FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » FANTASY FOOTBALL!!! (Page 3)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: FANTASY FOOTBALL!!!
The Silverblue Sun
Member # 1630

- posted      Profile for The Silverblue Sun   Email The Silverblue Sun         Edit/Delete Post 
ME STOMP YOU
Posts: 2752 | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Silverblue Sun
Member # 1630

- posted      Profile for The Silverblue Sun   Email The Silverblue Sun         Edit/Delete Post 
Dibs on Clarrett.
Posts: 2752 | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
newfoundlogic
Member # 3907

- posted      Profile for newfoundlogic   Email newfoundlogic         Edit/Delete Post 
Better than Stewart right now!! [Cry]
Posts: 3446 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Silverblue Sun
Member # 1630

IT HAS BEGUN.

----------------------------

Spurrier's offense was cool.
LaVar is a football machine.
Ramsey went 12 for 13 with a TD before the pick,
then he got rattled, but his team still one.
The Skins offense stole from my playbook with their rotate 3 hungry and fresh backs routine.
Sorry about Pennington.
Testarevde ain't leadin' no team to a championship.
Spurrier will beat the Cowboys at least once this year.

<T>

Shlomo
Member # 1912

- posted      Profile for Shlomo   Email Shlomo         Edit/Delete Post 
Olandis Gary is a very intriguing player for me. Whoever has him, I think it's either Kingston Wailers or Waterboys, let's talk.
Posts: 755 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheTick
Member # 2883

- posted      Profile for TheTick   Email TheTick         Edit/Delete Post 
I was gonna nab him, too. Forgot to put him in my pre-ranks, I never expected Buffalo to trade him, he was there safety net with McGahee not being ready for such a long time...
Posts: 5422 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Silverblue Sun
Member # 1630

Houston's D played well but the O
kept turning it over.
No, I'm not talking about the pro's,
I'm talking about college.
Why?
Because there has been only one
pro game, and today the TV was full of
a cool college slate.
TOMORROW.

tHE Best on Earth play.

Teeth smasheers.

If a fulll on running Junior Seau
tackled OSC,
OSC would go to dust.
!~***POOF***~!

FOOTBALL IS THE GAME OF KINGS

Chess at almost maximun human physical kinetic performance.

~~~bam~~~

~~~SMASH~~~

I know this for sure, if HATRACK had a tackle football league, I'd be KING for the next 11

years...

throwing...
running...
smashing...

the game is now

<<<T>>>

The Silverblue Sun
Member # 1630

Ouch.
TheTick
Member # 2883

How about those Bills? WOW - I thought New England was better than that. That or the Buffalo D has improved more than one would think possible in a single year. I was also shocked by Kurt Warner...I thought the 6 fumbles was a typo at first. A very fun day of football to watch, though.
Posts: 5422 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Silverblue Sun
Member # 1630

I couldn't believe that with 6 fumbles and and INT Warner still got 10 points.

I also was shocked the Texans turned over the Dolphins. The Texans looked like merde all pre-season (I watched every game) but during the regular season the dolphins offense was U-G-L-Y.

That deep out Fielder threw and had intercepted with 3 minutes to go was stupid, stupid, stupid and stupid.

newfoundlogic
Member # 3907

- posted      Profile for newfoundlogic   Email newfoundlogic         Edit/Delete Post 
I just came to realize and not just because they beat the Dolphins, but the Texans are going to be good. They improved at every postion through either signings like Stacy Mack, draft picks like Andre Johnson, or experience like David Carr.
Posts: 3446 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Silverblue Sun
Member # 1630

Andre Johnson is the REAL deal.

...and Carr is the best young QB in the league.

Props to Charles "the man" Rodgers also.

