FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Insurance for Teen Drivers (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Insurance for Teen Drivers
Tammy
Member # 4119

- posted      Profile for Tammy   Email Tammy         Edit/Delete Post 
*agrees* with mph and rivka. I of course think it's ridiculous as well. I was just having fun with it. My husband is a very safe driver, he just gets a touch of private road rage. Private meaning he doesn't share it with the other drivers, he just gets po'd and grumbles to himself the entire time he's driving. I do that as well. People are crazy out there on the open roads.

Oh well, so much for the fluff. I swear sometimes you folks around here are a bit to touchy.

Farmgirl - If my kids were in a one car accident in a very rural area, I'd of done the very same thing. Who in the world would call in that type of situation?

brojack - very honorable first jobs! I'm hoping that Arik finds a good one as well!

*sigh*

Posts: 3771 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
I know entirely too many people -- otherwise intelligent people -- who believe in astrology or similar to take it as being a joke. *shrug*
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy
Member # 4119

- posted      Profile for Tammy   Email Tammy         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Tammy:
Arik's an Aquarius.

I'd like to hear, even though I think it's a bunch of fluff, that Aquarius drivers are among the top drivers in the Zodiac world.

I'll just quote myself here. Notice, I said even though I think it's a bunch of fluff.

I realize people believe in astrology. I'm not one of them. I was just having fun with the link.

[Smile]

Posts: 3771 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlueWizard
Member # 9389

- posted      Profile for BlueWizard   Email BlueWizard         Edit/Delete Post 
Regarding grades, if your son is getting good grades and does so consistently, that might get him a discount with the insurance company. Also, if he is willing to take a defensive driving course, that's worth a discount.

Also, shop around, it really pays. Also, it depends on what city you live in. I move from Minneapolis to a small rural town, my insurance for full coverage including renters insurance is less that basic liability was in Minneapolis.

Also, rates tend to rise the longer you stay with an insurance agent. The more you pay the more he makes. That actually seems counter intuitive. You would think that the longer you stay with one agent and one insurance company, and don't have accidents, you rates would go down. But that's not how it works. There are some people who change insurance companies every four or five years just to keep their rates down.

You can be penalized if you are dropped by your insurance company, but to my knowledge, there is no penalty if you drop them.

I personally don't like either State Farm or Allstate. American Family and Farmers Insurance Group seem to have excellent rates.

Steve/bluewizard

Posts: 803 | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Heh, Farmer's is one of the highest rates we got. YMMV.
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.