FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » New HP: Goblet of Fire Trailer! And it's good! (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: New HP: Goblet of Fire Trailer! And it's good!
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

- posted      Profile for sarcasticmuppet   Email sarcasticmuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
I can deal with the eye bit. I wonder how hard it would be to replicate properly with makeup and CG. The same with Fleur. The rest looks amazing.
Posts: 4089 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Glenn Arnold
Member # 3192

- posted      Profile for Glenn Arnold   Email Glenn Arnold         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
When it comes to Harris, its important to remember that he HATED playing Dumbledore and only did it for his grandchildren. His negativity read through for me. He seemed to be going through the motions.
No he didn't.

quote:
If you start worrying about approval, you're going to get it wrong. Dumbledore is possibly the easiest part in the entire book because it's so well written. It's all done for you, and I think I avoided the temptation of saying, "Well this is Richard Harris's Dumbledore." I didn't want to do that because the part was already created, all I wanted to do as an actor was to embody it, and let it speak for itself.
quote:
I thought the script was wonderful if they could pull it off, which they did. The thing that slightly worried me is: I hate commitment of any kind - that's why I have two ex-wives! If David [Heyman, producer] and Chris [Columbus, director] decide to do the seven novels, I have to do all seven - and that's what scared me. I'd have to get their permission to do something else. I'm a bit rebellious by nature, and I found that rather difficult to handle. While this was all floating around the family, my granddaughter called me and said: "If you don't do Dumbledore, I'll never speak to you again." I guess that was enough.
[quote]
Posts: 3735 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
The Durmstrang ship is AWESOME.

This one looks surprisingly good!

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

- posted      Profile for sarcasticmuppet   Email sarcasticmuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
How do you cope with the weight of expectation on the film?

I don't think about it. If you start worrying about approval, you're going to get it wrong. Dumbledore is possibly the easiest part in the entire book because it's so well written. It's all done for you, and I think I avoided the temptation of saying, "Well this is Richard Harris's Dumbledore." I didn't want to do that because the part was already created, all I wanted to do as an actor was to embody it, and let it speak for itself.

So have you read the books?

I haven't, even today I haven't read them. Not because they're not grand, I know they're great. I love the script, but I don't read fiction, it's as simple as that. There's more fiction in my life than in books, so I don't bother with them.

um, am I missing something?
Posts: 4089 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RoyHobbs
Member # 7594

- posted      Profile for RoyHobbs   Email RoyHobbs         Edit/Delete Post 
No worries, this series just keeps getting better and better - on the page and on the stage... err... screen.
Posts: 201 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Glenn Arnold
Member # 3192

- posted      Profile for Glenn Arnold   Email Glenn Arnold         Edit/Delete Post 
The international trailer.

It's not quite as hard hitting as the American trailer, but worth watching.

Posts: 3735 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.