FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » I HATE generic presents. (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: I HATE generic presents.
SC Carver
Member # 8173

- posted      Profile for SC Carver   Email SC Carver         Edit/Delete Post 
Speaking of generic presents...Why is it giving cash is considered rude, but gifts certificates are now acceptable. It’s like saying I didn't know you well enough to pick something for you, but I did think you would like something from this store.

Of course there are some people I would just assume get gift certificates from because they always get bad gifts. One of my relatives buys presents in February on clearance for next Christmas. So you get four shirts next year that no one wanted last year, and then you can't even return it. Oh well, it’s the thought that counts...

Posts: 555 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks, Olivia. There's got to be a way to get that to stop. I've tried being sweet and thoughtful and nice and asking politely, and it's just not working. [Razz]

Tom, I'd love it if you did. Even thinking of it is very sweet - thank you. [Smile]

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
Banna,
The flowers did bloom! I have planted them in the garden, and I hope they come up again next spring!

Kat, I am glad I could make you swoon with music. Yee-ha!

Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.