FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Hatrack Factions - Back in Actions! (Page 3)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Hatrack Factions - Back in Actions!
plaid
Member # 2393

- posted      Profile for plaid   Email plaid         Edit/Delete Post 
Missouri for now; Virginia in a few months.
Posts: 2911 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
eslaine
Member # 5433

- posted      Profile for eslaine           Edit/Delete Post 
California is an awfully big state.
Posts: 2506 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saxon75
Member # 4589

- posted      Profile for saxon75           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Urm, I don't think I can possibly be the leader. Lots of other Socallians have been on Hatrack longer than I, and LadyDove has hosted WAYYYYYY more Shindas (since I only hosted one), and I haven't even met everyone!
You do, however, have far and away the largest post count of any California jatraquero.
Posts: 4534 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
Alcon, I missed your post earlier... I meant Hobbes and celia, I am quite aware of the fact that you live there, actually! [Wink]
Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jenny Gardener
Member # 903

- posted      Profile for Jenny Gardener   Email Jenny Gardener         Edit/Delete Post 
I always thought I was in the IN group, but it looks like I'm not popular enough to make the list. [Cry]
Posts: 3141 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Frisco
Member # 3765

- posted      Profile for Frisco           Edit/Delete Post 
If there's not already an OUT group, we should totally make OUT together.
Posts: 5264 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
Jenny, you're the Head Wench. You're a Hatrack goddess - like Zal said, no mention is necessary. [Smile]

Added: Or, yeah, there's always the group making out underneath the bleachers during the assemblies.

[ August 30, 2004, 06:00 PM: Message edited by: katharina ]

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pepek
Member # 3773

- posted      Profile for Pepek   Email Pepek         Edit/Delete Post 
List is updated-- looks like Florida and California are the biggest clumps, with 20 members in each so far.

-Jack Montague

oh, and congratulations Texas

Posts: 690 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Derrell
Member # 6062

- posted      Profile for Derrell   Email Derrell         Edit/Delete Post 
Pepek, you forgot me. [Razz] I'm in the Arizona clump.
Posts: 4569 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pepek
Member # 3773

I didn't forget you... I just.. don't like you..

-Jack Montague

( *forgot* )

Posts: 690 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Rabbit
Member # 671

- posted      Profile for The Rabbit   Email The Rabbit         Edit/Delete Post 
I would prefer not to be associated with any faction. If I must, I'd prefer to be placed in the Montana clump even though I am not currently living there.
Posts: 12591 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pepek
Member # 3773

*sniffles as he removes the rabbit from the hat.. err.. from the Utah Clump*

-Jack

Alucard...
Member # 4924

- posted      Profile for Alucard...   Email Alucard...         Edit/Delete Post 
KarlEd, I got your back. As was unceromoniously stated in the initial post, I too am in the Pennsyltucky clump, as well as the:

"I wear my underwear backwards" clump.

Open enrollment until Sept. 30th...

Posts: 1870 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

- posted      Profile for Papa Moose   Email Papa Moose         Edit/Delete Post 
The California group has more than that, as the "Moose Clan" includes four registered (and "real") Hatrackers. Oh, and Saudade and zgator are each listed twice in Florida.

Not like it matter, though. Just sayin'.

--Pop

Posts: 6213 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
peterh
Member # 5208

- posted      Profile for peterh   Email peterh         Edit/Delete Post 
for the record: I'm in AZ, as are ludosti and slacker.

[ August 30, 2004, 08:43 PM: Message edited by: peterh ]

Posts: 995 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
?
Member # 2319

- posted      Profile for ?   Email ?         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm in the Utah/non-BYU clump. This may change next semester.

? [Confused]

Posts: 219 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
?
Member # 2319

- posted      Profile for ?   Email ?         Edit/Delete Post 
Then again I'm not a "real" Hatracker yet, so I guess I can't be on the list yet.

