FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Jatraqueros! Conoci una celebridad!!!! (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Jatraqueros! Conoci una celebridad!!!!
Scott R
Member # 567

- posted      Profile for Scott R   Email Scott R         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Altáriël, I have twin daughters. When people see me out with them, they tend to make the same jokes all the time. "Double trouble!"
Oddly, now that I have four children, people no longer say these types of things to me.

I like to think it's because we inspire fear and dread in their hearts.

Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Uprooted
Member # 8353

- posted      Profile for Uprooted   Email Uprooted         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Icarus:

For the benefit of the copy-and-pasters among us:

á (ALT + 0225)
é (ALT + 0233)
í (ALT + 0237)
ñ (ALT + 0241)
ó (ALT + 0243)
ú (ALT + 0250)
ü (ALT + 0252)

Oh my gosh, how incredibly useful, thank you! (although that's a lot of digits to type while holding the alt key . . ) Do you know of similar shortcuts for the following? (copied and pasted from the "insert symbols" function in MS Word):

ã

ç

Posts: 3149 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't but let me play around a bit, and I'll see if I can figure them out . . .

ã = ALT + 0227
ç = ALT + 0231

Keep in mind that a) This is for PCs. Macs do it with keycaps, using the function key, I believe, and 2) the numbers must be typed in on the keypad, not the row at the top of the keyboard*.

FYI: the letters are more or less in numerical order, so when you're trying to guess one you don't know, just keep going in order.

* Laptops have these too. You might need to press down function, and/or you might need to press num-lock before. My old laptop was great about it; I didn't have to hit num-lock. My new one is more annoying, and I have to lock the numbers, and then unlock them later. HOWEVER, I discovered that I don't have to do this in Notepad, so when I post on Spanish forums, or write letters in Spanish, I write my posts in Notepad and then transfer them over.

Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Uprooted
Member # 8353

- posted      Profile for Uprooted   Email Uprooted         Edit/Delete Post 
Muchas gracias!
Posts: 3149 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
Which reminds me . . .

¡ = ALT + 0161
¿ = ALT + 0191

Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lissande
Member # 350

- posted      Profile for Lissande   Email Lissande         Edit/Delete Post 
Tzadik and I saw a lot ( = 7 or more) of famous people yesterday, in three different places at different times. We didn't talk to any of them though. But still [Eek!]
Posts: 2762 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oolung
Member # 8995

- posted      Profile for oolung   Email oolung         Edit/Delete Post 
Alatariel, que viva la lengua espanol! [Smile] Bienvenidos!

Scott T, I've just come back from Italy: Italian is sooo great... but unfortunately right now I'm only able to say some polite formulas... and some not quite so polite [Wink] So no Italian for me on Hatrack right now...

Posts: 218 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.