FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Telp, you and I are the only ones awake! (Now known as the kishke thread) (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Telp, you and I are the only ones awake! (Now known as the kishke thread)
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

- posted      Profile for Altįriėl of Dorthonion   Email Altįriėl of Dorthonion         Edit/Delete Post 
I LIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Guess what mortals, I am alive too!

Posts: 3389 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
That's good!
Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
Until we take out your organs and cook them up Jewish style!

PREPARE THE BIG KNIFE!

Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TMedina
Member # 6649

- posted      Profile for TMedina   Email TMedina         Edit/Delete Post 
Geeze, you must be a brave man Telp - that takes real guts.

-Trevor

PS: Although the Scots use oat and barley, I believe.

Posts: 5413 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

- posted      Profile for Altįriėl of Dorthonion   Email Altįriėl of Dorthonion         Edit/Delete Post 
*runs away squealing like a catholic school girl while everyone else prepares for the manhunt*
"They'll never find me here!" I say as I hide near a bush.

Posts: 3389 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

"Near" a bush?? [Confused]
Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
Heheh.. manhunt.. hehheh
Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jonathan Howard
Member # 6934

- posted      Profile for Jonathan Howard   Email Jonathan Howard         Edit/Delete Post 
Did you read Baba Kama, Baba Metzia'a, and Bama Bathra from the Gemara? They tell you all about Shechita.

Otherwise, it's not kosher, and not "Jewish style"!!!

Posts: 2978 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TMedina
Member # 6649

Of course Raia - because saying "amcheneyed" doesn't have the same ring.

-Trevor

Posts: 5413 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

quote:
Otherwise, it's not kosher, and not "Jewish style"!!!
tee hee
[Monkeys]

aspectre
Member # 2222

- posted      Profile for aspectre           Edit/Delete Post 
Telperion, don't threaten to stalk&kill someone. Not even in jest.
It happens often enough in real life that the words alone can be very frightening to the recipient.

We've had several Jatraqueras leave for an extended period of time because of similar postings.
When not permanently, at least until after the poster got booted off Hatrack.
And even then, their participation hasn't been the same.

Please Delete Those Comments

[ March 16, 2005, 04:58 PM: Message edited by: aspectre ]

Posts: 8501 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

[Smile]
It's all good. There are no threats. Just friendly banter. Don't worry aspectre.
[Group Hug]

Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

I didn't feel threatened at all, so there is no need to delete those comments.
BTW, near a bush?
I'll go to a freakin' cave then!

Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

But in more related news... this dish sounds very interesting...

Is there such a thing and Jewish restaurants where I could order this? And not just that...but any traditional food? There is a large jewish population in the norther suburbs of Detroit.. I'm sure there must be something up there.

aspectre
Member # 2222

No, it isn't okay. This type of playful behaviour has happened before.
And the atmosphere created always eventually devolved until playful use ended up being used as an example/excuse for others to use similar wording in a nonplayful manner on more serious threads.

[ March 16, 2005, 05:38 PM: Message edited by: aspectre ]

Posts: 8501 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TMedina
Member # 6649

Permit me to point out that the moderator(s) haven't intervened, the subject in question is neither offended nor bothered and nobody else seems to be disturbed.

-Trevor

Kama
Member # 3022

- posted      Profile for Kama   Email Kama         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm most definitely not a baba!

[Mad]

Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

Yeah, what he said!
aspectre
Member # 2222

The moderators do not make a full-time job of reading postings here. Nor should they have to.
We should be responsible enough to take care of ourselves.

And no, I don't file complaints notifying moderators.

However, you weren't here when devolution of the forum atmosphere leading to the previous incidents occurred.
If you had been witness, you wouldn't have posted such words in the first place.

Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

Umm..where is that thread?
Does it still exist?
Why are you so angry at us?
If you're not, then why do you seem to be?
.........................are you on your period? [Wink]

Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
(Hapful Birthday Telp)
I thought it was Telperion's Birthday today. Further investigation on the Birthday Thread has proved that this is not true- his birthday is the 18th.

So Hapful EARLY Birthday, Telp, for the eighteenth.

Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aspectre
Member # 2222

I am neither offended nor angry. Never was. Whenever I type something in anger, I delete it.
Nearly always before ever posting it. And if I post it, I delete it within a minute or so.

Several times in the past, there have been forum glitches which either deleted or made it easiest/necessary to delete large sections of past postings to get around, to fix the problems.

I think both of you are very cute (and I don't mean looks alone) assets on this forum.
However, personal isn't the same as important.

[ March 16, 2005, 06:21 PM: Message edited by: aspectre ]

Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

quote:
So Hapful EARLY Birthday, Telp, for the eighteenth.
Thanks buddy!
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

I think, aspectre, that we leave things as they are since there is no harm done, but understand your point and be more wary of our language in the future. Cool? [Smile]
TMedina
Member # 6649

*snort*

-Trevor

aspectre
Member # 2222

[Smile] Thank you [Big Grin] very much [Smile] Teleperion [Smile]

However, if you delete those specific comments, I will feel comfortable in deleting mine. And this derailment can disappear.

An RPG Mafia / mystery-solving game -- in which "assassin"s kill "citizen"s and "citizen"s lynch suspected "assassin"s -- useta be a regular feature of this forum. Enough so that rarely a day passed in which a game wasn't on the front page.
Because of those past incidents, they are no longer played on this forum.

[ March 16, 2005, 06:35 PM: Message edited by: aspectre ]

Raia
Member # 4700

Hehe, I like your use of the word "derailment," considering this thread started out as a "Hi Telp, you're awake," and evolved into a discussion about Jewish food and the cooking of internal organs.

Telp, if I ever meet you in person, I'll make you cholent. [Smile]

Mormo
Member # 5799

- posted      Profile for Mormo           Edit/Delete Post 
Telp is cholent green!
Posts: 327 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

- posted      Profile for Kama   Email Kama         Edit/Delete Post 
actually, I believe mafia is no longer played here because the other forums that were created made it possible to have an entire forum for mafia only, so that the threads could be easily found, and were not intermingled with "regular" threads.
Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
"Because of those past incidents, they are no longer played on this forum."

I think Kama has the right of it. Unless someone knows something they haven't told me, the mods never asked anyone to cut out Hatrack Mafia.

Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

x.X
I've no idea what Hatrack Mafia was. And what is this "past incident" being reffered to?
Oh, and why am I something "cute" in this forum(I'm not ticked off at this, I just want to know what you meant).

Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

quote:
Telp, if I ever meet you in person, I'll make you cholent.
Yay!
quote:
Telp is cholent green!
More yay!
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.