? [Dont Know]

Posts: 219 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

- posted      Profile for Ralphie   Email Ralphie         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
*blinks*

Wow.. where did all those PacNW's come from?

-jack montague

Dude, we've been here the whole time. We've had, like, multiple Jatraquero events and stuff.

Where've YOU been, is the question.

Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wussy Actor
Member # 5937

- posted      Profile for Wussy Actor   Email Wussy Actor         Edit/Delete Post 
How about a people who used to live in Oklahoma but were smart and/or lucky enough to get out clump. I know of several trackers who have been here previously but have the good fortune to be here no longer. I seem to be the only one left. But hopefully I'll be moving to Knoxville TN next year for grad school. Wait a minute... There's not a TN clump either is there?
Posts: 288 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

quote:
Everywhere : Raia
Haha, I missed this before... [ROFL]

Pepek, you're awesome.

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
saxy, all that means is that I talk too much. [Razz]

Pepek, eslaine has a point. Maybe we could divide CA into NoCal and SoCal clumps? Either way, eslaine should be in CA (or NoCal, depending).

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tt&t
Member # 5600

- posted      Profile for tt&t   Email tt&t         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
But hopefully I'll be moving to Knoxville TN next year for grad school. Wait a minute... There's not a TN clump either is there?
RRR lives in Knoxville.
Posts: 1431 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jess N
Member # 6744

- posted      Profile for Jess N           Edit/Delete Post 
Is there a clump in GA or am I all alone?
Posts: 392 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

You, you lucky duck, live near Olivetta, Ben, and Ophelia (Lindsay). [Smile] None of the three post very frequently at the moment, but all are usually up for a party when one is planned. There was a gathering in Georgia in January, and there MAY be another one this January, depending on weather, circumstances beyond control, and the sense of humor of fate.
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jess N
Member # 6744

- posted      Profile for Jess N           Edit/Delete Post 
Excellent! Do they live in the Atlanta area?

I've also gotten the clue from another thread that Trevor lives in the Atlanta area as well.

It's good to know there is a presence (besides myself) around here.

Posts: 392 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TimeTim
Member # 2768

- posted      Profile for TimeTim   Email TimeTim         Edit/Delete Post 
I and all the other fantasmagorical lurkers are part of the clump that rarely posts.

woo!

As an aside, I would be part of both the Pennsylvania, underwear clump and the Greensboro NC Clump, should there be one.

[Cool]

Posts: 218 | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Little_Doctor
Member # 6635

- posted      Profile for Little_Doctor   Email Little_Doctor         Edit/Delete Post 
I'll be in the "sits alone in his room" clump. I disintegrate in the light. That is, until I escape from these slave-drivers known as parents.

[ September 01, 2004, 12:40 AM: Message edited by: Little_Doctor ]

Posts: 1401 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Kidd
Member # 2646

- posted      Profile for Chris Kidd   Email Chris Kidd         Edit/Delete Post 
You can add me to the California clump. Im sure you remember me pepek. I think i freaked youout with my Mordrid character [Evil Laugh] At endercon. and i meet sandy [Blushing] there to.
Posts: 513 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sopwith
Member # 4640

- posted      Profile for Sopwith   Email Sopwith         Edit/Delete Post 
North Carolina here, OSC's hometown as a matter of fact. [Big Grin]
Posts: 2848 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bokonon
Member # 480

- posted      Profile for Bokonon           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
North Carolina here, OSC's hometown as a matter of fact.
Richland, Washington is part of NC now?!?

[Wink]

-Bok

Posts: 7021 | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

You know, for the longest time, I would confuse Ophelia and Olivetta. It took me ages to keep them straight.
Matthew
Member # 54

- posted      Profile for Matthew   Email Matthew         Edit/Delete Post 
Is there none among you from Virginia? (It's lonely here.)
Posts: 118 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
Whooo hooo! Long live Michigan! YES M!ch!gan!
Long live Detroit, the true Dark City.
[Smile]

Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

I used to live in Michigan... for three years...

But I don't anymore.

