FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Seattleites - wanna get together? (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Seattleites - wanna get together?
Libbie
Member # 9529

- posted      Profile for Libbie   Email Libbie         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by rivka:
How cold is "colder"? And what, pray tell, is the weather like now?

Kinda drizzly, really foggy, about 45 degrees. Grey every day. Just the way we like it out here. We curse the sunshine and drive like idiots when it's bright out.

Any weekend in December will work fine for me. I have no weddings booked that month, and at this point, I doubt I'll have any inquiries about December. Usually, it gets into the low 40s during the daytime and really freakin' cold at night, it's typically fairly rainy, frosty, and it's always heavily overcast. We generally do not get snow until January, but with the weird weather patterns lately, we could have it a lot earlier this year or not at all.

In short, bring lots of warm clothing and a nice, rain-repellant jacket. With a hood.

Posts: 1006 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
erosomniac
Member # 6834

- posted      Profile for erosomniac           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
How cold is "colder"? And what, pray tell, is the weather like now?

Right now: grey, rainy, mild winds.

"Colder" is variable; this year it seems to be taking its sweet time getting chilly, but expect temperatures as low as 30 degrees F.

Posts: 4313 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
*shivers*

Um . . . when does it get warmer?

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
erosomniac
Member # 6834

Also, Libbie, we need to hang out again. I vote for pizza and beer - or a barbecue of some kind before it gets WAY too cold!
Posts: 4313 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
erosomniac
Member # 6834

quote:
*shivers*

Again, variable...as early as march, as late as July in some cases.
Libbie
Member # 9529

quote:
*shivers*

June.
Posts: 1006 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
June sounds good, then. [Wink]
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Libbie
Member # 9529

quote:
Originally posted by erosomniac:
Also, Libbie, we need to hang out again. I vote for pizza and beer - or a barbecue of some kind before it gets WAY too cold!

heck yes - I will have cashola around the first week of November and I need a web site update. We should get together and talk shop. And hang out, too. Barbecue sounds rad to me.
Libbie
Member # 9529

quote:
June sounds good, then. [Wink]

AWWWW! Man, come ON! you'll be missing the Northwest at its best! We all wait miserably through the summer until fall and winter come. We love the rain and cold here. Yesterday was the first windy/rainy day of October, and my husband and I took a long drive to enjoy the beautiful weather. That's how we roll in Sea-town. [Wink] [ROFL] I guess, to be fair, you CAN see Mount Rainier most days in the summer, which is pretty spectacular. You usually can't see it at all from October to March.

Okay, I guess maybe we'll see you in June, huh? If you change your mind, there is so much fun stuff to do in the winter, so just let us know.

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.