FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Black Magic Divorcee- More critiques? (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Black Magic Divorcee- More critiques?
kwsni
Member # 1831

- posted      Profile for kwsni   Email kwsni         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm no comfort either, Scott. I have no idea how to get anything published, since I have no idea how to get anything FINISHED.

Your writing is lovely, though, and some editor's GOT to see that. Don't they?

Ni!

Posts: 1925 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott R
Member # 567

- posted      Profile for Scott R   Email Scott R         Edit/Delete Post 
I take back the chitlin comment.

Blackberry Witch is too long for Strange Horizons. . . I'm not sure if it's the right tenor for Asimov's (and they take 3 months to respond, so I'd like to try quicker markets first). . . and who knows about Phobos?

What other mags are looking for speculative fiction?

Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
celia60
Member # 2039

- posted      Profile for celia60   Email celia60         Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe I should send them 15 pages of --|--'s. I'm not trying to get anything published, so no cost to me (besides a little postage). Would that make you feel any better? Even though they'd only look at the first couple paragraphs of birds?
Posts: 3956 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alexa
Member # 6285

- posted      Profile for Alexa           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
the truth was that Steve asking her to get rid of Brujo would be like asking her to get rid of an arm. No. . . more like getting rid of her ovaries, because Brujo was that much a part of her.
I found that sentence awkward. Are ovaries more a part of someone then an arm? Maybe identity-wise, but it still read awkward to me.
Posts: 1034 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott R
Member # 567

I'm a critique whore.

The finished version is 58 pages of torture and black magic.

At the very least, that should interest Ralphie.

[Big Grin]

[ July 05, 2004, 10:28 AM: Message edited by: Scott R ]

Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pixie
Member # 4043

- posted      Profile for Pixie   Email Pixie         Edit/Delete Post 
It interests me, too, as I'd still like to read the entire text. [Wink]

If it's possible, could you e-mail me a copy of the story at Essenceflames101@aol.com? I've loved every bit I've seen, but I somehow missed this thread back at the beginning and, thus, missed the time for yelling "Me too! I want one too!".

Posts: 1548 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jeniwren
Member # 2002

- posted      Profile for jeniwren   Email jeniwren         Edit/Delete Post 
Scott, if you email it to me, I'll have time in the next couple of days to read it. And I'd really like to read it. I'd like to see how the story had changed since I gave it my last read through a few months ago.
Posts: 5948 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ludosti
Member # 1772

- posted      Profile for ludosti   Email ludosti         Edit/Delete Post 
I'd also like to see the changes you've made!
Posts: 5879 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Me too!
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zotto!
Member # 4689

- posted      Profile for Zotto!   Email Zotto!         Edit/Delete Post 
*repeats Pixie's last post* [Smile]
Posts: 1595 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
You want Scott to send you a copy via Pixie's eddress?
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zotto!
Member # 4689

- posted      Profile for Zotto!   Email Zotto!         Edit/Delete Post 
*grumbles*

everpoe@hotmail.com

Fie on rivka. [Razz]

Posts: 1595 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott R
Member # 567

Ludosti-- your email is hidden; send me an email at the addy in my profile, and I'll get it to you too.

THANKS!

punwit
Member # 6388

- posted      Profile for punwit   Email punwit         Edit/Delete Post 
I'd love to read this story as well. E-mail is junkaccount@sbcglobal.net. BTW, My very first attempt with fermentation of any sort was Blackberry Wine with berries picked in my back yard.
Posts: 2022 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
celia60
Member # 2039

- posted      Profile for celia60   Email celia60         Edit/Delete Post 
will you be resending to all of us? or just us who repost requests?

celia60@hotmail.com

Posts: 3956 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott R
Member # 567

Just those that post requests. No sense cluttering people's inboxes with unsolicited email. . . unless you're offering to pay me?
AvidReader
Member # 6007

- posted      Profile for AvidReader   Email AvidReader         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, if it's not too late to get a copy, I'd LOVE to read the whole thing. How on earth does sweet little Nina end up kidnapping somebody? You've gone way past intrigued here, Scott.

cneuman81@yahoo.com

I still say the editor wouldn't know good writing if it jumped up and bit him.

Posts: 2283 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott R
Member # 567

I think by the end of 'Blackberry Witch,' you will no longer be able to fit the words 'sweet' and 'Nina' in the same sentence.
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
I'd like to see the finished copy!

noemon1 at yahoo.com

Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zalmoxis
Member # 2327

- posted      Profile for Zalmoxis           Edit/Delete Post 
Scott:

If you're up for another round...

Posts: 3423 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott R
Member # 567

With you?

Set 'em up, barkeep.

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.