FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » WenchCon - Stuff to bring (Page 2)

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: WenchCon - Stuff to bring
Ben
Member # 6117

- posted      Profile for Ben   Email Ben         Edit/Delete Post 
oh, KetchupQueen, i forgot to mention the coolest part. when you stay there they have this crazy ritual where they give you stuff when you leave. and its not junk. it's great! dont be surprised if when you leave htey hand you a waterbed or something.
Posts: 1572 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
lol! I don't think I could carry a waterbed, a suitcase, a crib, and the baby.

I'd have to leave the baby. [Wink]

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lady Jane
Member # 7249

- posted      Profile for Lady Jane   Email Lady Jane         Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, I'm sorry, I suck = I'm still not sure what I'm doing. I need to check airline times - I'll be coming from Las Vegas instead of Dallas. So, um, I'm still a maybe on Thursday night - must talk to work about some things happening Thursday.
Posts: 1163 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, it's much cheaper for me, so I'll almost certainly go for Thurs., either way. [Smile]
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivetta
Member # 6456

- posted      Profile for Olivetta   Email Olivetta         Edit/Delete Post 
Just give me your arrival times when you have them. [Smile]

Ben? What did we give you guys? Some old dishes, a laundry bag, that computer desk we were going to put in storage... Giving you stuff really saved us some space. [Big Grin]

[ February 04, 2005, 02:48 PM: Message edited by: Olivetta ]

Posts: 1664 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ben
Member # 6117

that may be, but it was still COOOL stuff. we like to compare visiting you to getting a visit from the Easter Bunny when its time to leave. and we love you for it. i guess for other reasons as well, but thats one of them dammit!
Posts: 1572 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lady Jane
Member # 7249

I can attest that Olivia's house is remarkably civilized. The palantirs and spare virgins are kept strictly away from the children.
Posts: 1163 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Oh, good. I don't want Emma hanging out with too many virgins. [Razz]
Ben
Member # 6117

fair warning, the kids might sing and dance to the KENYA song for you.
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

After hearing Rivka's daughter playing the recorder ve-ry SLOO-WLY, I think I can handle that. [Wink]
Olivetta
Member # 6456

Now that I think of it, kQ has a baby, which opens certain possibilities in giving-away-stuff area.

Hmmmm...

Think you could use a package of unused swim diapers? Plus, somehow when my youngest was four, I ended up on a marketing list of 'new moms' so I keep getting sample diapers and such in the mail. Also have some shoes and such that might work for girls and lots of gently used socks and such for wee feet.

I won't load you down, but I may have some stuff for you to look at before I donate it. [Smile]

Posts: 1664 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mothertree
Member # 4999

- posted      Profile for mothertree   Email mothertree         Edit/Delete Post 
-->gree with envy.
Posts: 2010 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Actually, we would love that. She's oddly shaped for a wee one, so the only diapers that fit right now (that we've found, anyway) are Luvs, usually one size bigger than what she should really be in. (We can't even use cloth diapers! [Eek!] ) She loves to swim, so we can always use swim diapers. And socks are wonderful. [Smile] Hand-me-downs are our favorite. So, I'd love to look at things before you get rid of them, as long as it's not a waterbed or a trampoline or something. [Wink]
Ela
Member # 1365

- posted      Profile for Ela           Edit/Delete Post 
Hmm, I have LOTS of kids clothes I am looking to get rid of - what size are we talking here?
Posts: 5771 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

She's currently in 12 mo. clothes, moving into 18 mo. clothes, and I don't mind dressing her in boy clothes one bit. [Smile]

BTW, does anyone want a free LeapPad and a Dr. Seuss (I forget which one) cartridge and a Where the Wild Things Are cartridge? My sister got them for Emma for Christmas, and I've been going back and forth; I don't like them, but it was a gift from my sister. I've decided I don't want her to have them, but I'd rather pass them on to a friend who wants them. They're brand new, unopened.

Ben
Member # 6117

as a matter of fact, my neice would absolutely ADORE them.
Ben
Member # 6117

we wanted to get her that for Christmas KQ but couldnt muster up the finances at the time.
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Okay, Ben. I'll bring them along and we'll consider whatever I take home that I didn't come with good with the universe in exchange for what I've gotten rid of. [Smile] (I'm a bit of a pack rat and have to make myself get rid of things for what I take in.)
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

This is turning into, like, a Hatrack free swap meet. [Cool]
Ben
Member # 6117

sweet
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Speaking of singing and dancing, Olivia, do your kids know the Beaver Song? [Evil]
Olivetta
Member # 6456

I don't think so. They are familiar with the Water Buffalo Song, and The pirates who don't do anything. [Big Grin]

Um, Sippy cups? You need any sippy cups? Replacement valves are available at most grocery stores...

ACK!

Back to business! I have five days before I have to release the block of rooms, so maker those reservations, people!

Copy of rommie info from page 1:

quote:

Vana and Dan and Ophelia and Ben - One room

Ela, JaneX and one or two open slots- One room *open space, I assume female preferred?*

Frisco... obviously selling his body to cover cost of "private" room - appointment suggested

So, we have kq and infant, me Jenny G and Lady Jane who have not sorted ourselves out yet. My sister an neice may come, but may not stay at hotel. If they do, they'll probably want their own room (my sister turns into Queen Bitch of the Universe when she's tired, and wants to spare innocent bystanders).

Jamie and Nathan- ? maybe coming, don't know if they want t o share a room.

TMedina- you staying at the hotel or not?

Am I forgetting anybody?

