FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Nobody stays up late enough. (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Nobody stays up late enough.
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Chocolates are like advil. You take them orally. [Big Grin]
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh! But a kurta doesn't show off legs. He'd still wear pants beneath it, so there's no benefit of good looking legs. That's why I misunderstood.

On the other hand, I still get to enjoy his legs the rest of the time. Especially when he wears his sarong. [Big Grin]

Sterling, silly boy, you sacrifice them to the gods of sore ankles into the sacrificial altar of your tongue. Enjoy on the way down!

Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
I know, quid. But you have to have the legs anyway. Trust me on this one. It's a body shape thing. [Big Grin]

He wears a sarong? Awesome!

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Ooh! I just thought of something!

Ice cream.

That is all.

quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
You didn't know? Yeah, that's what he wears to bed and he doesn't change into real clothes until midmorning. And I buy him his sarongs. [Big Grin] Yep, he's got great legs. *drools*
Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

*considers waking her husband*

*reconsiders*

He's really, really tired. [Frown]

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

You know what I wish? I wish it was Christmas.

I love Christmas.

*rambles aimlessly*

quidscribis
Member # 5124

La la lala la la la *stops her ears*
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Want some chips?
quidscribis
Member # 5124

Chocolate chips? Sure!
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Me too. But I don't got none. [Frown]
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

I think maybe I ought to go to bed now.
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
I said meow.
Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
*licks ketchupqueen with his kitty tongue*
Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

*laughs*
Sterling
Member # 8096

- posted      Profile for Sterling   Email Sterling         Edit/Delete Post 
But won't my ankle stay mad if I keep all the chocolates for myself? Or get jealous of my mouth and tongue?

Perhaps I should just leave with my mouth, since my ankle seems to be an over-sensitive jerk anyway...

Posts: 3826 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

Just imagine if you could taste with your feet and ankles... woa...
quidscribis
Member # 5124

No, thank you. I think I'll pass. *insert vomity smiley*
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

*gigglesnarf*
quidscribis
Member # 5124

*raises eyebrow* Gigglesnarf?
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

*snarf*?
quidscribis
Member # 5124

*raises eyebrow* I preferred gigglesnarf. *sticks tongue out at Telpy*
Treason
Member # 7587

- posted      Profile for Treason   Email Treason         Edit/Delete Post 
Good "morning" Hatrack!

I'll see you tonight when I'm up late again! I'm off to work now.

Posts: 870 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
I stay up late, I just spend my time watching sci fi TV.

Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
raventh1
Member # 3750

- posted      Profile for raventh1           Edit/Delete Post 
I work during the night, and I usually stop reading because no one else is posting.
Posts: 1132 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Treason
Member # 7587

I'm up late again but I'm trying to force myself to sleep since I work early in the AM.
Must...relinquish...computer *struggle*

I lost, still here.

Posts: 870 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm online for a minute or two here. My AIM name is TS Hatrack, if you want to give me an IM.
Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Treason
Member # 7587

Thanks T. I think I'm giving up though. <sigh> I really do have to be up early.
*cry* I just seem to be addicted to Hatrack!
Goodnight!

mimsies
Member # 7418

- posted      Profile for mimsies   Email mimsies         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm up, it's only 11:30 here. And I'm rather too wound up to sleep for a bit
Posts: 772 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pfresh85
Member # 8085

- posted      Profile for pfresh85   Email pfresh85         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm still up here. Probably for another 20-25 minutes since it's 12:35 here.
Posts: 1960 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mimsies
Member # 7418

I don't think I've met you really before pfresh85. I drop in and out of here, depending on my mood, and how busy I am. I'm pretty much a dork, but I don't care because I have the world's most wonderful little boy. not that I'm biased or anything.
Posts: 772 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pfresh85
Member # 8085

- posted      Profile for pfresh85   Email pfresh85         Edit/Delete Post 
Ah, I've been here a few months now. I go through cycles: I lurk some, then post a whole lot, then go back to lurking. It works. As for the comment about your son, yeah kids are great. One of the reasons I started my parody thread (Women. How do I deal with them?) is that I want to meet a girl, get married, and start having a family in the near future (say within 5 years). I think family is great.
Posts: 1960 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mimsies
Member # 7418

