FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Things that make you want to slap movie-goers (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Things that make you want to slap movie-goers
Sterling
Member # 8096

- posted      Profile for Sterling   Email Sterling         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Lyrhawn:
You'd hate me in a movie then.

Firstly, I think Wallace and Grommit looked stupid, and I went to see Chicken Little and thought it was pretty funny.

Oh, it's not you. It's the other twelve million people or so.

A tremendous amount of work went into making W&G, goes into making any plasticine-based animation. And I like Wallace and Grommit. It pains me to see it not do as well as the latest cog in the Disney marketing juggernaut. I feel the Aardman animation studio should be rewarded for making something with wit and originality, rather than punished for not having the depth of Disney's advertising coffers and the breadth of recognition of the Disney name. And since every shot and character of Disney's recent work seems to have been run through marketing for analysis on the toy and sequel front, it's doubly painful.

That, and W&G is currently running at 95% on Rotten Tomatoes, while CL tunes in at 37%. Of course, the critics can be wrong about these things, but given a number of people have said that CL literally bored their children to tears, I can't help but wonder if the same wouldn't have been happier at W&G.

But, you like what you like. I enjoyed "Van Helsing", though I would never suggest it was a "good" movie.

Posts: 3826 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brian J. Hill
Member # 5346

- posted      Profile for Brian J. Hill   Email Brian J. Hill         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I enjoyed "Van Helsing", though I would never suggest it was a "good" movie.
I second that opinion. A lot of my friends think I'm a little out there for saying I enjoyed Van Helsing when I usually pass on such big-on-action-but-weak-on-plot thrillers, but there's something about the movie that I really liked. It's definitely not one of the great cinematic masterpieces, though.
Posts: 786 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
advice for robots
Member # 2544

- posted      Profile for advice for robots           Edit/Delete Post 
I've had very few really negative theater experiences, and I chalk it up to not thinking everybody else in the theater is a moron. [/smug]
Posts: 5957 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.