FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » And I thought only forums had uh... we'll you'll understand. :( (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: And I thought only forums had uh... we'll you'll understand. :(
the doctor
Member # 6789

- posted      Profile for the doctor           Edit/Delete Post 
Like I said, Dark Knight, a published account would go a long way to raising your credibility here. You're asking us to believe that this is true, but, frankly, it's so bizarre that the say-so of an anonymous poster on the web is not going to carry much weight.

You may or may not work for the school board, for instance.

You may or may not have discussed it with the teachers involved.

What I do know is that I have had direct contact with the principal of one of these schools and he is fairly convincing in his assertions to the contrary.

The reason I care about this is that it is like so many attacks on segments of the education system in this country -- anything to make them look foolish or irresponsible -- but where's the proof of any of it.

I hope you will offer more than your anonymous "word" on this.

Thanks!

Posts: 61 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivet
Member # 1104

- posted      Profile for Olivet   Email Olivet         Edit/Delete Post 
I think a lot of conspiracy theories depend on the people involved in the conspiracy being smarter/more powerful than they are. (The all-powerful and super-intelligent Dubya blew up the twin towers so he could rule the world!)

For the record, I believe we landed on the moon, that careless American security failures made 9/11 possible, and Elvis is really dead.

The Kennedy assassinations and whatever happened in Roswell, NM have become so murky that don't feel comfortable commenting. But that's okay because I don't particularly care.

I AM bothered by Christian Dominionism. My Beloved and I watched the Creationism vs Evolution episode of Penn & Teller's B***T last night. A lot of it centered around a Cobb County School Board meeting, which is local for me.

It made my stomach hurt.

Posts: 9293 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Reader
Member # 3636

- posted      Profile for The Reader   Email The Reader         Edit/Delete Post 
Olivet, if you're interested, and haven't already read it, Case Closed By Gerald Posner is a very good book that thoroughly debunks most JFK assassination theories. I say most because it was published in the late 80's, and as all conspiracy theories go, stuff is added on as time progresses. The book reveals good facts though.

As for Roswell, I found a site, The Roswell Files, that is all about it. Project Mogul is the best explanation for the Roswell Incident. Given the time and place, I think it's far more likely that the US government was covering up a program that would have angered the Soviets, rather than an attempt to hide aliens.

Posts: 684 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AvidReader
Member # 6007

- posted      Profile for AvidReader   Email AvidReader         Edit/Delete Post 
My mom always says the truth behind any conspiracy comes out about fifty years after the fact when almost everyone involved is dead.

JFK was mid Sixties? Give it a decade or two and someone should be ready to tell us who really did what and from where. (Personally, I love the Cigarette Smoking Man in the storm grate theory.)

Posts: 2283 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.