FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Christmas gift exchange anyone? - The Assignments are Out (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Christmas gift exchange anyone? - The Assignments are Out
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
Twinky, you'd better not be using me. [Mad]
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, that's a good idea xnera.

My Livejournal Profile too - only I'm afraid it doesn't narrow much down. [Smile]

Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rappin' Ronnie Reagan
Member # 5626

- posted      Profile for Rappin' Ronnie Reagan   Email Rappin' Ronnie Reagan         Edit/Delete Post 
here's my livejournal profile too.
Posts: 1658 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
I just sent MINE.

Yup, I'm the responsible one for once. [Smile]

Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carrie
Member # 394

- posted      Profile for Carrie   Email Carrie         Edit/Delete Post 
I'd put my LJ profile up, but I haven't got any interests on it.
Posts: 3932 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Speed
Member # 5162

- posted      Profile for Speed   Email Speed         Edit/Delete Post 
Here's some ideas for me and Zemra. We're keen on just about anything. If you know a movie, an album or a book that we just must have, send it. If you see something at the local thrift store that is cool and unique, send it. If you have a $1 print of a funky and interesting painting, send it. Our tastes are eclectic, and something unique and interesting, something that we never would have come across without having it sent from you, that's just what we're jonesing for.

By the way, if you do have a movie or an album that you think we must have but you're not sure if we have it already, here's a list of our combined movie and music collections:

movies
music

They're in excell spreadsheets. If you need a different format, just say the word.

Looking forward to the gift exchange. [Smile]

Posts: 2804 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zevlag
Member # 1405

- posted      Profile for Zevlag           Edit/Delete Post 
And if you don't know me well... Then you are just too new. Ask a around, I'm an easy one. Books, Computers, Music (classical, instrumental) or just anything, not too picky [Wink]
Posts: 2102 | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
plaid
Member # 2393

- posted      Profile for plaid   Email plaid         Edit/Delete Post 
Random stuff appeals to me. Actually, I like that about this whole exchange. Whatever I get will be interesting... (whereas a lot of times when family gets me a present that I'm not at all interested in I can get annoyed -- "they should know me well enough to know that I wouldn't like THAT!" -- but with someone I don't know there's no expectations and it'll just be fun to see whatever shows up...)

[ December 10, 2003, 12:28 AM: Message edited by: plaid ]

Posts: 2911 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
All I have to say is...I ADORE the idea of an Amazon.com wishlist. It just helped me out bigtime. [Smile]

(PS I have one too!)

[ December 11, 2003, 09:56 PM: Message edited by: Narnia ]

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Suneun
Member # 3247

- posted      Profile for Suneun   Email Suneun         Edit/Delete Post 
Yey! My exams are over and I just bought stuff for my secret santa. Woooh!

I opted for the many smaller gifts than the singlet larger gift. I've read things about the recipient, and he/she appears to have similar interests to me. So I'm basing my buying off of that.

I'll send it out today or Monday, depending on whether or not I get my butt in gear =)

Posts: 1892 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kwsni
Member # 1831

- posted      Profile for kwsni   Email kwsni         Edit/Delete Post 
arg! Boyfreind borrowed my car, so now i can't go shopping!

Ni!

Posts: 1925 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leonide
Member # 4157

- posted      Profile for Leonide   Email Leonide         Edit/Delete Post 
These aren't supposed to be anonymous, are they? I mean, the initial drawing is, but are we supposed to hide our identities when we mail the packages, too?

Let me know so i can send the package!

Posts: 3516 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

no, leonide - feel free to sign your gift [Smile]
Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

Oh, and if anyone gets anything cool, tell us all about it! [Smile]
Ophelia
Member # 653

- posted      Profile for Ophelia   Email Ophelia         Edit/Delete Post 
Post office lines = yuck!

But I got it sent. [Smile]

Posts: 3801 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leonide
Member # 4157

Amazon.com = there by Xmas eve!!

This is exciting [Smile]

Posts: 3516 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kasie H
Member # 2120

- posted      Profile for Kasie H   Email Kasie H         Edit/Delete Post 
Hmm..... my Amazon wishlist .
Posts: 1784 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
Kasie, you may enjoy my collection, bottom center and right. [Evil]

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

Ok...so now that I've mentioned wishlists, people have updated and I went back to check and the gift I got my secret santa was no longer on the list!!! I REALLY hope that this person doesn't already have what I got them. [Frown]

Please return it if you do and get something that you want.

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

Maybe it's off of the list because you bought it?
Narnia
Member # 1071

I thought that, but I've had people buy things from my wish list and I myself have had to remove them...maybe it just depends on who is looking at the list. Maybe Amazon knows I bought it and doesn't want me to stupidly try to buy it again. [Big Grin]

I hope that's it. I hate finding out that I gave someone something they already have! [Smile]

Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
I loves me some saxon75!!!

(Clutches pez, spam, and quote book)

[Cry] He's so awesome a sensei....

Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carrie
Member # 394

- posted      Profile for Carrie   Email Carrie         Edit/Delete Post 
I sent mine today... whee!
Posts: 3932 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kwsni
Member # 1831

- posted      Profile for kwsni   Email kwsni         Edit/Delete Post 
woo!
I got mine sent off today, and I got mine!

Plaid, that's the most random gift iv'e ever gotten. but still way cool.

Ni!

Posts: 1925 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
[Frown]

I so wish I hadn't missed this in my hiatus. I would have enjoyed it!

Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

(((Speed))) much love and goodness to you. You're awesome!! [Big Grin]
Leonide
Member # 4157

Icarus, do you own OSC's how to write sci fi and fantasy, or his Characters and Viewpoint book? If not, my dad just bought me them and I already own them, I'd be more than happy to send one of them your way, along with something else, if you'd like! It's not fair that you were left out!
Leonide
Member # 4157

I'm so anxious!! Strider's and my Hatrack Gift arrived today, addressed from Dan Raven which is freakin cool, but i can't open it until later when I go visit Strider! THE SUSPENSE IS KILLING ME!! *breathes into paper bag*

I can't wait to see!!! [Big Grin]

Strider
Member # 1807

- posted      Profile for Strider   Email Strider         Edit/Delete Post 
Dan_raven is off somewhere giggling about the paper clip collection he sent us.

[ December 20, 2003, 08:28 PM: Message edited by: Strider ]

Posts: 8741 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kasie H
Member # 2120

- posted      Profile for Kasie H   Email Kasie H         Edit/Delete Post 
I sent mine off today!
[Party]

Posts: 1784 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leonide
Member # 4157

Dan, you're the bestest. We're about to read your short story right now. What a great gift package!! [The Wave]

[ December 20, 2003, 09:50 PM: Message edited by: Leonide ]

Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Also, can everyone who doesn't have interests listed in their profile please add them or post them here? I am not sure what to get my person b/c they haven't listed any there. I've been trying to go over their threads and posts to no avail.
[Blushing] Mrs. M, I'm so sorry, I didn't do as good a job of checking up on this thread as I should have!! But your gift was FABULOUS, thank you!! [Kiss] It made me happy. [Smile]
Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.