FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Charlie and the Chocolate Factory TV Spot... (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Charlie and the Chocolate Factory TV Spot...
Mabus
Member # 6320

- posted      Profile for Mabus   Email Mabus         Edit/Delete Post 
I can't honestly say I've ever had nightmares about any movie, no matter how creepy. For some reason I never dream about my real life, unless there's something that's become an obsession (Wheel of Time novels a few years ago, for instance). The closest I ever came was with the Grudge, which truly freaked me out. I kept thinking I saw the ghost crawling around the corner and out of my bathroom while half-asleep--you know, the version that was crawling down the stairs in the trailer.
Posts: 1114 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
"And the twins from the Shinning."

That was a scary movie, Myr! I couldn't believe how many times that guy got kicked in the shins!

Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MyrddinFyre
Member # 2576

- posted      Profile for MyrddinFyre           Edit/Delete Post 
[Razz] I was making a bad Simpsons reference, but nobody bit [Big Grin]
Posts: 3636 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Astaril
Member # 7440

- posted      Profile for Astaril   Email Astaril         Edit/Delete Post 
"It's the enforced gaiety."

Yeah. And also, I think, the fact that circuses used to be where people went to see freak shows and conjurors and cow fetuses in jars labelled as aliens (like in Firefly!) and other strange things that were supposed to scare you in a way. A safe sense of danger you'd pay for, like rollercoasters of today, I guess. So maybe the music's always had that creepy feel to people. Or do you think it's just now, after all the horror movies about deranged clowns and deserted haunted fairgrounds and things that have come about in the past hundred years? [Dont Know]

Posts: 624 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Steev
Member # 6805

- posted      Profile for Steev           Edit/Delete Post 
I think it's creepy because way too may TV shows in the '70s would always juxtapose the circus with some psychotic killer dressed as a clown holding some poor child hostage.
Posts: 527 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.