FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Thor's Harry Potter book 7 secrets. (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Thor's Harry Potter book 7 secrets.
kwsni
Member # 1831

- posted      Profile for kwsni   Email kwsni         Edit/Delete Post 
This kind of thing is why I love Rowling's writing. Her attention to detail is exquisite, and she's got to plan all this stuff first, because it can't just come up randomly.

It wouldn't seem like Dumbledore would be an animagus, otherwise Hermione would have mentioned it after she went to look up McGonagal. But then I can't think of any other reason why JKR would name him Dumbledore.

Ni!

Posts: 1925 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

- posted      Profile for sarcasticmuppet   Email sarcasticmuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
Because "Dumbledore" sounds COOL, that's why! [Razz]
Posts: 4089 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

- posted      Profile for PSI Teleport   Email PSI Teleport         Edit/Delete Post 
Dude, Dumbledore is totally Godric Gryffindor on the Philosopher's Stone elixir of life. That's why he's got an immortal familiar.
Posts: 6367 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kwsni
Member # 1831

I can't imagine Dumbledore being that selfish. And doesn't it say in the book that when Harry sees him in Riddle's diary that he looks younger? It seems like the elixir of life wouldn't let him age.

::shrug::

Ni!

Posts: 1925 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Book
Member # 5500

- posted      Profile for Book           Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, for a while in book 2 I thought he was Gryffindor, but later, meh...

I don't think Harry will die. She's said before that "it's not impossible- I can never rule it out" that she would write more harry potter books after book 7. Sounds like he lives, to me.

Posts: 2258 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jenny Gardener
Member # 903

- posted      Profile for Jenny Gardener   Email Jenny Gardener         Edit/Delete Post 
Anybody seen The Dark Crystal? Harry and Voldemort will merge in the end, and the world will be right once more. Hermione will end up with Ron (that's fairly obvious), but she might have a fling with Harry.

I think Harry really is quite selfish, and I like that. He is not a good guy by nature. He has the potential for evil within him - even the Sorting Hat saw that. Perhaps Slytherin House would have been better for him. I'm really intrigued to see how this all works out.

Posts: 3141 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kwsni
Member # 1831

You never know, Book. Sometimes a story takes you somewhere you don't want to go.

I'd also LIKE to see the books end at book seven. Harry's story needs an end.

Ni!

Space Opera
Member # 6504

- posted      Profile for Space Opera   Email Space Opera         Edit/Delete Post 
Operaetta asked me for a red marker earlier today. I gave it to her, assuming that she was going to color with it. Since then she has been walking around with a HP scar drawn on her forehead with aforementioned red marker.

space opera

Posts: 2578 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
porcelain girl
Member # 1080

- posted      Profile for porcelain girl   Email porcelain girl         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My husband's best friend is totally anti-HP, even though his girlfriend loves it. (That's fine.) He tells us he will never read it and refuses to see the movie. (Also his prerogative.) So when his girlfriend, my husband, our mutual friend, and I made plans to see the movie, what did this guy do? He went WITH us to the theater, complained about HP while we were driving there, insisted on sitting outside of the theater doing nothing while we were watching it, and convinced our mutual friend to sit out there with him so he wouldn't be alone.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This makes me angry just reading it. If he didn't want to see it, why did he come along? I don't understand.

why? because he's obviously fifteen years old and Too Cool To Live.
Posts: 3936 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Book
Member # 5500

- posted      Profile for Book           Edit/Delete Post 
Seems like Rowling's books are far more planned out than others. I mean, Sirius was named "Sirius," right from the start, so that meant she had been thinking of him as an Animagus right from the start, too, right? I know that originally it was a muggle who ratted out the Potters, and eventually it turned into Pettigrew, but still..
Posts: 2258 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
romanylass
Member # 6306

- posted      Profile for romanylass   Email romanylass         Edit/Delete Post 
Dumbledore could be an unregistered Animagus.

Somewhat OT, but does anyone else hear the voice of the portrait of Sirius Black's mother as the voice of Principal Skinner's mother?

Posts: 2711 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

- posted      Profile for PSI Teleport   Email PSI Teleport         Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe Dumbledore is a metamorphagus or whatever-the-heck that thing is. That would explain how he could look younger in the old memories. OH! I know! Tonks is Dumbledore! [Razz]
Posts: 6367 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.