FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Hatrack t-shirts (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Hatrack t-shirts
LargeTuna
Member # 10512

- posted      Profile for LargeTuna   Email LargeTuna         Edit/Delete Post 
*idea [Big Grin]

Front: Last Post Thread
Next Generation

Back: jatraquera

Posts: 856 | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Rabbit
Member # 671

- posted      Profile for The Rabbit   Email The Rabbit         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Juxtapose:
Stilson had it coming.

I started out simple. Feel free to use the image, of course. I'm going to have to do some actual drawing for the "it doesn't do anything shirt" so it's going to take me a bit longer.

That image doesn't really capture "Stillson had it coming". I'm not sure what image would but that one with the "kick him" is just not appropriate in my opinion.
Posts: 12591 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Juxtapose
Member # 8837

- posted      Profile for Juxtapose   Email Juxtapose         Edit/Delete Post 
Do you think it's the "kick him" that's the problem, or the actual graphic (or both)? My idea with making them 2d was to sort of reference dominoes as a metaphor for Ender's strategy. The joke, as I get it, is simple and I thought the graphic should be too.
Posts: 2907 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
brojack17
Member # 9189

- posted      Profile for brojack17   Email brojack17         Edit/Delete Post 
We could do some good quotes from the Adjacent Titles Thread or just post an answer followed by "Begging a question".
Posts: 1766 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike
Member # 55

- posted      Profile for Mike   Email Mike         Edit/Delete Post 
Put me down for a "It doesn't do anything" t-shirt.
Posts: 1810 | Registered: Jan 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
Me too.
Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Juxtapose
Member # 8837

- posted      Profile for Juxtapose   Email Juxtapose         Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, I know it took me awhile, but I finally finished it. Even learned a few new tricks along the way! If you would like to fiddle with it, let me know, and I will email you the photoshop file (~6MB).

Have a look see.

Posts: 2907 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MidnightBlue
Member # 6146

- posted      Profile for MidnightBlue   Email MidnightBlue         Edit/Delete Post 
I think the Stilson one should be a picture of a sneaker, with a little bit of blood on the toe.
Posts: 1547 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
Perfect, MB.

I think the "It doesn't do anything" t-shirt shouldn't how frustrated people because the goal of the shirt would be to make other people the frustrated people.

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
erosomniac
Member # 6834

- posted      Profile for erosomniac           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm kind of interested in making a shirt that the average 20-something would consider wearing on a daily basis.

I'll play around and post the results.

Posts: 4313 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

- posted      Profile for Lisa   Email Lisa         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by katharina:
Perfect, MB.

I think the "It doesn't do anything" t-shirt shouldn't how frustrated people because the goal of the shirt would be to make other people the frustrated people.

Well, if that's the idea, what about this?
Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
Ha!

I like it.

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

- posted      Profile for Jon Boy           Edit/Delete Post 
I don't get it.
Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

- posted      Profile for Lisa   Email Lisa         Edit/Delete Post 
You look at it and ask yourself, "Okay, but I know what that was from... wait... what was it?" It's just a way of spreading the virulent meme into the non-online population.
Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.