FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » New Season of Monk Starts TONIGHT! (Dec. 2, 2005) see page 3 of thread (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: New Season of Monk Starts TONIGHT! (Dec. 2, 2005) see page 3 of thread
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
It wasn't even the mystery part that bothered me. It just fell flat for me, and I am not really sure I can put my finger on why. It might be that I miss Sharona more than I thought.
Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
I really do miss Sharona. [Frown] She had an unconditional love thing going on for Monk that just made their partnership so cool. She rolled her eyes, but she was totally accepting and tried so hard to take care of him in weird situations. Hopefully this new chic will get into that, but it's going to take a while.
Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sndrake
Member # 4941

- posted      Profile for sndrake   Email sndrake         Edit/Delete Post 
::*bump* with change of thread title::

It's that time already!

From the USA Network's "Monk" Page:

quote:
SEASON 4 IS COMING! When a fellow detective shows up at a crime scene knowing all the answers, has Monk finally met his match... or is the other detective cheating? Don't miss guest star Jason Alexander in the Monk season premiere, "Mr. Monk and the Other Detective," premiering Friday, July 8th at 10/9C.
Friday nights are back. [Smile]
Posts: 4344 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kojabu
Member # 8042

- posted      Profile for kojabu           Edit/Delete Post 
Yea I really liked Sharona too. But alas I no longer have a TV w/cable so I can't watch it. But my parents tape it so when I get home for breaks I have a monk marathon that lasts for about 7 hours. It's great. =D

One of my faves was when he took in the little kid for a few days.

Posts: 2867 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megan
Member # 5290

- posted      Profile for Megan           Edit/Delete Post 
Hooray for the new season of Monk...I hope I can stand Jason Alexander. Ah, well, at least it's only for one episode.

Right? ...Right?!

Posts: 4077 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Hooray!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks, Sndrake!

Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Did anyone watch last night's episode?

It seemed such a stretch to me.

And so sad.

"If this is true, then nothing is true."

jexx
Member # 3450

- posted      Profile for jexx   Email jexx         Edit/Delete Post 
It killed me, absolutely kill me. The whole episode killed me.

Fantastic.

Yeah, the premise was stretchy, but Shalhoub was amazing as always.

Posts: 1545 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

OK, but what did you think about the perfume(Shalimar), and a bunch of other things about her that he noticed. Was that on purpose? Because I didn't buy it if it was.

I also think it was dumb to have the woman "play" Janice as well as Trudy.

However, it was just heartbreaking.

Paraphrase City:

"What happened at the cemetary? How did you know she was dead?"

"Because it still hurt."

Oh, man.

jexx
Member # 3450

- posted      Profile for jexx   Email jexx         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, the Shalimar thing, the being allergic to fish, way over the top. It had to have been on purpose, but I don't get that they would target him like that...silly writers this ep. Usually they are much better plottish-wise.

But joining you in Paraphrase City is Natalie's reply:

"I get that"

*sob*

Posts: 1545 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

Usually they are much better plottish-wise

No. No, lately, they aren't. It's why I'm not watching anymore. [Frown]
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Wait, I posted here, darn it.

Anyway, I agree, Tom, and it makes it easier because I always forget it is on on Fridays anyway. Last night was the first I'd watched in a long time.

sndrake
Member # 4941

- posted      Profile for sndrake   Email sndrake         Edit/Delete Post 
Diane was checking the TV channel guide and saw there's a new episode of MONK on tonight. The episode has something to do with him doing a gig as a store Santa, I think.

The plots last season weren disappointing, but I'll tune in tonight to see if the writers have gotten their act together.

Posts: 4344 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
[Big Grin] And we finally got our TV back, just in time. [Big Grin]
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Are you sure it is the start of the new season? I think it might just be a Christmas special. I remember seeing an ad for it.
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Having seen the first 20 minutes: gee, that was predictable.

But some cute moments.

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

It does appear they're just doing special episodes for the holidays of a few shows.

Oh, and I totally knew who did it far too early in the episode. *sigh*

JennaDean
Member # 8816

- posted      Profile for JennaDean   Email JennaDean         Edit/Delete Post 
Didn't see it, but just the thought of Monk as a Department Store Santa ... how does he continually get himself into the worst possible scenarios for him? I mean, walking in a sewer? Having dozens of little kids sitting on his lap?

Oh, yeah. The writers. They have to keep showing off his quirks. Right.

Posts: 1522 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

And Natalie helps.
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.