FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Pun Smackdown IV -- Habedasherific: A code and two pair of plans (Page 3)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Pun Smackdown IV -- Habedasherific: A code and two pair of plans
punwit
Member # 6388

- posted      Profile for punwit   Email punwit         Edit/Delete Post 
Better yet, eskort him off the school grounds and tell him if he doesn't buckle down and fly right that his overall chances of success are not good.

[ April 28, 2004, 05:18 PM: Message edited by: punwit ]

Posts: 2022 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
Don't make him wear his guilt on his sleeve though. Kids can be too cruel, and they might tan his seat.

[ April 28, 2004, 05:20 PM: Message edited by: Kwea ]

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
No, I'm more the good cop/bad cop believer.

One of you tie him to a chair, stare at him with a wrinkled brow, sweater the truth out of him, yank his chains, threaten to beat him with a rubber hosery.

The other string him along, en-fold him in your care, listen to his yarns.

That way you'll un-cover the truth.

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
punwit
Member # 6388

Kids seem to enshroud everything in a cloak of secrecy.

[ April 28, 2004, 05:24 PM: Message edited by: punwit ]

Posts: 2022 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

they wear lies well, but the truth will be uncovered yet...
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
Punwit, sorry to twist so many threads together.

(I thought you meant second grade like second grade cloth. ha ha ha.)

Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

You know, we really should hemper him from going out to recess.
Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
punwit
Member # 6388

Yeah rope him in.
punwit
Member # 6388

Poor kid. Last time he went to recess he was late getting back. Toke him too long.
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

The story is just beginning to unravel.
punwit
Member # 6388

Oops we seem to be drifting off topic. Drug references creeping in here. I will do my best to keep from getting side cracked.
punwit
Member # 6388

Umm I mean tracked.
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Yes, Punwit, the thread is starting to bobb in and out, but I think it will weave together again. As long as we don't get too warped.
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Some of these were so pun-ful, I weft. But I dried my tears, and pulled myself back up by my bootstraps.
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

I hope they don;t snap!
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Sorry, I have to go and read Wal lace and Grommet.

[ April 28, 2004, 06:15 PM: Message edited by: Elizabeth ]

punwit
Member # 6388

Yes Elizabeth I agree, reading can certainly help. It's a great stress ne(gaiter).
Kwea
Member # 2199

Well, as long he takes it in stride.

Inseams this thread is still growing, but we left plenty of room for growth. If this thread gets any longer, we'll have to let it out to a fourth page.

What a waist...

Kwea

The Rabbit
Member # 671

- posted      Profile for The Rabbit   Email The Rabbit         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow this thread has really been stretched out of all proportions. It truly suits this patched together outfit.
Posts: 12591 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Yes, and we do it all with laughs, plus sighs.
punwit
Member # 6388

Have to give credit to my business partner. I was relating some of this thread to him. His comment was, "I think you all should be booted off"
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

May his sole rot in heel.
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
I've just run through the gauntlet that is this thread and I have to say..."I glove you all!"

It was nip and tuck there for awhile, but I think we have finally brought this thread around to the right coordinates. I'm glad too, 'cuz I'd really hate for us to be kicked "off the 'rack" you know! [Eek!]

That just wouldn't be a fitting PUNishment.

In brief, to me you're all tops!

In fact, I think it's entirely likely that future generations of jatraqueros will be found boning up on this thread. It'll be a required corset.

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
punwit
Member # 6388

Thanks Bob and everyone involved. This was great fun. I commented to Elizabeth that reading was a great way to reduce stress. It seemsstress is relieved also by reading threads that aren't cut short or in other words unseamly endings.
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Oh, my! IS that a goose down there? Oh,no, it is just Uncle Paul, going to park, uh, his car.
fallow
Member # 6268

- posted      Profile for fallow   Email fallow         Edit/Delete Post 
*wipes sweat from brow and grins ear to ear*

"Ain't none that can spin straw into gold the way Scopatz can."

*bobs and weaves*

fallow

Posts: 3061 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm looking for something flattering to wear today. Maybe a long fallowing robe?

[Big Grin]

Anyway, this is just one more post under my belt.

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
punwit
Member # 6388

I know I'm the rookie and you're the veteran, Bob, but you need to quit padding your post count. Perhaps you need a good smock upside the head.
punwit
Member # 6388

I know there's folks out there that consider punning a crime. Please don't alert a fedora cop or other law enforcement persons.