Also, I may not be able to stay at the hotel, or I may have my kids with me. My beloved may be out of town for training that weekend. Not certain yet, and it was unexpected when I planned this, but no way will their grandmother take them overnight. So, I may be on Hobbit watching duty. Still should be around for some of the fun, just wanted to remind people to keep it fairly family friendly. [Smile]
Lady Jane
Member # 7249

I am not reserving a room. I am sure I can be sorted somewhere, probably with Frisco or KQ if she gets a separate room. I still need to figure out if I will be in Vegas or Atlanta on Thursday night, and I'll do that this afternoon, along with getting the ticket to Atlanta. It's kind of a pain because I need to discuss things with the travel department. If I stay in Vegas, work will pay for my hotel room that night, but that depends on how tickets and what's cheaper for them and for me and oh, just everything. Sorry for not being more definite here. I'll talk to people today.

But yes, anyway, I don't need my own room.

Ben
Member # 6117

family friendly? that's crap. i'm not coming.
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Um, what do we have to do to reserve a room? 'Cause we don't really have any funds at the second, but in a few days we should.
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Oh, and I just e-mailed Katie asking if she'll share a room with us, before I saw her post.
Ben
Member # 6117

reserving a room is calling up and a) laying down a credit card, or b) telling them you will checkin by 6pm.

no charges occur until checkout usually.

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Okay. I'll do it tomorrow, probably, after I talk to my husband and stuff.
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

(And Katie and I sort out where we're both going to be.)
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

quote:
Um, Sippy cups? You need any sippy cups? Replacement valves are available at most grocery stores...

Yes!!! She loves sippy cups, and we never seem to have enough, we end up washing them about every day.

quote:
I don't think so. They are familiar with the Water Buffalo Song, and The pirates who don't do anything.
Oh, then they'll love (and you'll "love" [Roll Eyes] ) the Beaver Song. It has motions and everything. [Evil]
Olivetta
Member # 6456

Question: Is there going to be a "GUYS Room" this year?

My sister has this friend who does costuming and also works as a dealer for some costume-realated stuff(as well as swords, etc.) who wants to come to this thing. He's really nice and very funny (How could a guy who has made entire sets of chain mail out of wire coat hangers NOT be funny?) but he would like a a guy or two to share a room with. Any possible takers? Frisco, are you really all about the WenchLove, or would you mind roomsharing with a stranger?

I know there will be plenty of room for the stray femmes without reservations, but I wasn't sure about the guys.

And how do you guys feel about having a dealer table? I'm sure it'll be RenFaire/costuming stuff that will be very neat.

Ela
Member # 1365

- posted      Profile for Ela           Edit/Delete Post 
Does anyone want to room with JaneX and me?

We need a roommate. (Or maybe two.) [Smile]

We're nice and we don't bite. [Wink]

...Or snore, either, for that matter. [Razz]

We already have a room reserved. [Smile]

[ February 07, 2005, 08:38 PM: Message edited by: Ela ]

Posts: 5771 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Ooooooh. If we have a dealer table, I may have to talk my husband into letting me have a bigger "WenchCon allowance"...
Mean Old Frisco
Member # 6666

- posted      Profile for Mean Old Frisco   Email Mean Old Frisco         Edit/Delete Post 
I suppose I could room with a guy and hold my appointments elsewhere, Livvy. A male roommate would be okay with me. Think he could reserve it? I'm a cash-only kind of guy, but as ElJay can attest, I'm good for it, if nothing else. If not, I'm sure I could find some way.
Posts: 270 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Frisco, if he can't, I'll reserve yours for you and you can pay me.
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Just let me know by tomorrow, if you can (although I may cut it close and not do it until Fri.; I have to juggle some numbers).
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
Point of order, I don't actually know if Frisco ever paid for his share of the room or not. I only know I didn't get stuck with it. [Big Grin]
Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Hmmm. Well, then, he'll be signing a written contract before he stays in it. [Razz]
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Jamie and Nathan- ? maybe coming, don't know if they want t o share a room.
No, we'll be getting separate rooms. Nathan has cooties.
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

- posted      Profile for Kama   Email Kama         Edit/Delete Post 
*snort*
Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivetta
Member # 6456

I meant share a room with anyone else. *thwap* Being newlyweds and all. Does that mean Nathan is definitely coming with you? Last you told me it wasn't certain.

Frisco, It'll be tonight before I can ask him, since I don't have his contact info and my sister will be in prison until then. [Wink] But she'll be able to tell me whether he can reserve the room. You may be the first to get there, so could you email me your real name? That way, you can check in under the reservation even if he isn't there yet.

Ben
Member # 6117

Vana, our reservation is in.
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

quote:
No, we'll be getting separate rooms. Nathan has cooties.
You know, he really should get treatment for that. The shampoos don't hardly stink at all now, really.
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

*bump*

So, um, we're doing a boys' room and someone will sort herself out to stay with me and Ems, right?

And the boys will be able to take care of their own room?

Lady Jane
Member # 7249

No response to an e-mail to Eddie, but since there's a boy room, I'd say we are good to go. I couldn't stay in the room with a stranger. [Smile]
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Great! I'll reserve a room by Fri.
Vána
Member # 6593

- posted      Profile for Vána   Email Vána         Edit/Delete Post 
Yay! Thanks, Ben!
Posts: 3214 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ben
Member # 6117

word.

i'm stoked about this event. it's been slow to build, but lindsay mentioning hte hot tub over the past few days makes me want it.

[ February 09, 2005, 01:57 PM: Message edited by: Ben ]

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Oh, Ben? How old is your neice? I forgot to mention it's a "Little Touch" Leap Pad for infants/toddlers.
Ophelia
Member # 653

- posted      Profile for Ophelia   Email Ophelia         Edit/Delete Post 
She's two. But she's really smart!
Posts: 3801 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.