FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Nearly killed some guys today (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Nearly killed some guys today
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
Besides, considering the fact that a vast percentage of the comics in the paper are not funny, I'd almost rather read a paper without them.
Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ben
Member # 6117

- posted      Profile for Ben   Email Ben         Edit/Delete Post 
Then the Get Fuzzys and Boondocks restores your faith in the comics page?
Posts: 1572 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
Get Fuzzy is the absolute worst, stupidest comic strip I have ever seen......
Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ben
Member # 6117

I will fight you!
Posts: 1572 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HesterGray
Member # 7384

- posted      Profile for HesterGray   Email HesterGray         Edit/Delete Post 
One of my friends used to have Get Fuzzy comics all over the walls of her room. I read a few of them, but they didn't really inspire a laugh out of me. All they got was a little, "Eh." Maybe I just don't get it.
Posts: 486 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ben
Member # 6117

Oh and for no reason whatsoever, this thread title reminded me of an old 90s song:

i just flipped off President George! I'm going to Dis-nee-Land...

TMedina
Member # 6649

- posted      Profile for TMedina   Email TMedina         Edit/Delete Post 
Some of the "Get Fuzzy" strips are absolutely hysterical - others, not so much.

I have to admit, I can't think of any strip I always enjoy every time I read it.

-Trevor

Posts: 5413 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

- posted      Profile for sarcasticmuppet   Email sarcasticmuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
Fox Trot is my current favorite. [Smile]
Posts: 4089 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
Calvin and Hobbes.
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
I like that song.

Ummm... lessee. I do like Get Fuzzy from time to time, and foxtrot is usually funny, and of course peanuts is classic, where it still is. But... I find many webcomics to be much more hilarious than print comics. Also, it's hilarious when webcomic artists parody print comics.

Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
0range7Penguin
Member # 7337

- posted      Profile for 0range7Penguin           Edit/Delete Post 
Calvin and Hobbes is the greatest comic strip ever.(In my opinion) [Hail] [Hail] [Hail] Calvin! [Hail] [Hail] [Hail] Hobbes!
Posts: 832 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ben
Member # 6117

Pearls Before Swine is rather punny. i enjoy it quite a bit.
Book
Member # 5500

- posted      Profile for Book           Edit/Delete Post 
Get fuzzy is the only comic out there that references Douglas Adams and even had a tribute strip to Our Favorite Atheist when he died.

However, back to business.

Police never showed up. Don't know when they plan to, but if it's today, I'm going to be at the library until the wee hours. So that leaves me guessing.

I, too, am now somewhat impressed at my self control. I come from a family where male members on both sides have punched through at least one thing in their life (except for my brother, who punched a racket ball wall and promptly broke his wrist, because he is intelligent that way).

I used to be a pretty hot headed guy. I still am, really, only now I REALLY try to exercise my control more often. Only I wish the world had less jerks in it. I mean, I know that eventually the meek shall inherit the earth, but doesn't that mean that first you have to kill all the pricks? And if I don't kill the pricks, then who will? Really, beating those two delightful young men to death with the nearest blunt instrument would've just been me doing my civic/Christian duty. I mean, the greatest evil is when a good man will sit by and do nothing.

*turns off irony machine*

Also, I guess if you reference potential homicide in the title of your thread, you're bound to attract all kinds of attention.

[ March 10, 2005, 05:17 PM: Message edited by: Book ]

Posts: 2258 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

Get Fuzzy is the absolute worst, stupidest comic strip I have ever seen......

How is this possible? Does your newspaper not have B.C., Hagar the Horrible, The Lockhorns, Family Circus, and other complete and total dribble? If Get Fuzzy is the worst, stupidest comic in your newspaper, I wish I got your funny pages.
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
narrativium
Member # 3230

- posted      Profile for narrativium           Edit/Delete Post 
Don't forget Dennis the Menace and Andy Capp, Tom.
Posts: 1357 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beatnix19
Member # 5836

- posted      Profile for beatnix19   Email beatnix19         Edit/Delete Post 
Add Marmaduke to that list of Crap. Never Understood the fun of a big stupid dog that does no funny.
Posts: 1294 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Book
Member # 5500

- posted      Profile for Book           Edit/Delete Post 
Marmaduke... [Wall Bash]

Every single day it's, "Oh, Marmaduke, he thinks he's people!"

Posts: 2258 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
You have obviously never met Penney, who really IS people.

She acts like it most of the time, anyway.... [Big Grin]

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mothertree
Member # 4999

- posted      Profile for mothertree   Email mothertree         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I mean, I know that eventually the meek shall inherit the earth, but doesn't that mean that first you have to kill all the pricks?
Wow, this almost makes me wish we had a signature function on this forum. [Big Grin]
Posts: 2010 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.