Yeah. I want more. Hubby refuses. Lots of friends give advice on how to have an "accident" to have more. They are pretty funny.
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

mimsies, maybe you and I should trade luck. I've had two accidents now. [Eek!]
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

Ahh... nighttime once again at Hatrack...
Princess Leah
Member # 6026

- posted      Profile for Princess Leah   Email Princess Leah         Edit/Delete Post 
We can do community building games. Let's make rain! I'll start:

*rubs hands together*

Posts: 866 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mimsies
Member # 7418

There is a thought KQ. My firstone WAS and accident actually, but not a regretted accident. [Big Grin]

when are you due anyway. A less lazy person would look it up, but hey, it's midnight.

mimsies
Member # 7418

I think I know this game but never played it... we usually use our musical xylophones and bells to make rain around here

edit spelling AGAIN... OK maybe I need to get to bed now

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

I don't know exactly when I'm due yet. They gave me a date but I think it's wrong; I went back and looked at the calendar and I had one day of spotting the next month. Sometimes that's all I get anyway (I'm very irregular) and I was under the stress of a cross-country move. So I think I'm due sometime around the middle of May. But I need to get that confirmed. We're having trouble finding all the documents we need to qualify for Medi-Cal (the move again); I need to look in two more boxes, then call and see if they'll accept alternate, non-state-issued documentation and a notarized affadavit, because duplicates are going to take up to two months to get and I can't wait that long.
mimsies
Member # 7418

wow... I'm going to be in California at the end of the week. My son is SO looking forward to Knottsberry. I haven't told him I;m also taking him to dinner at Medieval Times
mimsies
Member # 7418

but it's only a visit, we won't be trying to get insurance...
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Knott's? It's okay. I like Disneyland much better, though. [Smile] But the food is better at Knott's! And it's cheaper, which is worth something. Medieval Times is highly overrated-- and historically inaccurate-- and overpriced-- but little kids love it anyway. [Big Grin] You'll have fun watching him have fun; don't expect to have as much yourself, but I'm sure you'll enjoy it anyway. [Wink]

Next time you're out here, I know a whole bunch of cheaper things that are a lot of fun and more educational, too-- like Olviera Street, the San Fernando mission if you're into history (it's not the best of the missions to visit-- that would be La Purisima, we did them all one summer-- but it's the closest), and the Gene Autry Museum of Western Heritage, not to mention all kinds of others. King Tut is at LACMA right now, but it's a nightmare waiting in line, and you've got your weekend planned anyway. Anyway, next time you're out, we'd love to meet you and get together!

Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
I LOVE Medieval Times. I went to the one in Toronto.

Our knight lost [Frown] But it was still great.

I think everyone likes it because they get to call their server "Wench" all night long.

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

The food grosses me out, mostly. And even as a kid I noticed the historical inaccuracies, and quizzed my server about it (I was 10 at the time, the poor thing! *facepalm*) I did enjoy it, but when I went back at 15, I decided not to go again. Twice was enough.
mimsies
Member # 7418

cool. I like the sound of that KQ. I'm looking forward to it. Sequoyah's such a knight fanatic.

I gotta get to bed. g'night all

mimsies
Member # 7418

I meant I was looking forward to meeting sometime. I get stupid when i get tired
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes the food was awful. And the disco ball that was used as Merlin's magic ball was laughable. But I still enjoyed it for what it was.

Does it really claim to be historically accurate?

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nell Gwyn
Member # 8291

- posted      Profile for Nell Gwyn   Email Nell Gwyn         Edit/Delete Post 
*peeks in the up-late thread*

I still love Medieval Times! I think I've been 3 times, most recently just a few years ago. Yes, silly, yes, historically inaccurate, but they have gorgeous horses! The 5 minutes of dressage is my favorite part - it's the closest I've been able to get so far to the Spanish Riding School.

Sporadic comment over. I'm going to bed now. [Wave]

Posts: 952 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

quote:
Does it really claim to be historically accurate?
Not in so many words, no. But their advertising does seem to imply it. (Not that I'd really seen their advertising at age 10. I was just a brat.)

And you KNOW there are people who don't know the difference. [Wall Bash]

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

And I'm all alone again, aren't I? [Cry]
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.