[ April 29, 2004, 08:43 AM: Message edited by: punwit ]

Beren One Hand
Member # 3403

- posted      Profile for Beren One Hand           Edit/Delete Post 
Don't hurt Bob. He only moccasin jest.
Posts: 4116 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
punwit
Member # 6388

I'm wondering if I've crossed some line by threatening Bob with a smock to the head. If so I apologize for violating an en(trenched) code.
Beren One Hand
Member # 3403

- posted      Profile for Beren One Hand           Edit/Delete Post 
The coolest man to ever wear a trench coat? Humphrey Bogart: "Here's looking at you keds."
Posts: 4116 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sopwith
Member # 4640

- posted      Profile for Sopwith   Email Sopwith         Edit/Delete Post 
Polly Esther double-knitted her brows as she looked at the telephone and considered what the butterfly caller had complained about. The sound emanating from the church's bell bottoms in the white belt of suburbia had disturbed the man's rest. And leisure suited the man well. The local priest couldn't be de-frocked and that platform wouldn't be a shoe-in for success for her boss who had just thrown his hat in the political ring.

"I need some kind of wide tie that will bring the community together," she hemmed to herself. "Skirting the issue won't work and if we play it too close to the vest it will make it look like we've been caught with our pants down."

(sorry, that's as far as I could get with that one)

[ April 29, 2004, 09:23 AM: Message edited by: Sopwith ]

Posts: 2848 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

Beren, we've tread this path before.
Bob, try suited seperate, the waists will fit you better. Sorry if that was below the belt...

don't drop me here. Now I'm waiting on pins and needles, waiting for the other shoe to drop.

Don't make me call Hank, the kerchief of police!

Kwea
Member # 2199

Sopwith [Evil] [Evil] [Taunt] [ROFL] : or are you sorry you went that far with it???

[ April 29, 2004, 09:27 AM: Message edited by: Kwea ]

punwit
Member # 6388

Some very clever folks on Hatrack. Argyle's to be commended
punwit
Member # 6388

Some of the puns are a real stretch. They call for you to suspender belief for a moment. Others are so far-fetched they only fly on a wingtip and a prayer.
Sopwith
Member # 4640

- posted      Profile for Sopwith   Email Sopwith         Edit/Delete Post 
Polly just couldn't figure it out. If Mr. Hosen wanted to be a community leder, he'd have to learn to knit-pick his fights.

He took to the mantle of responsibility to seriously. From the worries of the stocking boy at the grocery store to the diesel-fitter at the hosiery plant (he checked panty-hose sizes, proclaiming, Diesel-fitter, diesel-fitter), Mr. Hosen carried the worries of the community in his pocket and wore his heart on his sleeve.

Hosen was a dyed in the wool, man of the people. Everyone in town wore shirts off of his back and he had proudly walked a mile in everyone else's shoes.

(k, gotta stop now, mania taking hold... arrrgggghhh)

Posts: 2848 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

tux, tux, tux. You've all gown off the deep end. I'm just bowler'd over. Maybe I shouldn't beret you so severely. I just think we could jacket up a notch in some fashion and have something to show for it. Alb be backless a few layers. Any more and I'd be in my birthday suit.
Kwea
Member # 2199

God forbid....although "someone" here would like to see that outfit, I'm NOT her... [Evil Laugh]
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
My health insurance rep just called. If I don't start excercising, they are going to sue. Yep, looks like I'm in line for...

A jogging suit.

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
punwit
Member # 6388

A bit off topic I guess. If they ever make a movie based on our hosts life I would love to placard. I think that would be slicker than just about anything, almost a crowning achievement.
punwit
Member # 6388

We got any mechanics hanging out in this thread? I need some advice concerning my 95 F150. Its got bout 80,000 miles on it and up until about 2 weeks ago it was running as smooth as silk. Since then something has happened, now it chemise and shakes when I come to a stop. If you think you could help, let me know but please remember I am strapped for cash.
punwit
Member # 6388

Oh also on the truck, the muffler needs checking.
punwit
Member # 6388

Ok, where are the normal punsters tonight? You all need to parka your butt in front of the computer and poncho the keys until you come up with a good pun.
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

They took my student in cuffs yesterday.
jehovoid
Member # 2014

- posted      Profile for jehovoid   Email jehovoid         Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe they all got places toga tonight. I hear they're all going tunic's house.

("Diesel-fitter," priceless!)

Posts: 3056 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jehovoid
Member # 2014

So they got the collar?
Posts: 3056 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Come on, guys, let's leeve.
jehovoid
Member # 2014

I'm open toed that I idea.
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.