<T>

newfoundlogic
Member # 3907

Harrington might be as good if not better, but the Texans have a defense as well.
TheTick
Member # 2883

Poor Icarus! Injuries abound...bruised pancreas? Anyhow, Ick, you may want to change around your roster (put Andre Johnson in, for example) to clear up things for next week. That's a good point total considering two of your starters were banged up.
The Silverblue Sun
Member # 1630

Harrington is the 2nd best young QB in the league, he's a gamer, no doubt...
newfoundlogic
Member # 3907

Again I don't know. Harrington did throw 4 TDs and he only has one decent receiver. On the other hand Carr played against a much better if unmotivated defense with three good receivers, its just too early to tell but one or both will be stars after the season.
newfoundlogic
Member # 3907

Is Sapp now going to be available as a RB or something after he made the catch out of the backfield?
Carrie
Member # 394

- posted      Profile for Carrie   Email Carrie         Edit/Delete Post 
::pounds head on table::
Posts: 3932 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheTick
Member # 2883

nfl - Sapp or Sam Adams. [Wink]
newfoundlogic
Member # 3907

I meant Sapp because he was on offense and actually caught a ball. [Smile] But I wouldn't mind having Adams either. He would probably be a better RB than anyone I have on my team. [Cry]
newfoundlogic
Member # 3907

Oh yeah, how does McNabb + Staley (who was starting) + David Akers not do 4 points better than just Brad Johnson?
newfoundlogic
Member # 3907

It was a JOKE!
TheTick
Member # 2883

There is something almost comical to watching a big man like Sapp or Adams lumber around with the ball...I'd hate to be the safety trying to tackle them! Even if you succeed, they could still land on you. Not fun.
newfoundlogic
Member # 3907

Or bounce off... [Laugh]
jasonepowell
Member # 1600

- posted      Profile for jasonepowell   Email jasonepowell         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not in this league, but I have to say, if I had Thor's team I would be so scared right now.

Also, in no way, shape, or form is Drew Brees a top 5 QB. Stacy Mack, Thomas Jones, and Emmitt Smith are all risky picks. They are all starters, sure, but only Mack looks like he might produce this year. Jones started in Arizona and couldn't get anything going, I doubt it'll be different in TB.
Harrison is a great WR, no doubt, but Boston is kind of iffy. He's also the only recieving threat in SD right now, meaning he'll see nothing but double teams. Warrick, Bryant and Randle El are only worth starting against poor defenses. I predict that Bryant will be stellar once he gets a reliable QB throwing to him. Carter just ain't cutting it. Elam is fantastic, not much else to say.

Sorry man, but you may wish to work some trades. Maybe you can trade Elam for some RB help?

Posts: 1281 | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheTick
Member # 2883

When does week 2 start??? I'm ready for it NOW! [Evil]
The Silverblue Sun
Member # 1630

***tackles thread***
The Silverblue Sun
Member # 1630

Ok, I'll give it to you.

My team ain't play so super.

I really expected 1.5 touchdowns out of Mack and Emmitt, 3 games on neither one has visited the endzone. Ouch.

Boston just got suspened, and early on he had some donut foot condidtion.

Farve loses 3 wideouts, Brees team blows a tire and backfires.

Me TE position is less than luke warm.

I'm happy to be 1 and 2

One more win and I'm .500.

Me and you shlo.

This weekend.

Me and you.

<T>

Jason Elam - My Team MVP

TheTick
Member # 2883

It was bound to happen.

Priest Holmes didn't score a touchdown. Luckily, I'm going to survive the week. [Smile] His partner in crime Tony G found the endzone, which is great. McNair is just McNair, nearly flawless. I guess you don't need to pass more than 16 times if you just go ahead and complete all of 'em but one. Fun weekend.

TheTick
Member # 2883

::bump::

[Big Grin]

McNair for MVP! Check your teams guys...since I'm going to beat you, I want to beat you with your best guys on the field. This means you, Strider.

graywolfe
Member # 3852

- posted      Profile for graywolfe   Email graywolfe         Edit/Delete Post 
Second year in a row a low seed won the title. Congrats to the victor (DolphinsandLions), and boo to myself, and to a lesser degree to Civic, for steam rolling people all year, and then going --- up in the playoffs. Well, at least we locked up the consolation game (a contradiction in terms).

Anyway hopefully we can do this again next year, and how about a title game in week 16.

Posts: 752 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
newfoundlogic
Member # 3907

Well at least this is more reason for teams in the future to not give up. I was down two games to start and then only made the playoffs as an 8 seed but still won. I'm more disappointed that the runner-up hadn't even checked his team since like October.

