FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Senses you could live without (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Senses you could live without
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
What will you give us if 2020 comes and those don't? Money where your mouth is!
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

- posted      Profile for Stone_Wolf_           Edit/Delete Post 
Just give me your bank account number and routing number and I'll send you 100 billion dollars! [Razz]

Please note: DO NOT GIVE ME YOUR BANKING INFO.

Posts: 6683 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm so confused!
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dogbreath
Member # 11879

- posted      Profile for Dogbreath           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by mr_porteiro_head:
quote:
it. But just like you can visualize audiobooks just as well (and sometimes better) as when you are reading, the same applies to programming.

Books, whether they be written or spoken, are linear. The story might not be, but the book is -- you read the first word, then the second, then the third, on until the end. It lends itself very well to audio.

But code is not that way at all. All but the simplest programs have branchings, loopings, and jumps that would be extremely hard to comprehend in a linear medium such as audio book.

I realize this, the audiobook this is just an analogy. I'm saying when you take away your sight, you might improve your memory enough (as well as become much more detailed in your commenting) to compensate for this. Like, every time the program calls up a function in a different part of the code, leave a comment "segment located on lines 863-895" or something. I don't know... I know it'd be a lot less convenient, but I think it'd just take some discipline and practice.
Posts: 2222 | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
odouls268
Member # 2145

- posted      Profile for odouls268   Email odouls268         Edit/Delete Post 
I'd actually like a couple of more senses
Posts: 2532 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.