FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » I'm getting married. (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: I'm getting married.
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
[Party]
Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aspectre
Member # 2222

- posted      Profile for aspectre           Edit/Delete Post 
So stereotypical of Norsemen. Loot, plunder, and pillage foreign shores, then run off with the women.
Posts: 8501 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Uprooted
Member # 8353

- posted      Profile for Uprooted   Email Uprooted         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh . . . my . . . goodness.

Aside from the silliness of the Viking kittens--I never had ANY idea what the name or lyrics of that Led Zeppelin song were. All my life I've been hearing it, and all I ever understood from it was "Ah-ah-ah . . . AH!"

(Sorry for the derail, KoM--just one of those weird moments in life. But really, "The Immigrant Song"? What a bizarre title! Why not "The Viking Song" or the "Loot, Pillage, and Plunder Song"?)

Posts: 3149 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
King of Men
Member # 6684

- posted      Profile for King of Men   Email King of Men         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by aspectre:
So stereotypical of Norsemen. Loot, plunder, and pillage foreign shores, then run off with the women.

Well, yes. It's practically a tradition in my family now; my father met my mother while he was studying in Scotland. Anything done for two generations in a row must be a tradition, don't you think?
Posts: 10645 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
anti_maven
Member # 9789

- posted      Profile for anti_maven   Email anti_maven         Edit/Delete Post 
lykkønskning, and congratulations!

Could it be that rather than stealing the women, KoM has been shipped in to improve the gene pool?

*grabs coat, hails taxi*

Posts: 892 | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Princesska
Member # 8954

- posted      Profile for Princesska           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by anti_maven:
Could it be that rather than stealing the women, KoM has been shipped in to improve the gene pool?

Could be. I can't think of anyone else that handsome and intelligent -- both inheritable qualities, you'll note. Compared to that, all I really bring to the table is a womb and the ability to slack off for nine months.

quote:
Originally posted by BlackBlade:
Sincere Congratulations King of Men. May you only need to take this important step but once! Shouldn't his wife's handle be,

"Queen of Women?"

I guess I can see "Queen of Men" but I am not sure which just feels right.

Grammatically and/or in an historical context, "Queen of Men" makes more sense. Alternately, if the royalty of Men does not allow females to inherit, I'd be "Consort of the King of Men".

Or maybe I'll be a modern woman and keep my name!

Posts: 44 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Alternately, if the royalty of Men does not allow females to inherit, I'd be "Consort of the King of Men".

But that would just be confusing, with two consorts around the forum. *pats adorable bottom of her Prince Consort* Isn't that right, honey? Hush.

Anyway... *turns back to Princesska* I vote for keeping your own name. [Big Grin]

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
He's handsome? I had no idea. I've never seen any pictures of him. Um, I'm not sure if anyone here has, or if he's met anyone in person. If you have a photo, you could share. [Smile]

quote:
all I really bring to the table is a womb and the ability to slack off for nine months.

Excellent! [Big Grin]
Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
romanylass
Member # 6306

- posted      Profile for romanylass   Email romanylass         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Princesska:
Compared to that, all I really bring to the table is a womb and the ability to slack off for nine months.

Don't forget intelligence and good taste.
Posts: 2711 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.