Hail to me! [Hail] [Hat]

graywolfe
Member # 3852

I think Saiyaman did the same thing as you last year, so I don't know about giving up, I just think that there are always players who aren't as married to the concept of actually working at it, and trying to win, as other players. I played in five major leagues this year, and a sixth that was a rather odd auction league/total points league. I did a fairly good job of keeping tabs on all of my teams (they all made the playoffs, three as #1 seeds, and three others as #2, #3 and #5 seeds)but in the end the money leagues were where I was most concerned and I did a good job in them (finishing runner up in one where I lost the title game because Davis and Portis were injured and held out, and in another as a #5 seed I took the title). I enjoyed it, I just hope we can redo the playoffs for next year. I think it's nuts that the title game is in week 17. How pi$$ed would you have been if you'd lost that title game to someone who wasn't even paying attention because the coaches of a few of your players decided to rest starters since they'd clinched a bye/playoff birth?

[ January 08, 2004, 08:49 PM: Message edited by: graywolfe ]

Posts: 752 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
graywolfe
Member # 3852

I figured I'd bump this back up again. It's probably still a bit early for the topic, but it's nice to have it around anyway to prompt discussion. I'm playing in way too many leagues this year, looks like I'll be competing in eight.

Anyway hopefully we can get the league going again this year and maybe even have a live draft.

UofUlawguy
Member # 5492

- posted      Profile for UofUlawguy   Email UofUlawguy         Edit/Delete Post 
I've already signed up for my first fantasy football team of the season on Yahoo! I can't do a live draft, and I don't know enough to rank my own players, so I just let the system draft my team. Boy, did I luck out. I got both the #1 ranked running back (Priest Holmes) and the #1 ranked quarterback (Daunte Culpepper). The rest of my players are just fine, but I think I can build quite a season around those two.
Posts: 1652 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheTick
Member # 2883

I'm filling my friends and family league now - 6 committed so far, so that's shaping up well. In a public Yahoo league, I got Ahman Green as my main back, with Travis Henry/Willis McGahee and Curtis Martin behind. WRs of Moulds, Steve Smith, Javon Walker and Isaac Bruce. Tom Brady and David Carr as QB. I mostly did this as a test of my prerankings, which seemed to come out quite well.
newfoundlogic
Member # 3907

And I will be defending my title. [Big Grin]

I'm also another reason not to give up early as I was the eighth seed.

The Silverblue Sun
Member # 1630

Word.
graywolfe
Member # 3852

And I will be defending my 13-1 regular season record which got me SQUAT in the playoffs.
TheTick
Member # 2883

Anyone know if Shlomo is handling the league again?
The Silverblue Sun
Member # 1630

It is shlo'z job til he don't want it yo!
newfoundlogic
Member # 3907

I agree but he better speak up soon because who doesn't want to get started as soon as possible?
Carrie
Member # 394

- posted      Profile for Carrie   Email Carrie         Edit/Delete Post 
Not necessarily. I know last year we had a pretty late start...
Posts: 3932 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheTick
Member # 2883

It's his league to start, I just wanted to get some discussion going. [Smile] I went crazy with the pre-rankings and am itching to see how they stand up to a real group of competitors.
graywolfe
Member # 3852

Wow, I didn't realize that I bumped this nearly a year to the day of when he started last years thread. Anyway, I'm sure he'll come along and start it, if nothing else, I could bait him, "MARLINS SUCK!!!" How's that?
Bob the Lawyer
Member # 3278

- posted      Profile for Bob the Lawyer   Email Bob the Lawyer         Edit/Delete Post 
Umm... isn't he, like, away at a camp or something?
Posts: 3243 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
Fantasy Football....
Mmmmmmmmmm...

[Evil]

Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
graywolfe
Member # 3852

I have no idea, I just figured it was as good a time as any to bump up the thread. The latest we can drive is about 5 weeks from now, after all. Then again, I always tend to start a little early in fantasy football, in no small part because I play in so many different leagues.
TheTick
Member # 2883

Me too...I like this league because of it's size. Waiver wire grabs and sleeper picks becore more important.
Cowboy Poet
Member # 6724

- posted      Profile for Cowboy Poet   Email Cowboy Poet         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm new here, but I'm in, if there is a casting call for participants. I am doing a CBS sportsline team and I am doing baseball over there (with mixed results.. . Prior is KILLING ME BURNED 2nd round pick on him!!) But I know what I am doing, so... I am either inviting myself or asking for an invite. . . umm....what ever seems appropriate (D. None of the above)
Posts: 23 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.