Risuena
Member # 2924

- posted      Profile for Risuena   Email Risuena         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Is there none among you from Virginia? (It's lonely here.)
There are several people from VA on the board, but I think most of them are up in the DC area. I think Mrs.M moved to Roanoke recently.

I was in Arlington until about a month ago. Now I reside in Austin, Texas. (Did you see that Katharina? Another Texas jatraquera, even if I mostly lurk and live three hours away - you're not alone.)

Posts: 959 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

Woah - you're in Austin?

How do you feel about hanging out some Saturday? Coccinelle and I would love an excuse for a road trip.

Sharpie
Member # 482

- posted      Profile for Sharpie   Email Sharpie         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm from Virginia, just outside DC.
Posts: 628 | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
skillery
Member # 6209

- posted      Profile for skillery   Email skillery         Edit/Delete Post 
I found a couple of good places to eat in Austin last week:

Mama Ninfa's (Hwy183 @ I-35)
I had the carnitas plater. The pork was tender on the inside, crispy on the outside. Deeelish!

Chipotle (On Parmer, about 2 miles west of I-35)
They build your huge burrito to order while you watch. Mine had barbacoa (spicy, shredded beef), black beans, and avocado among other fillings. A real gut buster.

Austin has a Fry's Electronics...heaven for geeks. I wish they'd build one in Salt Lake.

Posts: 2655 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

Chipotle is a lovely chain owned by McDonalds - they are all over Texas.

Did it have a theme? The Frys near my house has a rodeo theme.

saxon75
Member # 4589

I had no idea that Chipotle was owned by McDonald's. Actually, until Kamacon I had no idea that it existed outside of Southern California. I like Chipotle. Not terribly authentic, but tasty nonetheless. [Edit: And still a darn sight more authentic than Taco Bell or Del Taco.]

[ September 02, 2004, 03:35 PM: Message edited by: saxon75 ]

Posts: 4534 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

Each burrito has about 1,400 calories.

I'm just putting that out there.

dabbler
Member # 6443

- posted      Profile for dabbler   Email dabbler         Edit/Delete Post 
For you Virginians out there...

I'm originally from Virginia. Grew up in Newport News (between Hampton and Williamsburg, across from Va Beach). I know many people in the NoVa area. Haven't spent much time in NN since I went to college.

Posts: 1261 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saxon75
Member # 4589

I guess it's a good thing I don't count calories.
Carrie
Member # 394

- posted      Profile for Carrie   Email Carrie         Edit/Delete Post 
Both Chipotle and Qdoba's are the devil.
Posts: 3932 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saxon75
Member # 4589

So, Katie, how do people pronounce "Chipotle" around you? In SoCal most people pronounce it "chi-'pOt-lA," but I noticed that in Chicago "chi-'pät-lA" was more common. I have a couple of friends who always pronounce it "chi-'pOt-&l."
TheTick
Member # 2883

- posted      Profile for TheTick   Email TheTick         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm originally from Virginia Beach. Now living in the Jatraquero-free zone of Buffalo NY.
Posts: 5422 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

chi-POTE-lee
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
In Chicago, as far as I know, the pronunciation is more like "Chi-POH-tlee."
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Risuena
Member # 2924

- posted      Profile for Risuena   Email Risuena         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Each burrito has about 1,400 calories
Wow. I haven't been to a Chipotle since I got to Texas, I guess I'll have to put it off even longer now.

quote:
How do you feel about hanging out some Saturday? Coccinelle and I would love an excuse for a road trip.
Some Saturday as in this Saturday or a Saturday sometime in the future? At this point, either one works for me, although I will warn you that I know next to nothing about Austin so far - I haven't had much opportunity to get out and explore.

And I believe there's at least one other Hatracker in Austin - I think his name is Book.

Posts: 959 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

I'm debating going to Utah this weekend - have to decide by tonight. I don't think this weekend will work, but a weekend this fall would be great. Are you at UT?
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.