FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Late-term abortion ban declared unconstitutional (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Late-term abortion ban declared unconstitutional
AvidReader
Member # 6007

- posted      Profile for AvidReader   Email AvidReader         Edit/Delete Post 
fil, I agree with most of what you said, but I would like to correct one thing. Christians believe everyone sins. We also believe we've been forgiven by Jesus's death. So it's not the sin per se that bugs us. It's the denial of sin.

I fornicate, but you don't see my running around telling everyone God doesn't mind. Of course He does. Frankly, if I'd known then what I know now, I'd have behaved myself. At this point, I'm not willing to stop so all I can do is push on and promise not to do it again if I do, God forbid, find myself single again.

Looking at it from that perspective, it's not the sin that we have a problem with. It's encouraging others to join you since it's not really that bad. I plan to have kids one day. I hate to think what kinds of messages will be aimed at them.

How far do we push the laisez faire envelope? How often will I hear "So something has to be good for it to be legal?" before we decide maybe we ought to be good to ourselves. Not in some "cover up the emptiness I feel so I can tell everyone I'm happy" sort of way. In Aristotle's "I can look back from my deathbed and know I lived a life that meant something" sort of way.

Maybe Americans should worry a little more about what has meaning to us and a little less about what feels good.

Posts: 2283 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.