FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Science standards...(from the Pres. Primary thread) (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Science standards...(from the Pres. Primary thread)
0Megabyte
Member # 8624

- posted      Profile for 0Megabyte   Email 0Megabyte         Edit/Delete Post 
Ooh! I love that video, Threads!
Posts: 1577 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
swbarnes2
Member # 10225

- posted      Profile for swbarnes2           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Ron Lambert:
Good. And my point is that it is those areas of DNA that some people call "junk DNA" where we should look to see if we can find characteristic coding that is active and expressed ("turned on") in variations of the same species--and is it that sequence (along with others) that are responsible for the unique characteristics of the species variations?

Well, point some of it out to us!

Ensembl is thisaway

------------->>www.ensembl.org

quote:
And yes, King of Men, thank you for recognizing what I am proposing--a verifiable, experimental test that can falsify baraminology--which is basic to creation theory.

Well, think of the accolades you will get when you do more than just propose a test, but actually do it!!

----------------->www.ensembl.org

Posts: 575 | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
King of Men
Member # 6684

- posted      Profile for King of Men   Email King of Men         Edit/Delete Post 
Nu, Ron, I still think you have a bit of work to do. Just what results, precisely, would falsify baraminology? You have stated that if cats and dogs are the same 'kind', then that is surprising but not, apparently, fatal to your theory. Just how diverse a pair of species do we need to find a common ancestor for, to falsify your theory? Humans and apes? Elephants and horses? Birds and fish? Please draw a line, here.
Posts: 10645 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
0Megabyte
Member # 8624

See, that's much of why I asked him to define "kind".
Posts: 1577 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
0Megabyte
Member # 8624

How convenient.

Oh, well. I was looking forward to more discussion. Testing how well I know this sort of thing, and seeing if I can spot fallacies, is pretty darn fun.

I was hoping for more...

Ron Lambert
Member # 2872

- posted      Profile for Ron Lambert   Email Ron Lambert         Edit/Delete Post 
I have already answered your questions. Why do you keep asking them?
Posts: 3742 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
0Megabyte
Member # 8624

You didn't answer my question about kinds, as a single example.

You avoided the question, and spoke about unrelated things.

And no, saying "created kinds" doesn't cut it.

You're being vague, and I wish you to make clear what you mean.

Furthermore, you seem not to be responding when people give you what you need to prove your theory. That ensemble website is quite interesting.

You claim you've answered my questions? You've certainly not. Not in this thread, at least.

Or do you speak about your feeble arguments about rocks and whatnot? I refuted all that, unless you wish to refute my refutation.

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.