Men
Member # 6684

- posted      Profile for King of Men   Email King of Men         Edit/Delete Post 
Comrades! We must stand together for the Revolution! We will not give in to the threats of the imperialist anti-grammar exploiters. Rest assured : Even if ten million of us die, the Revolution will continue from within the Party's atom-proof bunkers! For each bomb the capitalists drop, we shall drop ten, twenty, a hundred bombs!

I call on you all to unite for the Grammarland, as your fathers did in the Great Spelling War. We must sacrifice! We must work! But in the end, we shall build a paradise of True Orthographic Correctness, even in your lifetimes!

Writers of the world, unite! You have nothing to lose but your apostrophes!

Posts: 10645 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Morbo
Member # 5309

Oh, dear. I meant to say "Debating a Grammar Communist?--better to ignore them until their economy fails."
King of Men
Member # 6684

The historical dialectic of Strunk and White demonstrates that it is the capitalist, anti-grammar societies whose economies will collapse. The inevitable march of history has condemned your false vision to the ash-heap. As the contradictions of your system multiply, the people will inevitably become tired of reading your badly spelled propaganda, and will turn to the true science of the future!
Morbo
Member # 5309

Strunk and White? Are you kidding? Try Marshall Mcluhan's ideas on media. Spelling is irrelvant in post-lexical propaganda. Join the 21st century, why dontcha.
Or that famous essay "the end of grammar" written after the fall of the Soviets' Evil Empire.

King of Men
Member # 6684

Bah. How many divisions has the Marshall?
aspectre
Member # 2222

- posted      Profile for aspectre           Edit/Delete Post 
Well, there's the division between hot and cool mediums*

* And yes, I do know media vs mediums.

Posts: 8501 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.