FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » So I've recorded a collection of rough cover songs. (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: So I've recorded a collection of rough cover songs.
twinky
Member # 693

- posted      Profile for twinky   Email twinky         Edit/Delete Post 
YGM, you two.

Also, some of you might not know some of the original artists. The ID3 tags contain that information in the "composer" attribute.

[Smile]

Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Bridges
Member # 1138

- posted      Profile for Chris Bridges   Email Chris Bridges         Edit/Delete Post 
Sign me up!
Posts: 7790 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lucky4
Member # 1420

- posted      Profile for Lucky4   Email Lucky4         Edit/Delete Post 
Me too! (I think I just enabled email through the board...)
Posts: 186 | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

Chris, YGM. Lucky, the "email user" link doesn't work for you, it says that you've blocked such messages.
Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
twinky, do you have paypal?
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Why did I think I'd already asked for an email?

The memory really is the second thing to go. *sad shake of head*

twink, could I get an email too, please? [Smile]

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jim-Me
Member # 6426

- posted      Profile for Jim-Me   Email Jim-Me         Edit/Delete Post 
one more, buddy...
Posts: 3846 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
And me as well. ketchupqueen AT sbcglobal DOT net [Smile]
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

PayPal? Um, I have it insofar as I occasionally use it to buy things via eBay, yes... [Confused]

Everyone who has requested: YGM. [Smile] Also, tomorrow I will be going away and won't be posting for a while, but I'll be reading the thread and will have email access, so I can send the links to people who make requests even though I won't actually be posting.

mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
Is it the email addy you used to send me email?
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

No, it's a different one, and I'm not telling. [Monkeys]

Actually, I think the email I have associated with PayPal is due to expire sometime this year. I may have to change it.

mackillian
Member # 586

*stab*
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Good thing I knew to look! Silly filter thinks you're spam. [Razz]
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, please send me a link, Raja! I'd love to hear them!
Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ela
Member # 1365

- posted      Profile for Ela           Edit/Delete Post 
Meee toooo!!!!
Posts: 5771 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Primal Curve
Member # 3587

- posted      Profile for Primal Curve           Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks, twink.
Posts: 4753 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
twink, sign me up for this.

I also want your original Cd....I know I missed the boat, but how do I go about getting my paws on one?

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
larisse
Member # 2221

- posted      Profile for larisse   Email larisse         Edit/Delete Post 
twinky,

Would you send me a link, as well? I'd love to hear the covers. Thanks.

Posts: 822 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lucky4
Member # 1420

- posted      Profile for Lucky4   Email Lucky4         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, clearly, my favorite is Lucky. [Big Grin]

And not just because of the name and the fact that it's Radiohead- I really liked the guitar on that one, taking the memorable licks from the original and adding some cool elements of your own.

Posts: 186 | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

YGM, everyone who asked. And now I must depart. But as I said, I'll be checking my email and will be able to respond to requests for the link.

Narnia, you can get my album in one of two ways. First, you can download it for free from my website. Second, if you want a physical copy, email me your snail mail address and I'll make a copy and send it to you, no charge (I'll pay the shipping, too, I'm just glad to distribute it). Since I'll be away, though, if you want a physical copy it may be a while before I can send it to you. Just so you know.

Lucky was the first one I recorded, I'm pretty happy with it. It's one of my favourite Radiohead songs. [Smile]

[ August 19, 2021, 03:43 PM: Message edited by: twinky ]

Ela
Member # 1365

Could I have a link, please?
Posts: 5771 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

Ela, I sent the link to your profile address this morning. It might be in your junk mail folder if you have an automated filter, because I have my own domain and use it to handle my email.

Edit: As it turns out, I can in fact post from here.

[ February 02, 2005, 08:07 PM: Message edited by: twinky ]

larisse
Member # 2221

- posted      Profile for larisse   Email larisse         Edit/Delete Post 
twinky... I know you might not want to do anymore covers, but have you ever thought of covering "Wish You Were Here" also a Floyd song. Or, perhaps, you could cover a Cult song. I really liked your version of "Learning to Fly" if you couldn't tell. Great work.
Posts: 822 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ela
Member # 1365

Hmmm, I never got the email - I check all my spam before I delete it, and I don't recall seeing it.
twinky
Member # 693

Ela, I just tried again. Let me know whether or not you get this one.

I hadn't thought of doing other Floyd, but Wish You Were Here... I'd like to do Comfortably Numb, actually. But I'd need a band for that. [Razz]

Now The Cult is an interesting idea. The only one of their songs I know well is Painted On My Heart, though (from the Gone in 60 Seconds soundtrack). Perhaps I should try to get my hands on a greatest hits, if they have one.

Allegra
Member # 6773

- posted      Profile for Allegra   Email Allegra         Edit/Delete Post 
I'd like a link
Posts: 1015 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

Attn. People with the link:

Sometime today (probaby around dinnertime -- for reference, it's noon for me right now), there will be a new addition. I'm just fiddling with the levels now.

Derrell
Member # 6062

- posted      Profile for Derrell   Email Derrell         Edit/Delete Post 
[Cool]
Posts: 4569 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

Now I'm mixing it. [Big Grin]

I don't have time to upload it now, though. As it is, recording the thing has already made me late for my afternoon of hanging out with fun people. [Razz]

digging_holes
Member # 6237

- posted      Profile for digging_holes   Email digging_holes         Edit/Delete Post 
I just downloaded Twinky's album. I'm listening to it right now.

Oh, and I would also like a link to the covers, please. [Smile]

Posts: 1996 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

YGM, sir. [Smile]

(I'm going to start uploading the new song momentarily, it should be up in maybe half an hour.)

Edit: Okay, it's up, has been for a little while now.

[ February 19, 2005, 05:40 PM: Message edited by: twinky ]

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.