FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » RenFaire? Saturday? Storm? Chris? Jeff? (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: RenFaire? Saturday? Storm? Chris? Jeff?
Dragon
Member # 3670

- posted      Profile for Dragon   Email Dragon         Edit/Delete Post 
eh, that'll do. It's better than mid thirties.

[Big Grin]

Posts: 3420 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Bridges
Member # 1138

- posted      Profile for Chris Bridges   Email Chris Bridges         Edit/Delete Post 
By the way - is this a bring-the-kids thing, or should we stick to adults?

What time? Where do we meet? Cellphone coordination or a specific place?

Posts: 7790 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lcarus
Member # 4395

- posted      Profile for lcarus           Edit/Delete Post 
We should use cell phones to coordinate. I'll e-mail mine out tonight if I get a chance.

A Renaissance Festival seems like a pretty child-friendly event to me. I was planning on bringing my kids, unless that's a problem. If we're not, then I have to scramble for babysitting, and that might put a crimp on things. Actually, I was planning on bringing Grandpa as well. [Smile]

We should do an adult get-together sometime. Didn't somebody say that they didn't drink? Chris, was that you? Not that drinking is the only possible adult get-together. We could all go see an R-Rated movie or something some time. (But I do remember that Chris doesn't like sports. The rest of us might want to think about going to another Predator game sometime. Or Jai-Alai.)

Not that we need to do something "adult" to do something without kids, but babysitting is such a hassle to get that I have a hard time justifying it to myself and then going to say, the zoo. Anyway, my kids are pretty good . . . at least, nobody in this group has any evidence otherwise--I think. [Angst]

Posts: 1112 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lcarus
Member # 4395

- posted      Profile for lcarus           Edit/Delete Post 
Actually, we should use both cell phones and a specific meeting place, in case reception in bad out there.
Posts: 1112 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Bridges
Member # 1138

- posted      Profile for Chris Bridges   Email Chris Bridges         Edit/Delete Post 
No worries, just windering how I was going to explain to the boys I was going to a RenFaire and they had to stay home, nyah nyah...

For future reference: I don't drink, but it doesn't bother me in the slightest if others do, just as it doesn't bother me if other people eat broccoli in my presence (shudder). I just have no taste for it and no bodily tolerance at all, so there's not much point in taking it up.

Posts: 7790 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zgator
Member # 3833

- posted      Profile for zgator   Email zgator         Edit/Delete Post 
I pretty much have to bring my kid. I suppose I could leave him in the car. It's suppose to be a nice day and I could crack the window, but some people get uptight about that.

I'll send out my cell phone number. I can't find a map of the grounds, so the only place I could think to meet would be the entrance. The faire starts at 10 and we should be there by then or soon after.

Posts: 4625 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.