FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Adventuring in Babylon... [Update: party's chosen.] (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Adventuring in Babylon... [Update: party's chosen.]
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

- posted      Profile for sarcasticmuppet   Email sarcasticmuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
I sent you my character sketch, twinky.

*waits for Saturday*

Posts: 4089 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

- posted      Profile for twinky   Email twinky         Edit/Delete Post 
>> Twinky, what would the physical appearance be of a native to northern Khadanira? I could guess, but I'd probably be wrong, and I think you or co-creator Slash would have a pretty good idea. <<

Think Syria and Turkey. People are generally dark-skinned, but the skin tones get lighter as you go north (again, as a general rule).

>> OK, let me re-phrase. Are there any mundane items from the Player's Handbook that will be unavailable to the characters? Long bows? Crossbows? Longswords? Tanglefoot bags? <<

>> What Knowledge skills will there be that you can tell us about, that aren't in the book? <<

Both of these questions are seriously premature, guys. Give me some time here. [Smile] Rakeesh is, however, right about things like longbows.

>> Twink, I think both Slash and I allowed items based on the recommended GP value for characters of a given level. <<

*nod* that makes sense. I'm going to have to review the equipment list, though, and cross off things that are inapropriate. It's still early for that, but it's on my list of things to do during the numerical character creation stuff once the party is settled.

[ April 16, 2004, 04:00 PM: Message edited by: twinky ]

Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

- posted      Profile for sarcasticmuppet   Email sarcasticmuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
Even though I'm a RPG virgin, I found this funny: 8 bit D&D
Posts: 4089 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry, twink. [Frown] I'm just so excited about this. I'll calm down and hold my breath until I find out I actually get to play. [Angst]
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

Deadline's today.
Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
*twiddles fingers*
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

*jumps up and down in chair*
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

Be careful there, sm. You don't want to fall out of you chair again, do you? [No No]
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

again?
Mr.Funny
Member # 4467

- posted      Profile for Mr.Funny           Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, you must have hit your head pretty hard when you fell the first time.
Posts: 1466 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

must have [Dont Know]
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

*bumpity*
twinky
Member # 693

All right, let's get the proverbial ball rolling.

I was honestly overwhelmed with the number and quality of character submissions. I really was expecting people to be put off by the restrictive nature of my world and the relatively dark feel I expect the game to have. I had a heck of a time choosing and in the end settled on what I think is the set of six characters that form the most balanced party. This way I maximize their chances of survival. [Wink] Also, I tried to give as many first-timers a chance to play as I possibly could, which sadly meant setting aside some great character concepts from experienced players... but I'm hoping that the new folks will enjoy the game and that things will work out. [Smile]

So thanks to everyone, and to the six in the party, you'll hear from me today.

[ February 26, 2010, 05:24 PM: Message edited by: twinky ]

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.