FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » How many degrees are you from OSC? (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: How many degrees are you from OSC?
JennaDean
Member # 8816

- posted      Profile for JennaDean   Email JennaDean         Edit/Delete Post 
I would guess that if everybody's only separated by 6 degrees, then most Mormons are separated by a lot fewer than that. So I would guess I'm fewer than 6 separations. But I couldn't prove it; I don't know who he knows. [Smile]

Oh, and I attended a panel discussion where he was a guest panelist, and I met him at the book signing - but that just means I know him, he doesn't know me.

Posts: 1522 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
The only reason I keep opening this thread is 'cause I'm waiting for one fo the Cards to post. . .
Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Advent 115
Member # 8914

- posted      Profile for Advent 115   Email Advent 115         Edit/Delete Post 
Ohhhh, please don't hope for that. I'm not so sure how they would respond to this.
Posts: 1941 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MandyM
Member # 8375

- posted      Profile for MandyM   Email MandyM         Edit/Delete Post 
I agree, cheese is great! And when trying to differentiate between Kevins cheese is a good tool. [Smile]
Posts: 1319 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Bridges
Member # 1138

- posted      Profile for Chris Bridges   Email Chris Bridges         Edit/Delete Post 
One, I've met him. And I was present when Bob Scopatz met him so I can swear they're two different people. Although, come to think of it, Mrs. Card kept distracting me whenever they would talk together. Hmm...
Posts: 7790 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
peterh
Member # 5208

- posted      Profile for peterh   Email peterh         Edit/Delete Post 
Me=Santaquin, UT
OSC=Greensboro, NC

The latitude of Santaquin is 39.975N. The longitude is -111.784W.

The latitude of Greensboro is 36.072N. The longitude is -79.792W.

So I'm 3.903 degrees latitude and 31.992 degrees longitude from him. Give or take...

Posts: 995 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Swampjedi
Member # 7374

- posted      Profile for Swampjedi   Email Swampjedi         Edit/Delete Post 
I have three (college) degrees. How many does our dear host have? Unless he has more than nine, I'm within six.

[Dont Know]

Posts: 1069 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
human_2.0
Member # 6006

- posted      Profile for human_2.0   Email human_2.0         Edit/Delete Post 
What if you've met him, but he doesn't remember it? I've met and talked to OSC many times. Not sure if he remembers me yet.

Who's Kevin Bacon? [Wink]

I know many people who know Steve Jobs. So 2 degrees for Steve. And I'm sure Steve and Bill Gates are buddy pals, so 3 degrees from Gates (maybe even 2 since a lot of the people I know might know Bill too). Steve Jobs also knows Bono and Al Gore, so 3 for them. Al Gore (& Gates) no doubt knows George Bush. So 4 for the prez... [Big Grin]

Posts: 1209 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fugu13
Member # 2859

- posted      Profile for fugu13   Email fugu13         Edit/Delete Post 
I've got two for an amazing number of famous people -- between Herman B Wells and various people now in the ballet world in Washington DC and New York (many famous people go to ballets and like to meet the performers after).

Also, I had a relative work with Mother Teresa, significantly increasing my reach.

Posts: 15770 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Artemisia Tridentata
Member # 8746

- posted      Profile for Artemisia Tridentata   Email Artemisia Tridentata         Edit/Delete Post 
Some of my Alberta cousins are named Card. Some of OSC's Alberta cousins are named Card. The members of both groups are likely cousins. How many degrees for a shirt-tail in-law?
Posts: 1167 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Artemisia Tridentata
Member # 8746

- posted      Profile for Artemisia Tridentata   Email Artemisia Tridentata         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh! also I played "Green, Green, Grass of Home" in the theater lobby for the world premere of "True Grit" and JOHN WAYNE shook my hand and said "Great Job". Who is that Kevan Bacon guy anyway?
Posts: 1167 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imogen
Member # 5485

- posted      Profile for imogen   Email imogen         Edit/Delete Post 
I've personally met Cherie Blair and John Howard.

Oh, and the then head of the military of Pakistan, who then became the leader of Pakistan after a military coup.

So between the three of those, I figure I'd have world leaders/statespeople pretty well covered.

Not so good on the entertainment figures. [Smile]

Posts: 4393 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CaySedai
Member # 6459

- posted      Profile for CaySedai   Email CaySedai         Edit/Delete Post 
I've met Bob Scopatz, who has met OSC, so two.

I've also met Charles Grassley, a senator from Iowa, who has certainly met all the presidents since 1974, when he joined the U.S. House of Representatives (incidently - the year I met him). He was elected senator in 1980. So, two degrees from many presidents.

Even better (than presidents) - I've shaken the hand of Spencer W. Kimball and talked to Clara McMaster - so one degree from them and two from any general authority they know. (Obviously, this was quite a long time ago - even longer time period than when I met Charles Grassley.)

Posts: 2034 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
estavares
Member # 7170

- posted      Profile for estavares   Email estavares         Edit/Delete Post 
I've met Card, and my uncle did the artwork for his new fiction magazine website, so that's a degree.

It's funny how a single person can connect with plenty of high-profile people. I knew Aaron Eckhart about ten years ago, an actor who's acted with Julia Roberts, Sean Penn, and a slew of others (he's currently starring in that film "Thank You for Smoking"). He's changed a lot since he "went Hollywood," as can be expected.

It was weird to hear Julia Roberts mention him in her acceptance speech when she won the Oscar for Erin Brockvich. I was like, "Hey, I know that guy!!"

Posts: 325 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
I've met no one who's met anyone, so I'm 6 billion degrees away from anyone famous. [Smile]
Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
I got stepped on by Wilt Chamberlain. Talked to Willy Nelson in a Delta Crown Room. Sat a table near Buddy Ebsen while he ate a meatball sandwich. And got to meet June Lockhart at a traffic safety meeting.

All of which proves that Wilt Chamberlain and June Lockhart probably had sex in an airplane at some point.

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
littlemissattitude
Member # 4514

- posted      Profile for littlemissattitude   Email littlemissattitude         Edit/Delete Post 
One. I met OSC at LosCon a few years ago. No photographic evidence, but he signed my copy of Enchantment.
Posts: 2454 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Advent 115
Member # 8914

- posted      Profile for Advent 115   Email Advent 115         Edit/Delete Post 
I would like to welcome everyone to the Giants Shadow Bar (a game). Where you can drink til' you can't type strait or talk til' you can't talk no more. But just remember to enjoy yourself.
Posts: 1941 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.